Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 423 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I know. 

Have we not had one of those.

Can anyone really be bothered anymore?

No.

And yes thankfully. If not there's not much point in the game. 

Don't know why this is in the rangers thread tbh - it's not about them it's about the incompetent f@cjers running our game.

20 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

No.

And yes thankfully. If not there's not much point in the game. 

Don't know why this is in the rangers thread tbh - it's not about them it's about the incompetent f@cjers running our game.

Are you not a bit bored with it all.

What does any retrospective action really matter, it's done, they enjoyed it at the time, we didn't, but now know it was success built on lies...

"Theyve been punished enough"

:lol:

All for an independent review.  

Hopefully brings to light the 5 way agreement and where the millions in prize money and transfer went.  I'm sensing Petrie and Milne may looking after finances more, unless there's hee haw in it or being hid and they know it's a waste of time? 

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Easy to sort all of this. Agree to an independent review. Put it all to bed once and for all. Piss easy - why not?

That's the point though Shed. Celtic aren't calling for a review, they are calling for a judicial review. Big difference. There should be no opposition to a review, there will be lots to a judicial review. Celtic want punishment, not changes in the game. 

If we go along that route, let's get everything out in the open once and for all. The whole shebang. Every club 'reviewed', warts n all. 

Put it all to bed once and for all. 

Edited by BlueGaz

9 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

That's the point though Shed. Celtic aren't calling for a review, they are calling for a judicial review. Big difference. There should be no opposition to a review, there will be lots to a judicial review. Celtic want punishment, not changes in the game. 

If we go along that route, let's get everything out in the open once and for all. The whole shebang. Every club 'reviewed', warts n all. 

In a nutshell.  

We both know this won't stop until they get what they want.  After Aberdeenand Hibs statements, contradicting Doncaster - position is now surely untenable?

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

What does any retrospective action really matter, it's done, they enjoyed it at the time, we didn't, but now know it was success built on lies...

Tbf yeh I am getting pretty bored with it. Constant claims by the "moon howlers" about what is supposed to have happened and yet no transparency/proof from the sfa that it didn't. 

However if only half of what has been claimed has gone on, then the sfa are a disgrace and regan and his cronies should walk, and it does warrant a review. If nothing is shown to have been out of order then fine - put it to bed and let's get on with it.

However there is enough there to have persuaded Lawell to call for it - and it will be embarrassing for him if there's nothing there. 

But if we just move on then what's the point? If any of the serious allegations are true then we may as well be watching WWE. 

're retrospective action - do you mean the sfa? If any of its true then sack the f@ckers.

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I wish there was the same appetite for a review of the SFA into why we have not had a world class player in over 30 years ...

Agreed.

9 hours ago, Debian said:

All for an independent review.  

Hopefully brings to light the 5 way agreement and where the millions in prize money and transfer went.  I'm sensing Petrie and Milne may looking after finances more, unless there's hee haw in it or being hid and they know it's a waste of time? 

Yes hope so.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Mitre said:

:lol::lol::lol:

aye right

If you mean title stripping, the review is off the sfa not rangers. If it uncovers stuff then that should be dealt with. 

For what it's worth I have come to the conclusion I don't really give a toss about title stripping - will not change anything  and will never affect my clubs 1 title win so who cares.

12 hours ago, macy37 said:

Can anyone answer why Celtic appear to be the only club looking for this to happen? 

A lot of fans of different clubs do yet as far as I can see no clubs bar Celtic are pushing for this despite the fans in general pushing for it to happen.

Scottisf football has a lot to hide possibly? Not just the governing body...

As they know fcuk all will happen.

Only reason Celtic are pursuing it is one-upmanship against Rangers. Statements about them doing so for the benefit of Scottish football are bollocks. When have Celtic (or Rangers) cared about the other clubs before? They'd leave in an instant if they thought they'd get accepted down south.

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It's not about Rangers. I don't give a feck if they lose titles or not. I know they've been won by cheating. Their fans will never accept it if the titles are removed anyway. So really, other than the record books, what difference does it make? 

To me, it is about understanding why what happened occurred, how it was allowed to, what were the failings, who was to blame and how can we stop it happening again? 

Sounds good to me. :ok: 

23 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

For what it's worth I have come to the conclusion I don't really give a toss about title stripping - will not change anything  and will never affect my clubs 1 title win so who cares.

It is a shame we are where we are with the title stripping side of things - but you are correct.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only reason Celtic are pursuing it is one-upmanship against Rangers. Statements about them doing so for the benefit of Scottish football are bollocks. When have Celtic (or Rangers) cared about the other clubs before? They'd leave in an instant if they thought they'd get accepted down south.

I agree.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not about Rangers. I don't give a feck if they lose titles or not. I know they've been won by cheating. Their fans will never accept it if the titles are removed anyway. So really, other than the record books, what difference does it make? 

To me, it is about understanding why what happened occurred, how it was allowed to, what were the failings, who was to blame and how can we stop it happening again? 

Sounds good to me. :ok: 

I agree with you, but think the Celtic statement is totally about Rangers.  I would go along with your para 2 though.  I actually think thats important, but it won't show full transparency as is mentioned in the letters, only transparency on the last few years.

28 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

If you mean title stripping, the review is off the sfa not rangers. If it uncovers stuff then that should be dealt with. 

Do you think the published letter conversation that mentions judicial review and the potential of punishment if necessary, as aimed against the SFA?  I read it as aimed against Rangers, but could be my blue tinted glasses reading that.  

8 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Do you think the published letter conversation that mentions judicial review and the potential of punishment if necessary, as aimed against the SFA?  I read it as aimed against Rangers, but could be my blue tinted glasses reading that.  

But if there really was nothing untoward that went on then rangers titles are safe surely? Why are so many rangers fans against an investigation of the sfas actions? 

38 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

But if there really was nothing untoward that went on then rangers titles are safe surely? Why are so many rangers fans against an investigation of the sfas actions? 

I don't think they are against an investigation of the SFA, I think they are against a judicial review of Rangers.  

The SFA should never have seen, Whyte, Green nor King pass any fit and proper person test and Ashley wasn't eligible due to his interest in Newcastle.

The SFA shat it to step in on any of these four seperate changes of owners. Presumably fearing the backlash from the fans?

The whole thing has been a shambles, with them making up the rules as they go along.

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The SFA should never have seen, Whyte, Green nor King pass any fit and proper person test and Ashley wasn't eligible due to his interest in Newcastle.

The SFA shat it to step in on any of these four seperate changes of owners. Presumably fearing the backlash from the fans?

The whole thing has been a shambles, with them making up the rules as they go along.

Your Last sentence is the important one. They didn't have rules to cover these sorts of things so were forced to make them up as they went along. 

I don't believe they are corrupt but I do believe they are incompetent. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Your Last sentence is the important one. They didn't have rules to cover these sorts of things so were forced to make them up as they went along. 

I don't believe they are corrupt but I do believe they are incompetent. 

That's why Motherwell got off with going into admin so lightly. We were the 1st and they didn't have a rule for it.

13 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I'm not quite sure I understand this new angle that Rangers fans seem to be taking about having every club reviewed? What are you proposing other clubs are reviewed for?