England Match Thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Match Thread

1320lichtie

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with regards to Martin is we need an alternative to Fletcher up front and ironically it's easier to find strikers who can play in a pair compared to someone playing on their own up top.

We need a dangerous striker full stop, not been impressed with fletcher at all of late. Too many times he's tried being "fancy" rather than sticking to the easy thing, that miss on Friday was a sitter IMO. Must do better.

We need a dangerous striker full stop, not been impressed with fletcher at all of late. Too many times he's tried being "fancy" rather than sticking to the easy thing, that miss on Friday was a sitter IMO. Must do better.

The drop in quality when Fletcher went off and Martin came on was huge.

Fletcher's hold up and link up play is first class. He allows our attacking players to get up the pitch and threaten the opposition. He's our best striker by an absolute fecking mile. I don't give a feck if he's not scoring, as it's his play that's giving others chances to do so.

Fletcher's hold up and link up play is first class. He allows our attacking players to get up the pitch and threaten the opposition. He's our best striker by an absolute fecking mile. I don't give a feck if he's not scoring, as it's his play that's giving others chances to do so.

Yeah we look a far better team when he is up top, the difference when he went off in Warsaw and again on Friday night was obvious.

I'd like to see Gordon and D Fletcher get a run out, plus any young guys like May that haven't yet kicked a ball for Scotland.

Personally couldn't give a flying one about the result in this game, must be a first time ever, probably feel differently about it by half time.

Ach feck it, who am I kidding. Looking at the team sheets, just wish there were three Scotland players called Get, Intae, and Them!

As much as I want to see some of the fringe players getting game time, I also badly want a victory.

Remember, friendlies count towards the co-efficient and beating a team higher in the rankings than us will give us a very welcome boost. I think the WC draw is as early as June/July next year, so this game could have a significant bearing on what pot we are in.

I'd start with the same team as Ireland, where possible.

Edited by Tartan blood

Exactly, though he could do with a goal or two soon. Arguably our best player and I'm convinced he'll make a difference as our campaign moves towards the finishing line.

Since they play a diamond formation, Naismith behind the striker is essential as he'll pester their deep lying midfielder, Wilshere (?) the whole match. Then Broony getting stuck into the tip of the midfield diamond, Barkely or Sterling (?) will be fun to watch, not that I'm even watching it as I'm going to a gig...

I completely agree with this, I don't think people are giving Fletcher his dues

Since they play a diamond formation, Naismith behind the striker is essential as he'll pester their deep lying midfielder, Wilshere (?) the whole match. Then Broony getting stuck into the tip of the midfield diamond, Barkely or Sterling (?) will be fun to watch, not that I'm even watching it as I'm going to a gig...

Just a thought: could we play a diamond formation? Would allow us to play 2 up front which many on here want, so Rhodes and McCormack could come in for example? As I say, just a thought...

Agree.

To be honest I would sooner see us experiment. If we win we know we won't get the credit if we have full side out as we will hear the usual push that it means more to us. Stick Craig Gordon in goal, perhaps Greer in place of Hanley, Russell in for Maloney and May in for Fletcher. A loss and we can hold our heads up in the knowledge we were experimenting.

To be honest I would sooner see us experiment. If we win we know we won't get the credit if we have full side out as we will hear the usual push that it means more to us. Stick Craig Gordon in goal, perhaps Greer in place of Hanley, Russell in for Maloney and May in for Fletcher. A loss and we can hold our heads up in the knowledge we were experimenting.

NO WAY

This is our time, experiment NOTHING.

Lets take it to them, destroy them, and romp to victory

MNYN