Scotland Players In Action - Page 105 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LewisEDI, on 29 Jul 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

ohh how rich

ryan jack

ryan jack

ryan jack

thrash, thrash, thrash

Ryan Jack is approximately 7000 time better than Scott Allan. Hence why Ryan Jack will captain his side in the Europa League tomorrow, while Allan's last game he was a sub in the Petrofac Training Cup.

Ryan Jack is approximately 7000 time better than Scott Allan.

hahah dream on, it's a shame that aberdeen have a track record of producing the square root of badger all for scotland in the last god knows how many years, lets round it up to about 2 decades. All signs point to Ryan Jack ending up the next Darren Young.

Edited by LewisEDI

LewisEDI, on 29 Jul 2015 - 4:00 PM, said:

All signs point to Ryan Jack ending up the next Darren Young.

You've summed up your knowledge, or lack thereof, of fitba' there. :lol:

Aberdeen do have a pathetic record of producing Scotland players over past 15-20 years to be fair given the size of the club.

the last regular player that was produced at aberdeen was probably a 78 year old jim leighton

Edited by LewisEDI

As this thread seems in danger of being overcome with nonsense, I wil get it back on track.

Shinnie - I thought he was good before he arrived at Aberdeen. I've now seen him 4 times. He is outstanding. Quick, aggressive, great on the ball, decent in the air, superb engine, blah, blah.....

I think he should be pushing Robertson really hard for the left back sport. (Just to clarify, I wouldn't have Forsyth anywhere near the starying 11).

Agree with PastaMick on Ryan Jack. He plays in the wrong position - it's the one place we seem to have talent in number.

As this thread seems in danger of being overcome with nonsense, I wil get it back on track.

Shinnie - I thought he was good before he arrived at Aberdeen. I've now seen him 4 times. He is outstanding. Quick, aggressive, great on the ball, decent in the air, superb engine, blah, blah.....

I think he should be pushing Robertson really hard for the left back sport. (Just to clarify, I wouldn't have Forsyth anywhere near the starying 11).

Agree with PastaMick on Ryan Jack. He plays in the wrong position - it's the one place we seem to have talent in number.

Shinnie is good player, i would expect him to get in the squad for the WC qualifiers. Forsyth is gash.

Don't agree with this "wrong position" talk, aberdonian spin. There is much more competition in the attacking midfield positions. Mcarthur is average, fletcher is finished at international level and mulgrew isnt a long term option and there isn't exactly a lot of up and coming youngsters that play defensive mid. in the advanced midfield positions there is snodgrass, maloney, GMS, anya, armstrong, naismith bannan, FORREST etc with gauld, allan and christie hopefully developing into international players.

Edited by LewisEDI

Shinnie is good player, i would expect him to get in the squad for the WC qualifiers. Forsyth is gash.

Don't agree with this "wrong position" talk, aberdonian spin. There is much more competition in the attacking midfield positions. Mcarthur is average, fletcher is finished at international level and mulgrew isnt a long term option and there isn't exactly a lot of up and coming youngsters that play defensive mid. in the advanced midfield positions there is snodgrass, maloney, GMS, anya, armstrong, naismith bannan, FORREST etc with gauld and christie hopefully developing into international players.

To date, WGS has selected (or, in my opinion, would select) any two from Cairney, Bridcutt, MacArthur, Morrison, Fletcher, Brown or Mulgrew for the two holding midfield roles ahead of Jack. Accordingly, up until now - Jack hasn't had a look in because we have strength in that area. I tend to agree with you as regards Macarthur. Not sure Flectcher is anywhere near finished and Mulgrew always does well in that role (with the added bonus of it keeping him away form the back 4). This is a big season for Jack. He is captaining the Dons who have the potential to do well. He may make the international breakthrough soon.

As regards the attacking midfield role - the moment you mentioned Forrest, I stopped reading!

To date, WGS has selected (or, in my opinion, would select) any two from Cairney, Bridcutt, MacArthur, Morrison, Fletcher, Brown or Mulgrew for the two holding midfield roles ahead of Jack. Accordingly, up until now - Jack hasn't had a look in because we have strength in that area. I tend to agree with you as regards Macarthur. Not sure Flectcher is anywhere near finished and Mulgrew always does well in that role (with the added bonus of it keeping him away form the back 4). This is a big season for Jack. He is captaining the Dons who have the potential to do well. He may make the international breakthrough soon.

As regards the attacking midfield role - the moment you mentioned Forrest, I stopped reading!

yes, forrest was tongue in cheek. forgot about morrison. i've got nothing against jack when i have seen him he has looked good in center mid (shite at right back) here's hoping he kicks on and becomes an international player.