Scotland Players In Action - Page 112 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the first half but Ritchie's playing a blinder right now.

Didn't do much first half but he, and Bournemouth, very good after HT. He seemed to have a bit of pace and a shot on him that hasn't been evident in his Scotland appearances to date. More performances like tonight's second half could see him start v Georgia.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

Didn't do much first half but he, and Bournemouth, very good after HT. He seemed to have a bit of pace and a shot on him that hasn't been evident in his Scotland appearances to date. More performances like tonight's second half could see him start v Georgia.

Regardless he shouldn't start in Georgia unless we have injuries based on previous games for us. Too big a game

Regardless he shouldn't start in Georgia unless we have injuries based on previous games for us. Too big a game

Are you meaning by previous games the game he scored the winner and got mom? Or the game he set up the winner? Or the game he played the through ball to win us the penalty. Can't have him doing sh!t like that in big games can we.

Are you meaning by previous games the game he scored the winner and got mom? Or the game he set up the winner? Or the game he played the through ball to win us the penalty. Can't have him doing sh!t like that in big games can we.

I should have said game, as in Ireland away, if Ritchie starts then Anya would likely miss out which I think would be a mistake.

He's a decent player, and we've probably not seen the best of him for us yet, I wasn't having a go and recognise he's did some good things for us in friendlies and the Gibraltar game.

So if he turned in performances like the 2nd half last night, maybe scored a goal, set up one or two in his next couple of league games then you still wouldn't start him because he had a poor 45 mins in a game in June, at the end of a long season, and which was 5 weeks after he had actually last played competitive football?

So if he turned in performances like the 2nd half last night, maybe scored a goal, set up one or two in his next couple of league games then you still wouldn't start him because he had a poor 45 mins in a game in June, at the end of a long season, and which was 5 weeks after he had actually last played competitive football?

And hes english and we ave good scottish talent that should play ahead of him

Thought he had a good second half last night.

Up until now he has been so-so.... steady debut, was unlucky to be hooked v Gibraltar as Strachan had got the tactics that wrong that day by flooding the midfield which left us exposed at the back, good performance against Qatar and then was the weak link in Dublin.....

He is a good player to have in the squad, as he is one of the few players in the squad who can actually cross the ball and deliver a corner kick..... at the moment he is only really getting into the first team due to Snodgrass being out, so once he is back I think there is going to be a lot of healthy competition for starting places in almost every position on the park (though could really use a few more central defenders.....)

Dalgety Bay TA, on 18 Aug 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

In your hypothetical scenario, i'd say Strachan would have a difficult decision to make. At present though, i think both Anya and Maloney have done enough for Scotland recently, to merit retaining their places.

Does seem a little silly when you put it this way but I'd rather Anya and Maloney start in Georgia.

In your hypothetical scenario, i'd say Strachan would have a difficult decision to make. At present though, i think both Anya and Maloney have done enough for Scotland recently, to merit retaining their places.

A difficult one but also a good one to have to make. Maloney certainly merits his starting place based on the current campaign. Anya is probably not as much of a stick on but he does have pace like no one else in our team and for that alone he is a very good option for a starting position.

Does seem a little silly when you put it this way but I'd rather Anya and Maloney start in Georgia.

I would probably agree with you but will see how the next couple of weeks go.

What I would say is I wouldn't be writing off Ritchie just yet. I don't think we have seen the best of him in his Scotland appearances to date. Last night showed he didn't look out of place in the Premier League. He also seemed to be far quicker than I have noticed in his Scotland games so far. And he has a hammer of a shot on him. He didn't produce in Dublin but not many did to be honest, the effects of a long hard season and an extended break since last competitive games seemed to affect a few players who are usually reliable in a Scotland top. It took a long long while for Maloney to actually get to the level he is at for us at present. He always had talent, he just never produced it consistently for us until this campaign. I would hope we see more from Ritchie before that number of games.

What I would say is I wouldn't be writing off Ritchie just yet. I don't think we have seen the best of him in his Scotland appearances to date. Last night showed he didn't look out of place in the Premier League. He also seemed to be far quicker than I have noticed in his Scotland games so far. And he has a hammer of a shot on him. He didn't produce in Dublin but not many did to be honest, the effects of a long hard season and an extended break since last competitive games seemed to affect a few players who are usually reliable in a Scotland top. It took a long long while for Maloney to actually get to the level he is at for us at present. He always had talent, he just never produced it consistently for us until this campaign. I would hope we see more from Ritchie before that number of games.

I agree, said something similar above

Dalgety Bay TA, on 18 Aug 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Like Maloney and Steven Fletcher? Gotcha :ok:

You're not a fool and are well aware of the difference between the 2 you mentioned and Ritchie. Stop being obtuse, just to try and score a daft point on the TAMB :lol:

You're not a fool and are well aware of the difference between the 2 you mentioned and Ritchie. Stop being obtuse, just to try and score a daft point on the TAMB :lol:

It was the OP that was trying to score a daft point.