Unpopular Opinions About Scotland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions About Scotland

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie Cooper should NOT have gotten many, many more Caps than he did, the reason he didn't is John Robertson was a better player.

Uber Patriot Gordon Strachan's Patriotism seems to rise and fall directly correlated to his employment status

Superhero Faddy missing 2 sitters away to Georgia and Home to Italy respectively did far more harm to the 2008 campaign, than his goal in Paris did good. He was also very lucky not to be sent off in the home game with France

Superhero Faddy missing 2 sitters away to Georgia and Home to Italy respectively did far more harm to the 2008 campaign, than his goal in Paris did good. He was also very lucky not to be sent off in the home game with France

Wouldn't describe both those chances as sitters.

The only reason those two games mattered was because of his goals and general play in the other games.

Davie Cooper should NOT have gotten many, many more Caps than he did, the reason he didn't is John Robertson was a better player.

Cooper was struggling to get a game for Rangers nevermind Scotland during Robertson's time. If Robbo kept anyone out the team it was Davie Provan, Peter Weir etc...

Edited by Toepoke

Losing a 2-0 lead against ten man Belgium was my worst ever experience at Hampden.

Nothing wrong with that - mine too, felt physical sick walking out of that game, long horrible depressing silent journey home that night still sticks with me.

Nothing wrong with that - mine too, felt physical sick walking out of that game, long horrible depressing silent journey home that night still sticks with me.

Was either my first or second game as a wee guy, went to the croatia game in the same campaign. My dad still tells a story of him having me on his shoulders, as I sang "the final score was 2-2" over and over! While he tried to shut me up! i was 3/4 at the time in my defence!

remember my dad driving by the team bus on the a77 bypass symington on the way to the game. Scotland has been training at somerset park and when I looked out the window davie weir waved at me, was startstruck but I was only a wee boy

Two more from me.

When he's played over the last three years or so (goal against Australia aside) Ross McCormack has been brushed off the ball and been generally anonymous. I don't see what he brings to the team anymore.

Regardless of the whole tiresome debate over his admittedly questionable eligibility, Phil Bardsley is a good player and should be in the present squad.

Regardless of the whole tiresome debate over his admittedly questionable eligibility, Phil Bardsley is a good player and should be in the present squad.

i suspect that bardsley will only be called up if he is guaranteed to start a game, i dont think he can be arsed otherwise and has said so, otherwise he would be in the squad over the likes of forsyth and reynolds

I tend to agree.

Too many "Look at me, I'm crazy" characters who are normally sleeping by KO and do all their singing in the pub.

:-))

painful isn't it. you should have seen some of the roasters in my hostel in dusseldorf "we're scottish we drink anything!"