England Match Thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Match Thread

1320lichtie

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon & Gilks to get a half each in goal I think.

It'll be subs galore throughout the game - like a friendly should be - but we've not got another important game until March so a strong team might go out to secure the win and continue the feel good.

I feel a bit sorry for Gilks. He regularly turns up and never has any chance of getting a game. Strachan, being the kind guy he is, will give him a half or the full game.

That being said, I would love to see Gordon get a full 90 minutes to make his comeback complete. An outstanding performance might just keep him between the sticks permanently.

I can see Chris Martin starting this game...unfortunately. I'd much prefer to see May or Russell

A lot off sales were depending on Fridays result I reckon. If we'd lost then it would've been a dampner off a day with folk on a downer, since we won though everyone's on a high and will be able to enjoy the whole day, that and there's a real chance we could give them a doing!!

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Bit harsh, Tartan Blood. Martin's been OK anytime I have seen him and has been banging in the goals for Derby County.

Certainly a cut above Craig Mackail-Smith.

It wasn't meant to be a dig at Martin. I meant that he has been given plenty of game time but Russell and May haven't. And I'd much rather see how they look at this level.

Martin had failed to impress anyone so far, so let's see how others get on.

Either way, I hope a lot of the committed guys that always turn up, but rarely play, get a game. E.g Dorrans

Edited by Tartan blood

It wasn't meant to be a dig at Martin. I meant that he has been given plenty of game time but Russell and May haven't. And I'd much rather see how they look at this level.

Martin had failed to impress anyone so far, so let's see how others get on.

Either way, I hope a lot of the committed guys that always turn up, but rarely play, get a game. E.g Dorrans

His playing time so far adds up to a grand total of about 100 minutes (half v Nigeria, injury time v Georgia, 20 v Poland and 35 v Ireland).

He's doing much better at the same level of football as Stevie May. Russell isn't the right type of player to play as a lone, hold the ball up striker. If anything it would make more sense to play both him and Martin, as that's what they do for Derby.