Scotland Players In Action - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Murray Wallace playing for Huddersfield again today, in defence and played 18 leauge games this season. Anyone know much about him? Is he a centre back?

Scrub that he has only started 4 games this season. Bloody Wikipedia, who scored.com says he is a central defender.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a centre-half who looked superb when he was coming through the ranks at Falkirk.

Doesn't seem to have quite hit the heights yet at Huddersfield, but he's still young enough that he has time on his side.

Edited to add that I was referring to Murray Wallace. No idea where the quote I was answering went to.

Edited by Snapperone

He's a centre-half who looked superb when he was coming through the ranks at Falkirk.

Doesn't seem to have quite hit the heights yet at Huddersfield, but he's still young enough that he has time on his side.

Edited to add that I was referring to Murray Wallace. No idea where the quote I was answering went to.

Wallace has generally been OK when he's played but always had stronger & more experienced players in the queue in front of him. He had a decent game yesterday though & I like the way he plays. He can certainly handle himself at Championship level.

Not sure what's happening with Paul Dixon though. I can see us shipping him out soon as defensively he looks shaky & won't get a look in with Jack Robinson playing. He came on as a (very) late sub yesterday although sat on the left side of midfield.

Peach of a half volley from about 25 yards. Wouldnt have a clue what standard Sporting B and the league they play in is at but.

2nd division in Portugal. Not the greatest, but a damn sight better than our 2nd tier and a good few sides would better our lower half top flight sides I would imagine. 6 Primeira League sides have 'B' teams in it including the big 3.

Hutton's recent form has been so good that whoscored.com now has him down as this seasons top rated Scottish player in the EPL.

George Boyd's recent form has also been really good.

whoscored EPL Scottish players ranking

Hutton

Naismith

Boyd

---------

McArthur

Bardsley

Adam

McGregor

Robertson

Morrison

S Fletcher

Dorrans

---------

Bridcutt

Arfield

Wallace

D Fletcher

Bannan

Phillips

Anyone else read Bruno Aguiar's strange comments on Ryan Gauld today ?

"He needs to improve more and more to make it into the first team at Sporting. At this time, he still has work to do. He needs to show more if he wants to play for Sporting A. I don't know if Ryan will ever become a top player. You can't say what will happen in the future. I don't watch a lot of the Segunda Liga matches, so yesterday was the first time I've seen Ryan. I read in the newspaper before the match about this young kid coming over from Dundee United who was supposed to be the new Messi. And, from what I saw yesterday, you can see he has quality. He scored a fantastic goal. He was one of their best players on the day. I was surprised when I heard Sporting had signed this young guy Gauld from Scotland because it is not normal for that to happen. Now I hear they may be looking at another player from Dundee United. If they are doing that, it is because they think they have the quality to improve and one day play for Sporting A." <_<

Right so let me get his right, Aguiar thinks Gauld has to improve more (but doesn't say what exactly, Gauld has to improve upon), admits he doesn't watch a lot of Segunda Liga games and that this was the first time he'd seen Gauld in action. Then he backtracks - claims Gauld is talented, was one of the best players on the park for the game just by and that Gauld (and possibly Armstrong) could play for Lisbon one day. ^?^

Aguiar sounds bitter at the fact his career is now over and a young Scottish player (whom he probably has a poor opinion of from his time here, together with our league) is showing some promise out in Portugal. :wave:

Ryan Gauld naturally is far from the finished article and certainly isn't "the new Messi" or anything like that but to write him off like that is just ridiculous.

Yes, strange comments. It could be bitterness - Aguiar himself scored 2 goals in the same game and still lost - on the other hand, if his quote was the other way round it would make more sense.

He scored a fantastic goal. He was one of their best players on the day. [but] at this time he still has work to do