Stv Debate - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watched Sturgeon's closing speech on YouTube. Is it just me or was Murphy's body language showing he was desperate to be the arsehole for what he is in an attempt to shout her down?

You got a link to that clip KoP?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Behave :lol: I said she was clear winner last week... Because she was. I don't think anyone won that tonight, all equally poor.

Willie was just happy to be there.

was always going to be difficult for Nicola tonight, 3 naysayer parties vs her. It will be a different programme tomorrow night. Patrick Harvie in that along with that erse from UKIP.

was always going to be difficult for Nicola tonight, 3 naysayer parties vs her. It will be a different programme tomorrow night. Patrick Harvie in that along with that erse from UKIP.

Arguably it was a matter of 3 opposition parties versus the incumbent government with a record to defend, on health, police, etc - but which is surely precisely not what the upcoming general election is about. This will presumably be the same for tomorrow's unless the BBC focus on Westminster/ reserved areas.

But interesting ahead will be the other "challengers' debate" featuring Miliband, Sturgeon, Wood, Bennett and Farage.

where according to the Grauniad, there are worries in the Labour party that Miliband "he risks being portrayed by nationalists and Greens as the party of austerity, Westminster and the establishment."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/05/ed-miliband-determined-challengers-leadership-tv-debate

Edited by exile

Weird the amount of anti SNP English accents from the questioners? Mind you, it was Edinburgh.

Will it be any different in Aberdeen?

Tonight's audience selection was representative of the SoV in the 2010 GE. So a fair reflection of CURRENT political opinion then......

Anybody pick up on murphy promising to give students a bursary rise of a grand a year , he said it when on a rambling tangent ?

He seems to make up policy as he goes along. Like promising school leavers who aren't going to university £1,600. Is that UK policy or Scotland only ? he increased his party's policy on the min wage during the debate.

He is one creepy character who really fits the bill of a snake oil salesman.

This is just blatant racism.

Just to add to it im fairly sure the guy that said "The country spoke" twice with regards the referendum was English ........

He seems to make up policy as he goes along. Like promising school leavers who aren't going to university £1,600. Is that UK policy or Scotland only ? he increased his party's policy on the min wage during the debate.

He is one creepy character who really fits the bill of a snake oil salesman.

Aye that will be a tough decision for some teenagers. I can have £1600 in my hand right now to do what I want with, or I can go to University and have 40K of debt in 4 years time. Hmmmmm....... let me think.......

Aye, that will encourage more youngsters from poorer backgrounds to strive to get to University.