Scotland Players In Action - Page 154 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis McLeod must have a number thirteen charm around his neck, walk under ladders and chase to black cats.

At Brentford nearly one full year now and not a single first team appearance owing to a succession of injuries.

People were going nuts over him this time last year.

He was never good enough when fit. Vastly over hyped.

Hutton is a bombscare.

He should not be part of the future.

As I said before, although they both aren't by any means great players. Trying out Paterson or Palmer at right back is better than doing nothing about it and continuing with a mediocre, long past his best Alan Hutton.

As I said before, although they both aren't by any means great players. Trying out Paterson or Palmer at right back is better than doing nothing about it and continuing with a mediocre, long past his best Alan Hutton.

Maybe.

Or maybe Strachan has been watching both Paterson and Palmer and thinks they're nowhere near ready for a call up.

Maybe.

Or maybe Strachan has been watching both Paterson and Palmer and thinks they're nowhere near ready for a call up.

Probably more to do with Palmer struggling to get a game for Sheff Wed. Can you imagine Palmer starting against England? Jesus wept.

I used to get stick for touting Ross Wallace for a call-up, in the days when we was at his peak. That same Ross Wallace (who is now past his best) has played nearly 3 times as many times for Sheff Wed as Palmer has. Palmer is not an option. He is nowhere near as good as Hutton is.

I can see the merit in Paterson getting called up and involved with the squad but Hutton is still a better option at the moment.

Probably more to do with Palmer struggling to get a game for Sheff Wed. Can you imagine Palmer starting against England? Jesus wept.

I used to get stick for touting Ross Wallace for a call-up, in the days when we was at his peak. That same Ross Wallace (who is now past his best) has played nearly 3 times as many times for Sheff Wed as Palmer has. Palmer is not an option. He is nowhere near as good as Hutton is.

I can see the merit in Paterson getting called up and involved with the squad but Hutton is still a better option at the moment.

Sadly. Surely we must have another option.

Hutton awful on MOTD. I'm starting to wonder if we should put Martin there and have Hanley and Mulgrew at centre half. Tierney looks like he could go straight in at left back, although I thought Wallace looked good against Hibs. Edited by er yir macaroon

Sadly. Surely we must have another option.

If there is, I'm not sure who he is. Bardsley can't get a game for Stoke. Whittaker is no better than Hutton. There isn't an outstanding young right-back available to us. There aren't many decent ones.

Paul Caddis at Birmingham? I'm not sure he's good enough.

Hutton awful on MOTD. I'm starting to wonder if we should put Martin there and have Hanley and Mulgrew at centre half. Tierney looks like he could go straight in at left back, although I thought Wallace looked good against Hibs.

Hutton does look poor on MOTD but he is playing for the worst team in the league. Also try and think how bad players like Palmer would look if they were playing instead of HUtton.

I'd move Martin to right-back if we had any other decent centre-backs. Hanley and Mulgrew could work but what happens if one of those is unavailable for any reason? For that reason, I think we need to keep Martin where he is.

Personally, if we want to drop Hutton, we have two options. Anya and Ryan Jack. I think I'd be tempted to try Ryan Jack at right-back. He did well for the youth teams there but obviously Aberdeen play him in midfield. Anya could do a job there and with him at right-back, the right-winger (Snodgrass or Forrest) would have good support. I don't rate Anya as a midfielder but I do like his pace and work-rate. Full-back could suit him.

Edited by PASTA Mick

If there is, I'm not sure who he is. Bardsley can't get a game for Stoke. Whittaker is no better than Hutton. There isn't an outstanding young right-back available to us. There aren't many decent ones.

Paul Caddis at Birmingham? I'm not sure he's good enough.

Hutton does look poor on MOTD but he is playing for the worst team in the league. Also try and think how bad players like Palmer would look if they were playing instead of HUtton.

I'd move Martin to right-back if we had any other decent centre-backs. Hanley and Mulgrew could work but what happens if one of those is unavailable for any reason? For that reason, I think we need to keep Martin where he is.

Personally, if we want to drop Hutton, we have two options. Anya and Ryan Jack. I think I'd be tempted to try Ryan Jack at right-back. He did well for the youth teams there but obviously Aberdeen play him in midfield. Anya could do a job there and with him at right-back, the right-winger (Snodgrass or Forrest) would have good support. I don't rate Anya as a midfielder but I do like his pace and work-rate. Full-back could suit him.

If we had defended better in the last campaign we would have qualified. Anya as a full back would be great to watch but it would cost us goals, especially at set pieces as we don't have much height middle to front to compensate.

Palmer has been getting games this season for Wednesday.

Hutton is finished and should be ditched. Likewise Adam, Forrest, Brown and Mulgrew. All utter pish.

Paul Caddis plays right wing now for Birmingham, he was an awful right back.

Palmer has been getting games this season for Wednesday.

Hutton is finished and should be ditched. Likewise Adam, Forrest, Brown and Mulgrew. All utter pish.

Paul Caddis plays right wing now for Birmingham, he was an awful right back.

Have you actually seen Palmer play this season ? or you hatred for Hutton clouding u judgment. I'm all for for playing someone better, if there was someone standing out but there isn't.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-palmer/leistungsdaten/spieler/137149

btw Palmer is not even a regular starter going by this.

Have you actually seen Palmer play this season ? or you hatred for Hutton clouding u judgment. I'm all for for playing someone better, if there was someone standing out but there isn't.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-palmer/leistungsdaten/spieler/137149

btw Palmer is not even a regular starter going by this.

No but if you had bothered to read my post previously, which you obviously hadn't, you would know that I'm advocating trying out Paterson or Palmer because it's better than doing nothing about an ever growing problem. Palmer has had injury problems which have kept him out of some games.

Also, I have never pretended that they are any great shakes as players. They have to be tried out as an alternative to Hutton who has had it.

I don't hate Hutton, he's been a very good player for us in years gone by. The last eighteen months though he has been terrible. Hutton is finished and harking back to good games he played for us ages ago won't do us any good. It's time to go.

No sentimental pish from me, unlike some others.

However too many posters just don't want to see their rapidly declining old favourites (Hutton, Brown, Adam etc) get dropped and are hostile to the idea of a young players coming in and taking their place.

Dont agree but neither do I think he should be an automatic choice as he clearly doesn't fit into Strachan's system and plans. All for trying different options when can but there is know way Strachan will ditch experienced players when the aim is to get to a playoff at least.

I agree I think there are better options at right back than Hutton, the issue is our best option at right back just happens to be our best centre half.

No but if you had bothered to read my post previously, which you obviously hadn't, you would know that I'm advocating trying out Paterson or Palmer because it's better than doing nothing about an ever growing problem. Palmer has had injury problems which have kept him out of some games.

Also, I have never pretended that they are any great shakes as players. They have to be tried out as an alternative to Hutton who has had it.

I don't hate Hutton, he's been a very good player for us in years gone by. The last eighteen months though he has been terrible. Hutton is finished and harking back to good games he played for us ages ago won't do us any good. It's time to go.

No sentimental pish from me, unlike some others.

However too many posters just don't want to see their rapidly declining old favourites (Hutton, Brown, Adam etc) get dropped and are hostile to the idea of a young players coming in and taking their place.

Fair enough I was not having a go at you, Just my reading on here that some people think by throwing all thesis players on the scrapheap and replacing them with players who IMO are not ready, We suddenly going to get better. Players like thesis need to earn there place in the squads by playing well and proving there a better option to start.