A Touch Breezy Out There - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Touch Breezy Out There

Sounds mad in borrheid. Just about to leave for a shift at the airport car park. Canny see many flights still going on time. The joys of outdoor work. If I get blown (by the wind ya dirty bastards) far from home I hope one of you kind folk will save me.

Sounds mad in borrheid. Just about to leave for a shift at the airport car park. Canny see many flights still going on time. The joys of outdoor work. If I get blown (by the wind ya dirty bastards) far from home I hope one of you kind folk will save me.

Fcuk sake , if ah knew ye worked at airport I would have let you look after my car for 2 weeks, and for a few pennies

My flagpole displaying my Yes saltire is waving about all over the place this morning. It's made from plastic pipe, which is quite flexible but so far it has stood up quite well to the battering it's getting from the wind. A metaphor for our times.

Woke up at 1.30am with our bedroom window blowing open. Totally shat myself as did my gf but the baby slept right through it. Then it jammed open. Had to move us all down stairs. Power then went off at 2am and is still off. We have heard that it should be back on by Sunday!!

On the positive side I got the day off work as school was shut!

Woke up at 1.30am with our bedroom window blowing open. Totally shat myself as did my gf but the baby slept right through it. Then it jammed open. Had to move us all down stairs. Power then went off at 2am and is still off. We have heard that it should be back on by Sunday!!

Am I the only one who got 'Bedroom,' 'Blowing,' and 'Shat Myself' from that? :shocked:

Apologies Iain - Hope all is okay mucker! :ok:

Similar thing happened to me the other night. Heard this almighty noise, curtains flying in the room and window wide open. Then the phuqqing handle fell off, so I had to sit up all night holding a window wi 20 Regal King Size as company.

Good comment on the BBC news website. They guy asked why it was only an amber warning up in Scotland when there was a red alert in England last year for winds reaching 100 mph

He obviously hadn't heard 'the news where you are':

"Extreme weather is news. However, weather that is more extreme where you are than where we are is not news. Weather that is extreme where we are is news, even if extreme weather where we are is only average weather where you are.

On average, weather where you are is more extreme than weather where we are.

Tough shit."