Scotland Players In Action - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't argue that he's been well below par many times for us but deserves another chance under Strachan if he can maintain his club form. Like others I think WGS can get the best out him

Its a strange one, if he keeps performing in the EPL i agree with you to an extent that he deserves another chance, but it would have to be in friendly for me as we couldnt risk him waddling about in a real game. Perhaps he is like Rhodes in that he just doesnt fit in WGS's formation? I actually think Adam has some sort of main man complex and he needs to feel like the top dog in order to perform (i.e. St Mirren, Blackpool & now Stoke), whereas at Rangers and Liverpool where he played with better players, he just couldnt cut it. Same problem he has with Scotland perhaps.

Its a strange one, if he keeps performing in the EPL i agree with you to an extent that he deserves another chance, but it would have to be in friendly for me as we couldnt risk him waddling about in a real game. Perhaps he is like Rhodes in that he just doesnt fit in WGS's formation? I actually think Adam has some sort of main man complex and he needs to feel like the top dog in order to perform (i.e. St Mirren, Blackpool & now Stoke), whereas at Rangers and Liverpool where he played with better players, he just couldnt cut it. Same problem he has with Scotland perhaps.

He's been incredibly frustrating for us, never brought his club form.

You could argue that at both Liverpool and rangers he was played out of position but it's a fair point.

Just think other players have improved under WGS so maybe the same could happen for Adam but as you say only in a friendly or at a push off the bench in a qualifier.

Likely his last chance if he does get a call up

Far better options in that area.

Better? Maybe. Far better? Not a chance.

We'll suffer injuries, suspensions and loss of form to players that are currently ahead of him.

In not sure we have players that can turn a game from nothing like Adam has the potential to.

Hard to disagree but majority of that was under Levein, hard pushed to find an outfield player who didn't under perform with him

I have to agree with this, I watched him playing for Stoke at the weekend and he played a very good game. Then again I don't think Adams playing style would suit WGS playing style personally.

Dorrans has been outstanding in this first half, pass that led to the goal was exquisite. Looking bran new! Playing on the right could be an option for us if he keeps this up. Also morrison looking back to his best, hope they keep it up in the second half.

I thought the big thing missing in our last two games was delivery at set pieces. Adam for Maloney is pretty well a no brainer for me.

After Maloneys performances in the recent matches, anyone who would drop him is the no brainer.

Dorrans and Morrison were great for West Brom tonight I thought. Would really like to see them paired together for Scotland at some point.

Not convinced by Charlie Adam at international level and I don't think Strachan is either. Too often Adam's been guilty of making stupid tackles and giving away fouls in dangerous positions. He seems completely incapable of making a short pass to a teammate and his concentration is awful. Hated Levein's tactic of getting Adam to just blindly boot the ball forward as hard as he could, hoping for the best.