Fantastic Time - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fantastic Time

ACKER FAE ORKNEY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank feck for the metal barriers Infront of the seats.. God knows where I would've ended up in the aftermath of Anya's goal!

I saw something on Twitter today about some boy saying that was the most mental celebrating of a Scotland goal he'd ever been involved in! So much so, he lost both shoes!

Just home this instant and what a trip! In the german end, may as well been the scotland end cos there were loads of us! The worst thing about the trip (apart from the hangovers of course) was that horrific 11:35 train from dortmund to dusseldorf that took over 2 hours! Only people on it will understand what i mean when i say it was pure and utter torture!

^^ This. That train was horrendous. Started out positively thinking it won't be too long to stand, but by about 90 minutes in the carriage was just bodies slumped on the floor, some piled on top of each other, looking like the aftermath of a zombie film.

I daren't think what the bog was like! :blink:

Just home this instant and what a trip! In the german end, may as well been the scotland end cos there were loads of us! The worst thing about the trip (apart from the hangovers of course) was that horrific 11:35 train from dortmund to dusseldorf that took over 2 hours! Only people on it will understand what i mean when i say it was pure and utter torture!

That train was horrendous!

It just went on and on and on.

J

No point greetin' about the train trip when you chose to base yourselves over an hour away from where the game was played. The scare stuff about Dortmund beforehand would make Bitter Together look like angels! Dortmund was fantastic! Plenty pubs, plenty swally, plenty laughs and the locals were great!

Was that the train that left 20 minutes late and was going to Koln? If so I was on that with my brother and his sons and we were in the rear coach - plenty of seats there. Apparently a couple of blokes were telling me the German conductress was charging them 70 Euros as they had tickets for a later train and it took her an hour to get out of the first coach. Thank god for that then as we were the same but she never got down to the rear coach before we reached Koln.

We just got on the ice train back of a 11 loads of folk got on had a couple of beers in the bar then the guard came at first he was asking for €25 then we said the police told us to get on so he was fine after that so gave him a I've meet the tartan army badge and the guard was brand new back in Dusseldorf at midnight

great trip, the pre match build up out side the stadium is spot on, so much to learn from the football culture on the whole

was fascinated speaking to a dortmund season ticket holder who said they would boo mario gotze all game because of club allegiances despite him scoring a world cup winning goal!! same gent also pays 400 euros for a season ticket to see dortmund, of which he tells me is one of their most expensive tickets, but the season ticket included all champions league games!!

Was that the train that left 20 minutes late and was going to Koln? If so I was on that with my brother and his sons and we were in the rear coach - plenty of seats there. Apparently a couple of blokes were telling me the German conductress was charging them 70 Euros as they had tickets for a later train and it took her an hour to get out of the first coach. Thank god for that then as we were the same but she never got down to the rear coach before we reached Koln.

No, that was a much quicker train.

I was in one of the middle carriages on that one and it was pretty rammed with standing room only but never saw a conductor at all. Managed to get a seat in the toilet eventually :-))

A grand trip but I'm still not a fan of Dortmund (the city, the stadium is superb). Even the taxi driver who took us to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof asked - "Why do you want to go to that shithole?" - he didn't know the game was on, despite being a football fan!

I absolutely love Germany but hopefully next time we meet the game will be played in Berlin, Munich or Hamburg.

Edited by Charlie Endell