Stronger For Scotland - Snp Manifesto Launch - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stronger For Scotland - Snp Manifesto Launch

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Yes voter does not an SNP voter make. Some of us are still capable of thinking for ourselves :wink2:

I thought there were quite a few things in the manifesto you would like.

I liked the section on the power of the Unions and the focus of stopping cuts in disability benefits included focus on careers. I quite liked the idea of disregarding war disabilities pensions too. There were a lot of good things in it in my view.

It needed to be stronger on TTIP though - from the reaction at the conference that is what the members want

I would suggest it has been vicious for some time now.

The current level of viciousness has been the new normal for about the last year, from the point that Yes started to close the gap. Thing is, Scotland, or at least the non-Unionist portion just give a big collective, "Aye, heard it".

I liked the section on the power of the Unions and the focus of stopping cuts in disability benefits included focus on careers.

It will be interesting to see how Nicola goes down today at the STUC conference compared to Miliband's somewhat muted reception yesterday.

Looking on Nicola and Alec have played a blinder... He riled them up to an extent that they seem to have poured all the shyte towards him . Then along comes Nicola and they are skewered as they cannot change tack... Just think of those silly tory cartoons...

Well played and keep it up..

An end to the bedroom tax is an all round winner .

More cash left to buy Lecky gas food.

Alleviates pressure on food banks

Puts people back into housing , true story here

Single mum 2kids under 7yrs offered 3bed council house

Has to pay 15 pound a week if unemployed because the

Council say they can share a room till the older kid

Is 12 yrs old . so people are turning theses houses down just now

My mate is a nutter alky ,gets no extra cash BTW but has

2extra rooms ,he has to pay £25 a week ,this is madness .

Got a "letter" through the door from Broon today.

Took a whole tin of Febreeze to remove the reek of desperation from my hallway.

The same today. Personal letter from Gordo through the post. Have they been sent to everywhere in the country?

"If an in/out EU referendum does go ahead, we will seek to amend the legislation to ensure that no constituent part of the UK can be taken out of the EU against its will. We will propose a 'double majority' rule - meaning that unless England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each vote to leave the EU, the UK would remain a member state."

"We believe that women should be properly represented in public life. We will push for 50:50 representation on public and private boards, and ensure that women are fairly treated at work with action to secure equal pay and greater support for working parents with increased paternity leave."

SNP - the party of statism and government control over every aspect of private life

This isn't taking into account their love of minimum alcohol pricing and various other Public Health crusades.

"If an in/out EU referendum does go ahead, we will seek to amend the legislation to ensure that no constituent part of the UK can be taken out of the EU against its will. We will propose a 'double majority' rule - meaning that unless England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each vote to leave the EU, the UK would remain a member state."

"We believe that women should be properly represented in public life. We will push for 50:50 representation on public and private boards, and ensure that women are fairly treated at work with action to secure equal pay and greater support for working parents with increased paternity leave."

SNP - the party of statism and government control over every aspect of private life

This isn't taking into account their love of minimum alcohol pricing and various other Public Health crusades.

Interesting and thought-provoking contribution.

Not sure what the in/out thing has to do with statism, however as someone who wants as little government as possible and locally as possible i'm no fan of these centralisation policies.

EDIT: posting from my grans so can't quote folk for reasons i'm not even bothering to investigate.

Edited by phart

Interesting and thought-provoking contribution.

Cheers mate.

Not sure what the in/out thing has to do with statism, however as someone who wants as little government as possible and locally as possible i'm no fan of these centralisation policies.

EDIT: posting from my grans so can't quote folk for reasons i'm not even bothering to investigate.

It's more that it would just be absurd if that actually happened.

So if 70% of Britain voted to leave but 51% of Wales voted to stay then we should be made to stay?

Edited by Menschlich