Scotland Players In Action - Page 102 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Robertson is fit he must play.The Anya Robertson combination is one of our best attacking options.

I think that would be a bit foolhardy away from home.

If Robertson is fit he must play.The Anya Robertson combination is one of our best attacking options.

It may be but it is too open for a game that a draw would not be disasterous for us but would be a dagger in the guts of Irish hopes. I can certainly see us starting with Whittaker and Hutton as our full-backs.

If we were really struggling then big McManus has shown he is a big game player, albeit up against not a lot. He was outstanding over two legs against rangers, playing alongside Lang, who is an utter bomb scare. Would be far more comfortable with him than a few who are there or thereabouts the squad. Progressive definitely not but a safe pair of hands if required.

I remember McManus getting some stick from some quarters, but I was another who liked him. He would reliably get his head to things at a time that we were often ponderous and unsure in defense, letting the ball bounce in the area etc. He's only 32, so not dead yet. I'm probably more confident in him than Reynolds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...