Scotland Players In Action - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous George Boyd grabs a goal!

Sneaky suspicion that now he is getting first team action that he might find his way into Strachans next squad (Strachan said a while back that he was unlucky to be dropped from a squad, but was not playing much, yet could change if he did start playing more games).

Actually George Boyd's form has been really good for Burnley - he's arguably their best player.

Possible option on the left for Scotland?

He seems to have no pace and another who struggles with the step up. Also he is about 30 now - not writing him off but there's maybe better options to look at, younger etc

Pish ones

You may be right about p*sh forwards but there was no penalty given at Selhurst Park last night!

McArthur was terrific in a game in dominated by Palace. Lack of composure cost them as Benteke showed what a class act he is.

Hutton had a great game and was totally committed throughout. He had no opportunity to move outside his own half

You may be right about p*sh forwards but there was no penalty given at Selhurst Park last night!

McArthur was terrific in a game in dominated by Palace. Lack of composure cost them as Benteke showed what a class act he is.

I was wondering about that myself. No mention of a missed penalty on whoscored.

On the bbc live coverage they mention Palace had a penalty appeal, but not involving McArthur.

Sneaky suspicion that now he is getting first team action that he might find his way into Strachans next squad (Strachan said a while back that he was unlucky to be dropped from a squad, but was not playing much, yet could change if he did start playing more games).

I thought Boyd would have been a candidate to take Snodgrass' place in the team when he got injured. Left footed but no real pace so could play on the right and cut, decent in the air and puts in a shift.

When is Snodgrass due back anyway?

I thought Boyd would have been a candidate to take Snodgrass' place in the team when he got injured. Left footed but no real pace so could play on the right and cut, decent in the air and puts in a shift.

sure i read recently that Snodgrass is unlikely to play again this season

Seem to recall there was a bit in the press few weeks back where he said he was now on the exercise bike to build up the strength on his knee, but no detail of when he would be back.

Hutton had a great game and was totally committed throughout. He had no opportunity to move outside his own half

Sorry. It was in the SKY app and there were mentions on Twitter.

He said himself on STV when he was a pundit at the England game. 3 months into a 9 month recovery period....

Fingers crossed he could maybe just get fit in time to play one or two games for Hull at the end of the season and get him fit for the game in Dublin.

I remember at the end of the 1999/2000 season, after he had recovered from that terrible leg break, Henrik Larsson had only played a couple of reserve games and made one substitute appearance for Celtic at the end of the season but was fit enough to play for Sweden at Euro 2000.

Just a chance Snoddy could make it yet.

I would say no chance of Snoddy playing in Dublin. Would we really risk a player who hadn't played in a year in such a big game?

even if he did play 3 or 4 games for Hull I can't see them being full 90 minutes and he would need many more matches to get back to full match fitness.

He will need a full pre season and hopefully be ready for start of next season.

Grimmer was terrible.

Off the pace, at fault for two goals, not an accomplished tackler. Really doubt we will see much from him in the near future.

I only saw first half and wasn't too impressed with him.

Murray Wallace playing for Huddersfield again today, in defence and played 18 leauge games this season. Anyone know much about him? Is he a centre back?

Edited by kmcca5