Match Thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread

ParisInAKilt

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Fletcher.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he scored a couple of good goals and gave a 100% for 90 minutes. Good stuff.

Shite game, lots of brutal football, but a win. Let's move on.

Well done to Fletcher.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he scored a couple of good goals and gave a 100% for 90 minutes. Good stuff.

Shite game, lots of brutal football, but a win. Let's move on.

Also hit the post as well so was close to four. Our man of the match was Fletcher. Bannan did well when he came on as well. Not a lot else to get excited about but today was always about the result.

bannan might have started a game like this.

fletch had a fair few chances when you look through the game to day and throughout the campaign. nothing wrong with his movement, perhaps his confidence will be boosted and he will kick from here.

i still would go with him in dublin.

Not a great performance but it was never going to be. Gibraltar had one aim and that was to make it as difficult and awkward as possible to find a way past them. And they did it no bad. Why should they open up and allow us to play? It was up to us to break them down and we did that six times without being anywhere near our best. Normally we struggle to break down poor teams.

It was always gonna be a frustrating game to watch and to be honest it panned out about how I expected. Remember we don't have the world class players at our disposal that some countries do, but we worked hard and earned a decent victory without looking like the world beaters that we aren't anyway.

A bit of perspective needed here guys. Poor game all round and not pretty but we put two more past them than Germany (who are world beaters) could and realistically could've had a couple more too.

I'm disappointed overall too, but it was a no win situation for us. Job done though, three points in the bag and now on to Dublin.

Edited by DaveyDenoon