Scotland Players In Action - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

That's if Rhodes still wants to be picked for Scotland, at least that's what one or two people are saying.....

Without knowing the ins and outs it's hard to say. Ideally Strachan will have a chat with him some point between now and March to discuss things.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without knowing the ins and outs it's hard to say. Ideally Strachan will have a chat with him some point between now and March to discuss things.

That of course is perfectly true, we don't know what goes on between Rhodes and Strachan.

Have to say though it does look very strange that such a prolific scorer like Jordan Rhodes has been left out of sqauds for so long now, even for friendly games.

That of course is perfectly true, we don't know what goes on between Rhodes and Strachan.

Have to say though it does look very strange that such a prolific scorer like Jordan Rhodes has been left out of sqauds for so long now, even for friendly games.

100 % agree, i know scotland dont play with a "poacher" but the boy scores too many goals to be ignored

another 2 for jordan rhodes, cant believe he's not making the scotland squad

err I can. He doesn't deserve to be picked on his current form. That's only the 2nd game he's score in out of his last 10. The mythical goal a game Jordan Rhodes hasn't been seen for a few years and his goals are less and less each season.

Chris Martin has 3 more goals that Rhodes this season, him being in the last squad over Rhodes was 100% the right call and utterly justified. You could argue for his inclusion over Stevie May, but personally I'm fine with Strachan using the last couple of squad spots to bring people in and offer them a taste of what the international squad is like (e.g. Gauld, May, MacLeod). I think that'll do us more good in the long term than just putting our 4th best striker on the bench constantly.

err I can. He doesn't deserve to be picked on his current form. That's only the 2nd game he's score in out of his last 10. The mythical goal a game Jordan Rhodes hasn't been seen for a few years and his goals are less and less each season.

Chris Martin has 3 more goals that Rhodes this season, him being in the last squad over Rhodes was 100% the right call and utterly justified. You could argue for his inclusion over Stevie May, but personally I'm fine with Strachan using the last couple of squad spots to bring people in and offer them a taste of what the international squad is like (e.g. Gauld, May, MacLeod). I think that'll do us more good in the long term than just putting our 4th best striker on the bench constantly.

:ok::ok::ok:

its all about the team winning, i get that

Severe lack of pace and the there's better players ahead of him probably.

No slower than Martin and more of a consistent goalscorer over a longer and therefore more reliable length of time.

Naismith, Fletcher etc righly nailed on but would have Rhodes every time after those two. 3 in 11 Scotland apps isn't bad too given our other strikers records

Wouldn't surprise me, although rather than being below par, i think it's likely he just isn't good enough. Happy to be proved wrong obviously.

Agreed - I meant below par for the standard expected of an international - I think he's got his level in the championship and suspect we will all be proved right next season when Derby are in the EPL

Edited by ProudScot

No slower than Martin and more of a consistent goalscorer over a longer and therefore more reliable length of time.

Naismith, Fletcher etc righly nailed on but would have Rhodes every time after those two. 3 in 11 Scotland apps isn't bad too given our other strikers records

Gibraltar would be the perfect game for a player like Rhodes. He strikes me as the type of forward who could bag four or five by himself against very weak teams.