The Official Is Matt Ritchie Good Enough Thread. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Official Is Matt Ritchie Good Enough Thread.

JagDude

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his season stats with Bournemouth I was expecting a lot more from him. I was actually hoping for a right winged version of Anya pace wise but he doesn't seem that fast. He never did much in the game and a half he played to suggest he is a huge improvement on what we have already, then again no one in the last 2 games really stood out IMO. He is a squad option for us, no harm in that, but if someone else in his position has a cracking end to this season/start to next then they will be ahead of him. If Snodgrass can regain fitness and form then IMO that wide right position is his and everyone else is back up.

From his season stats with Bournemouth I was expecting a lot more from him. I was actually hoping for a right winged version of Anya pace wise but he doesn't seem that fast. He never did much in the game and a half he played to suggest he is a huge improvement on what we have already, then again no one in the last 2 games really stood out IMO. He is a squad option for us, no harm in that, but if someone else in his position has a cracking end to this season/start to next then they will be ahead of him. If Snodgrass can regain fitness and form then IMO that wide right position is his and everyone else is back up.

I'll agree with this measured post. :ok:

his dad played for hibs and so did he before he got capped.

edit he got capped before playing for hibs

Goram was first picked for the squad when he played for Oldham, before he moved to Hibs.

Ritchie takes a decent corner and that's about it. Won't be a regular unless he improves significantly.

Edited by morrison1982

If he played for Dundee United, or Aberdeen, or most Scottish teams, he wouldn't be anywhere near the squad never mind the team.

Ridiculous statement - if he played for those teams at any stage he would've moved on to the next level, like Bournemouth, and be in the frame now anyway

Ridiculous statement - if he played for those teams at any stage he would've moved on to the next level, like Bournemouth, and be in the frame now anyway

Not necessarily, Adam is playing at a higher level than a lot of the squad and can't get a call up.

From what I've seen of Richie I don't think he warranted being fast tracked into the squad ahead of other players.

No issues with his elegibilty but I thought he was poor. I was expecting him to be much more attacking but he kept passing the ball back rather taking people on. GMS would have been a much better option, especially against a team like Gib.

Disappointed with his performance on Sunday. Ball retention was still ok, but didn't really cause them any problems and passed up a golden opportunity on his strong foot. He showed enough against NI to think he might have some potential to be effective, but never really got at his man or delivered a quality cross, which he did seem capable of midweek. If you can't do it against Gibraltar then that's cause for concern. Maybe a little surprised we continued with two inverted wingers and didn't try them on the flanks that would suit their strong foot.

Glad Ritchie got the opportunity following a decent enough debut, but I assume in the Ireland game we'll drop back to Naismith in the hole and Maloney out right. Seems our strongest set up until Snodgrass returns.

I have a feeling GMS is going to go on (continue) a good run of form and may well start in ireland. pace and trickery is going to be vital when playing away on the counter

Ireland might be a bit soon for someone that isn't used to the system. I was kinda hoping we'd have another friendly before it so we can get him in there to get more experience.

Saying that, Maloney will be overdue his annual injury by that point and Snodgrass will still be out. So Strachan might see it as a worthwhile risk.

Apparently Scott Brown advised Deila to sign GMS, based mostly on their time together at training camps. So the people in the dressing room obviously rate him quite highly as well.

Ritchie did all right on Wednesday but was poor yesterday.

Did WGS not pick Armstrong & GMS because he didn't want the accusation of picking players who had just singed for Celtic?

Both have been in great form the last 2/3 months and both should have been in the squad.

GMS would have had a field day yesterday.

He was pish both games. I though he was meant to be a fast winger who could go by people? Didnt see ot at all. Turn around pass back woooo. Shite. im with the others, hadnt even been to Scotland that shows you how scottish he is or feels. No thank you bye.

Matt Ritchie voted best player in the English Championship by opposition fans: http://www.90min.com...gue-top-50-poll

5 Chris Martin

10 Jordan Rhodes

20 Ross McCormack

33 Christopher Berra

36 Eoin Doyle

48 Paul Gallagher

No place for Ikechi Anya, Johnny Russell, Stevie May, Russell Martin, Gordon Greer, Grant Hanley, Craig Bryson or Craig Forsyth.

Edited by jt_ceefax

Matt Ritchie voted best player in the English Championship by opposition fans: http://www.90min.com...gue-top-50-poll

5 Chris Martin

10 Jordan Rhodes

20 Ross McCormack

33 Christopher Berra

36 Eoin Doyle

48 Paul Gallagher

No place for Ikechi Anya, Johnny Russell, Stevie May, Russell Martin, Gordon Greer, Grant Hanley, Craig Bryson or Craig Forsyth.

I don't think that will cut much ice here.