Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate

I see there is beginnings of some story developing on twitter about Jim Fairlie opening up his gub again and putting his size 9's right in it. He's been arguing for immigration curbs to stop the problem of the bigger % of immigrants voting no at next referendum. Expect this to be thrown at Nicola like how Jim Sillars comments were dug out near the end of the referendum campaign and put on national news.

Something said by someone not in the SNP will be thrown at Sturgeon?

If she can't bat that one away and score a few points in to the bargain then she's not the woman i think she is.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she can't bat that one away and score a few points in to the bargain then she's not the woman i think she is.

will be dressed up as ex deputy leader. Just like how Sillars managed to get himself the top story at News at Ten. There will be a question on immigration, guaranteed the other party researchers will have primed their candidates on this if Sturgeon has a go at them for pandering to UKIP.

She'll get it tight I reckon. Labour and Tory vote is far too close for them to risk turning this into an exposing and possibly damaging 1v1. Saying that I reckon Cameron will play the Labour in Salmonds pocket line.

I've seen enough of Nic to know she'll be able to handle anything thrown at her, as long as she is prepared.

And how the fück is Farage bookies favourite to win this? He's an utterly shit debater, lacks answers and covers with that horrible sneering laugh.

The bookies seem to be informed by the perception that Farage is a normal bloke who represents your average working joe and someone you would enjoy a pint with. It's bizarre how this perception is attached to a middle/upper-class former city man with xenophobic views...........

It's been batted away by a spokesman already. "Jim Fairlie has not been in the SNP for a quarter century"

Fairlies a feckin' moron though.

“Some leaders may have more time speaking during the programme than others, taking into account the different roles and responsibilities of the individual leaders."

"The audience has been picked not according to the current polls but a specific ratio. It means from an audience of 200, there will be 40 undecided voters, 35 Tory, 35 Labour, 28 Lib Dems, 21 Ukip, 14 SNP, 14 Green, and 7 Plaid Cymru supporters."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/02/leaders-debate-cameron-miliband-and-clegg-may-get-more-speaking-time

Some leaders may have more time speaking during the programme than others, taking into account the different roles and responsibilities of the individual leaders."

"The audience has been picked not according to the current polls but a specific ratio. It means from an audience of 200, there will be 40 undecided voters, 35 Tory, 35 Labour, 28 Lib Dems, 21 Ukip, 14 SNP, 14 Green, and 7 Plaid Cymru supporters."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/02/leaders-debate-cameron-miliband-and-clegg-may-get-more-speaking-time

:blink:

Why 21 UKIP?

The bookies seem to be informed by the perception that Farage is a normal bloke who represents your average working joe and someone you would enjoy a pint with. It's bizarre how this perception is attached to a middle/upper-class former city man with xenophobic views...........

He can right off. One of my old local pubs tossed him out last year when he rocked up with a film crew to "enjoy a pint".

http://m.bathchronicle.co.uk/Ukip-leader-Nigel-Farage-told-stop-campaigning/story-21028932-detail/story.html

J

Some leaders may have more time speaking during the programme than others, taking into account the different roles and responsibilities of the individual leaders."

Which also shows what a mockery FPTP is.

As UKIP will not get anywhere near that in sense of MP's.

J

UKIP will get at least 3 times the number of votes as the SNP, but they'll have a lot less seats...

Considering England has 10 times the population of Scotland then this is acceptable

Isn't it interesting that apparently "democratically" the people of Scotland voted to stay in the union yet the SNP taking numerous seats at Westminster is some kind of disgrace to THEIR democracy?

Expect a lot of jock bashing here,funny,thought THEY won the referendum. .. who's running scared now ;)

Edited by Bzzzz

The unionist media and polical parties almost universally seem to be making the exact same mistakes as they did during the referendum - they way they are attacking the SNP is just reinforcing how the Union doesn't work.

Very bizarre approach as it will just make more people who aren't staunch unionists vote SNP