Scotland Players In Action - Page 153 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Desperate times;

Very average championship level player at a poor club who has consistently disappointed in the past for us in being touted as a shining light.

I don't think i've ever felt as negatively about a Scotland set up before.... :shocked:

I can't recall any games when Bannan has disappointed in a Scotland strip.

Was our best midfielder when he was on in the first half in Dortmund. Was more effective than Anya when he come on against Gibraltar at Hampden.

Can you tell me a time when he's been disappointing for Scotland?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall any games when Bannan has disappointed in a Scotland strip.

Was our best midfielder when he was on in the first half in Dortmund. Was more effective than Anya when he come on against Gibraltar at Hampden.

Can you tell me a time when he's been disappointing for Scotland?

Every other game barring those which you have listed above. And Gibraltar doesn't count.

Can't understand the love for him in here, same as those who support Forrest.

We are also terrible for backing players who had one good game 2 years ago.

Scott Brown has been very poor for more than a year in the national team kit yet still is an automatic pick.

Form seems to count for nothing, players then go off the boil and receive a call up long after their form has dried up. It's baffling.

From the BBC Gossip, Scotland manager Gordon Strachan is keeping tabs on uncapped Leeds duo Liam Cooper and Alex Mowatt. (Daily Record)

Alex Mowatt!? The guy who already turned us down, is an average championship player - Often on the bench at Leeds and wants to play for England anyway.

Liam Cooper - 100% get him in. Young centre back who committed to us at 17 and is arguably the most promising younger (he is about 23 so not young) player we have in the CB position

Every other game barring those which you have listed above. And Gibraltar doesn't count.

Scott Brown has been very poor for more than a year in the national team kit yet still is an automatic pick.

Form seems to count for nothing, players then go off the boil and receive a call up long after their form has dried up. It's baffling.

Youre football knowledge is outstanding

The reason you can't name ANY Scotland games where Bannan has disappointed is because the performances in those 20 games far excelled his club form. It's also the reason he's popular with sections of the Scotland support.

You can criticise him for a lot of things - failing to establish himself with an EPL or for being a daftie off the pitch - but when he's played for Scotland he's performed.

And Gibraltar does count - Anya was toiling in that match and struggling to make an impact. Bannan came on for him, persistently went past players and put in some dangerous crosses and passes.

I take your point on Forrest however, club loyalties could be contributing to the hype he gets, or the fact he plays in Scotland so folk are more familiar with him. I'm not alone in thinking that Brown played the second half of that campaign with an injury and that Strachan reckons Brown on 70% is better than any of the replacements available to him.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Alex Mowatt!? The guy who already turned us down, is an average championship player - Often on the bench at Leeds and wants to play for England anyway.

Liam Cooper - 100% get him in. Young centre back who committed to us at 17 and is arguably the most promising younger (he is about 23 so not young) player we have in the CB position

A promising CB, I can't even remember what that is, haha

You are clearly of the belief that just repeating an opinion over and over without substantiating it is the best way to debate on here. Someone that is best avoided I conclude.

I think with bannon he suffered from a loss of confidence due to his club form. He has certainly given it his all for us but not always managed to make it effective. Now with his confidence high due to his club form I do think he has found a new lease of life and would do well for us

Lewis McLeod must have a number thirteen charm around his neck, walk under ladders and chase to black cats.

At Brentford nearly one full year now and not a single first team appearance owing to a succession of injuries.

People were going nuts over him this time last year.