Stronger For Scotland - Snp Manifesto Launch - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stronger For Scotland - Snp Manifesto Launch

the cult of personality, a dangerous phenomenon. Mostly because it is so quick to recognise itself in others but is blind to itself.

From a friend of mine this morning, you'd like him he's a Psychiatrist, which made it highly amusing when an SNP supporting friend of mine from on here told him to seek professional help after he criticised the party:

Their supporters are disciplined like North Korean soldiers!.....Actually comparisons with Korean obsequiousness and cult of personality aren't too far off, on reflection

In before anyone else... He's not my Psychiatrist.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It came across as sycophantic.

If he meant "creepy" in that sense I'd at least understand his comment whilst still completely disagreeing with it.

Fawning would have been a better choice of word (oh look he chose that word to describe his own spot of bum licking), but in true Scunnered style he chose to use a far more provocative word.

In any case, I wasn't being sycophantic, I was just being honest.

Edited by Marky

If he meant "creepy" in that sense I'd at least understand his comment whilst still completely disagreeing with it.

Fawning would have been a better choice of word (oh look he chose that word to describe his own spot of bum licking), but in true Scunnered style he chose to use a far more provocative word.

In any case, I wasn't being sycophantic, I was just being honest.

You clearly can't read.

From a friend of mine this morning, you'd like him he's a Psychiatrist, which made it highly amusing when an SNP supporting friend of mine from on here told him to seek professional help after he criticised the party:

In before anyone else... He's not my Psychiatrist.

I'd like to point out under different circumstances i'd probably be following a cult of personality myself, it's not that i'm immune, it's a human reaction amongst most. You have to remember these people believe themselves to be the best candidate to "lead" millions of others, that should have folk wary for a start, that personality trait.

However that's a bit of a "meta" conversation. Not seen Alan in a while, but his SNP doppelgangers are about.

You clearly can't read.

Thank you for giving a perfect example of a Scunnered response.

You tell me I can't read, but you don't tell me why I can't read.

That is your wee party piece.

Edited by Marky

Thank you for giving a perfect example of a Scunnered response.

You tell me I can't read, but you don't tell me why I can't read.

That is your wee party piece.

If you could read, you'd realise that both "creepy" and "fawning" were directed at you... I don't like to point out the obvious, it's belittling. I'll keep you in mind and ensure any posts regarding you are written in a Reddit "Explain it like I'm five" style :ok:

:ok:

If you could read, you'd realise that both "creepy" and "fawning" were directed at you... I don't like to point out the obvious, it's belittling. I'll keep you in mind and ensure any posts regarding you are written in a Reddit "Explain it like I'm five" style :ok:

:-)):-))

Just re-read it. Could I request that instead of "Explain it like I'm five style" could make it "explain in like I won't make a tit of myself"? :-))

Anyway if you'd used the word fawning in the first place you could have saved us all this bother. :ok:

So, now that I've re-read your post, if you weren't fawning, how would you describe your ass munching of Milliband? :-))

Certainly not "Ass munching"! I guess if I were to describe I'd go with "an unblinkered, unbiased, nonpartisan view of how the debate unfolded" :)

OK then, how about my comment was an unblinkered, unbiased, nonpartisan view of Nicola's interview.

Or is it only you that allowed to say that?

:ok:

Oh deary me.

I spent the last few minutes considering a better term. I even went to the trouble of googling "Term for large group of people afflicted by confirmation bias". So for the time being its either "cult" or "unionist" :lol:

I spent the last few minutes considering a better term. I even went to the trouble of googling "Term for large group of people afflicted by confirmation bias". So for the time being its either "cult" or "unionist" :lol:

:blink:

Surely by using the phrase 'confirmation bias', that shows that you're suffering from confirmation bias yourself ?

:blink:

Surely by using the phrase 'confirmation bias', that shows that you're suffering from confirmation bias yourself ?

How would I possibly know that? :wink2:

Get with the programme Rossy.

None of Scunnered's rules apply to him.

Hush now. Grown ups are talking.

Oh so that's why the change was made... just dawned on me.

What's that Socrates quote again :wink2:

"Weak minds dis ra' K1llie?"

Edit: Good lord! 3 times I had to edit that. Not at my sharpest today.

Edited by Scunnered