Scotland Players In Action - Page 177 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

18 minutes ago, norsefox said:

So the next time you watch Talbot or any other non-league team in Scotland you won't be writing any off as future Scotland stars? Perhaps you need to study them in detail for months before making a call?

His touch wasn't great, his movement was nothing special and he simply looked an average player in an average side playing another completely forgettable average side.

If Cairney can be judged to be making waves and knocking on the door of the full team... Then we have real problems.

No better than Cowie or a myriad of other journeyman-esq midfielders.

Your still judging him based on just one game earlier in the season. That's just daft. 

Or this because he's English born ?

Cairney is a good player. 

51 minutes ago, aaid said:

How many times have you seen him play then?

What a surprise. Once again aaid clogs up threads looking for yet another petty argument ........

As it happens I haven't seen him in person, I don't live in London or have the finances to go travelling around watching games. I am limited to having watched him multiple times on television this season and he's played well.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What a surprise. Once again aaid clogs up threads looking for yet another petty argument ........

As it happens I haven't seen him in person, I don't live in London or have the finances to go travelling around watching games. I am limited to having watched him multiple times on television this season and he's played well.

You're the argumentative one sunshine, as your arrogant dismissal of someone who's actually seen the guy play shows.

I'd take an opinion of someone who's seen a player play in the flesh for one game over someone who's only ever seen the guy on TV - most likely edited highlights - any time.

I'm sure you realise this but watching a game live gives you a much better appreciation of a player's strengths and weaknesses - especially work done off the ball.   It may be that Cairney had a bad game when Norsefox saw him play or it may be that he is just a n average player playing for an average team.

53 minutes ago, aaid said:

You're the argumentative one sunshine, as your arrogant dismissal of someone who's actually seen the guy play shows.

I'd take an opinion of someone who's seen a player play in the flesh for one game over someone who's only ever seen the guy on TV - most likely edited highlights - any time.

I'm sure you realise this but watching a game live gives you a much better appreciation of a player's strengths and weaknesses - especially work done off the ball.   It may be that Cairney had a bad game when Norsefox saw him play or it may be that he is just a n average player playing for an average team.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

15 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

I have seen Cairney play about 4 times over the last two years. He looked class 3 out of the 4 games. Will report back when Fulham visit BHA later on in the year. 

is Harper getting any playing time at Brighton?

17 hours ago, aaid said:

I agree with the vast majority of your post aaid, but the above comment is completely idiotic.

19 minutes ago, Marky said:

I agree with the vast majority of your post aaid, but the above comment is completely idiotic.

Fair comment, I was referring to the individual in question rather than the general case and I guess that never came across. 

2 hours ago, giblet said:

is Harper getting any playing time at Brighton?

Not first team, but playing fairly regularly for their U21's.

Seems to be slow progress after coming back from injury, though I think he scored in a 2-2 draw the other night there (think that is something like his 3rd or 4th goal in 15 games or something).

Bannan starts for Wednesday and Robertson starts for hull in tonight's game. 

Commentators were just saying they rate Robertson as one of the best left backs in the league just now and that he has been linked with a move to man utd. Also talking about how bannan is such an important part of the Sheffield team

14 minutes ago, hunchy said:

Bannan starts for Wednesday and Robertson starts for hull in tonight's game. 

Commentators were just saying they rate Robertson as one of the best left backs in the league just now and that he has been linked with a move to man utd. Also talking about how bannan is such an important part of the Sheffield team

Alos McGregor & Snodgrass starting for Hull with Maloney on the bench.

39 minutes ago, fringo said:

Alos McGregor & Snodgrass starting for Hull with Maloney on the bench.

Had just switched it over when they started talking about Robertson. Glad McGregor and snoddy getting a start as well. Hope Maloney gets on later and get a decent run out

13 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

Liam Palmer played for Wednesday too. Worth a call up for the friedlies?. Not been a regular all season but might be worth a punt.

He's not very good. I wish he was but he aint. Championship squad/back up player.

Liked the look of Palmer when he was in the U21's few years back, but he was more a central midfielder back then, but thing was he was built like a needle and felt he was far to light weight for international football.

Was moved to left back and caught a few games where I thought he could maybe be worth a look at, but think he broke his leg last season and has struggled to get back into the first team on a regular basis since then.

Murphy playing ok. Had one good chance, to be fair he has buried his last there like that. Leeds look shocking, a shadow of the side I saw play Boro. 

To be fair though Brighton are playing well.