Fantastic Time - Page 3 - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fantastic Time

ACKER FAE ORKNEY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great few days only slightly spoiled by the large group of fans outside Fattys Irish bar in Dusseldorf, kicking the football skywards and hearing the smashing of beer glasses when it landed and knocked over a table or two. Along with the 2 songs they knew consisting of We Hate England more than you and we fcukin hate England.. .

Agree.

These songs are old and tired. Much better songs so let's kick these out.

Best song was my German nephew singing FoS - word for word - at his first Scotland game. His dad has brought him up very well.

Like many threads say, roll on Poland.

We need to make sure we take 3 points there with us so let's get behind the boys on the 12th.

Still in Germany after leaving Dortmund to spend a few days in Berlin. Although Berlin is an amazing huge city with so much to do the lack of a focal point like Dortmund had for the TA would be a let down. Berlin is too big for us. Dortmund was amazing and I'd go back in a heartbeat for the fitba'!

Still in Germany after leaving Dortmund to spend a few days in Berlin. Although Berlin is an amazing huge city with so much to do the lack of a focal point like Dortmund had for the TA would be a let down. Berlin is too big for us. Dortmund was amazing and I'd go back in a heartbeat for the fitba'!

You werent on the simon-dach-strasse yesterday were you? Heard a number of scottish accents....

From the Altstadt party in Düsseldorf to the party in Dortmund's main square to the match itself, I had a smashing time in Germany! The whole of the travelling support getting behind the team generated a brilliant atmosphere and the team performance was one to be immensely proud of!

Gordon Strachan's Tartan Army!!!

just back in at 2 this afternoon , 26 hours to get from dortmund to corby , because of the woman at luton airport who couldnt explain why she had straightners in her bag !! so they shut down the airport and blew them up ! great weekend in dortmund, square all day saturday , teds gig sunday , we werent half bad at the football either , and how there wasnt serious injuries at the fountain in the square ill never know !

I stood on the fountain all day Sunday, only injury I saw was the guy who went in in his boxers and cut his foot, the red foam was lovley. Someone said he was a random Belgian guy.

I stood on the fountain all day Sunday, only injury I saw was the guy who went in in his boxers and cut his foot, the red foam was lovley. Someone said he was a random Belgian guy.

The Belgian guy was the guy that went in naked.

They decided to go to Dortmund because their game vs Israel was cancelled apparently.

saturday there was loads of t.a . trying to climb up the statue , some made it some didnt , usually the young got up it the older ones didnt , plenty got soaked , but i was surprised there wasnt any cracked heads after falling on the marble !

saturday there was loads of t.a . trying to climb up the statue , some made it some didnt , usually the young got up it the older ones didnt , plenty got soaked , but i was surprised there wasnt any cracked heads after falling on the marble !

On the 9:50 from Dortmund to Luton there was a guy with his head bandaged up, big green one who was scottish

Does anyone know if the boy who fell ? off his stool outside a bar near fattys Irish bar on Sunday morning and made a mess of his nose was OK. An ambulance arrived within a few minutes and not sure if they dealt with him at the scene or took him away.

Good trip. Flew from Stansted into Dortmund. Stayed in small town called Witten about 10mls from Dortmund. Locals very friendly as expected.

Guy directed us to a nice Portuguese restaurant where we spent most of Sat evening chatting to the owner about Bayern Munich, Benfica & football in general. He was also aware that we hadn't lost a game for 12 months & thought we might have a chance.

Everywhere we went both in Witten & Dortmund, we were met with nods & smiles & offers of help when buying tickets at the station.

The free transport with the match ticket was a good idea although I'm not sure how they'd have coped trying to check tickets after the game.

Dortmund on matchday was good in the bars & a great atmosphere in the square just off the main one.

Only got one injury, when two guys were standing, singing on the bench seat then the guy sat at the other end got up & wandered off causing the bench to upend catapulting the two guys into the air & the bench straight into my shins.

It hurt the next day!

Transport was easy getting back from the ground & got the subway back to the main station then the Dusseldorf train back to Witten.

Met some German fans in the hotel bar when got back & spent a pleasant night/morning with them.

The first thing they said as we walked in was that the referee was their best player.

Came over as we were sitting at breakfast & said cheerio then wished us luck for the rest of the tournament.

Great hosts, friendly & good sense of humour.

Only downside was hanging around Dusseldorf waiting for the 5.30pm flight back for the sake of saving something like £30.

Does anyone know if the boy who fell ? off his stool outside a bar near fattys Irish bar on Sunday morning and made a mess of his nose was OK. An ambulance arrived within a few minutes and not sure if they dealt with him at the scene or took him away.

That was my mate chief. I was the guy who put him in the recovery position while you came over and asked for his match ticket. :lol:

They wanted him to stay in hospital overnight but he wasn't for it. The doctor said if he had his way he would have kept him in for 6 nights so they could then operate on his nose! He didn't go to the match but he did get home with us as planned and got taken to hospital here to get splints taken out his nose and he's got an appointment to get the stitches out this weekend.

We were lucky a doctor happened to be passing by as well.

Brilliant trip, stayed in Dusseldorf friday/saturday was to fucked to drink on sunday and still struggling today haha. Best atmosphere/bounce i think i've ever been to, fans were amazing and it looked like a full blown riot was going on when we scored, thought i was having a heart attack. Great weekend apart from teh prick off here not bothering to meet me for the 2 80euro tickets he said he would buy off me, cheers mate

First overseas trip for a few years and first one with my son. Echo what everyone has said, great Saturday night in Dusseldorf, and atmosphere in the square on Sunday was brilliant. Headed out at 5pm ish to catch an hour of Ted Christopher at Strobels which was also superb. Vague recollections of dancing through some random hotel/restaurant en route to Strobels from the underground station. If anyone managed to film this it would be have been class. Amazing stadium and TA were brilliant throughout

like some others only slight down side was the long trip home on Sunday.

All in all a rather good trip

That was my mate chief. I was the guy who put him in the recovery position while you came over and asked for his match ticket. :lol:

They wanted him to stay in hospital overnight but he wasn't for it. The doctor said if he had his way he would have kept him in for 6 nights so they could then operate on his nose! He didn't go to the match but he did get home with us as planned and got taken to hospital here to get splints taken out his nose and he's got an appointment to get the stitches out this weekend.

We were lucky a doctor happened to be passing by as well.

Glad to hear he is recovering, i did put a cloth on his nose to help stop the bleeding before asking for his ticket. I was actually going for his wallet but felt a bit guilty.ha ha. .

The trip exceeded all expectations for me. It was my first Scotland away and if I'm honest I had my reservations about the Tartan Army going by some of the things I've witnessed at home games over the years. I couldn't have been more wrong to have such doubts. Just about every single lad I got talking to was spot on.

The trip didn't go without any hitches though. I managed to leave the paper wallet containing my train tickets for the return trip to Amsterdam and more importantly my match ticket on the train from Duisburg to Bochum. I was absolutely sick when I realised. Luckily I managed to secure another one from a lad in the first pub we hit after we arrived in Dortmund. The lad was kind enough to only take 40 Euro for it when it was worth a few quid more. If you're reading this - thanks again mate.

The few hours we spent in the square before the game is an enjoyable football away game experience as I've ever had.

The only sour point was the alky/junkie local (Turkish looking guy) pestering everyone outside the pub up from the station early on in the day. It's to the Scotland supporters credit that he never got a smack in the face. He was certainly asking for it.

I've only just recovered from the weekend. Dusseldorf was great. Standing outside the Uerige Brauhaus on the Saturday afternoon with the oompah band was brilliant. Saturday night handing out YES stickers - well sticking them on unsuspecting German babes arses :ok::wub: Sunday in the square in Dortmund was crazy. We were next to the Belgian guy who cut his foot in the fountain. Just a pity we came away without getting a point or 3.