Idiots In Our End Last Night - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Idiots In Our End Last Night

andyg83

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies to anybody offended by my posts last night.

Alcohol filled after a long weekend celebrating.

Those comments were nasty and ill informed.

HOLD MY HANDS UP...

Except a ban from website if so deemed.

Comments welcome deserve a bit a crap...........................

This is my 1st comment on this thread. Have to say ScotsGary1 when I read your comments I was embarrassed that a fellow Scot was dishing out such insults towards the Irish, who, as others have mentioned on here, are of very similar nature to ourselves..... love their football, the booze and the banter. So yeah immediate thought was "a***hole". HOWEVER ..... fair play to you on your post today, it takes a certain kind of person to hold their hands up and apologise so you've went some way to making amends.

Personally I'm looking forward to going to Dublin next year and having a few beers with some Irish lads. The guys in green that I met before, during and after the game on Friday were top folk......... although Martin O'Neil was quite unpleasant when I said hi to him after the game, but given the result I'll forgive him for that!

I booed McGeady during the game, not for any other reasons other than that he turned his back on playing for Scotland and I rated him as Ireland's main danger man, so guessed that joining in with the majority and giving him a hard time might effect his game (which maybe it did!?). Apart from that don't have any strong feelings towards him and good luck to the guy in his career. I couldn't give a monkeys about relgion, politics and old firm rivalries etc etc.

Any Scots who were involved in throwing coins, or abuse towards Irish fans within our end are idiots in my book and are not representative of true Scottish support. It is quite hypocritical to have a go at Irish fans in our end when we are the worlds worst at getting home end tickets at away games! So we can't complain when we're on the receiving end!

At the end of the day 95%-99% of Scots/Irish are well behaved and get on with each other like house on fire. Sadly 1%-5% of Scots/Irish can behave like morons, usually with too many bevvies. Nice to think that the majority of both sides fans can self police unsavoury behaviour and stamp it out most of the time, because theres no place for it and I hope that any Scots whose behaviour let the TA down on Friday night, do not come back to future games!

Edited by Maradona10

Stewart Regan put out a self-congratulatory tweet yesterday saying there was no trouble at game and never was going to be. I think there was nothing serious only because we won - if Ireland had scored it could easily have kicked off judging by the posts on here. And the blame would lie squarely at the feet of the SFA for not making a common sense decision and giving the Irish a larger away allocation.

Stewart Regan put out a self-congratulatory tweet yesterday saying there was no trouble at game and never was going to be. I think there was nothing serious only because we won - if Ireland had scored it could easily have kicked off judging by the posts on here. And the blame would lie squarely at the feet of the SFA for not making a common sense decision and giving the Irish a larger away allocation.

My mate was at the game and said he would have been pissed off if Ireland scored and having to watch them celebrate in and around him. I thought of us in Paris but said it's because we care more and being pissed off is okay. But what does it say about some of us that it might have resulted in violence?

This game was different - there was the McGeady/McCarthy issue, the obvious connection with Celtic and Ireland, knowing so many of each others players, the importance of the game, even sharing the same language, there was always a higher than usual chance of bother. Still can't believe SFAs handling of this, probably worse than their ticket pricing policy.

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

The tartan army as a collective of supporters who attend and travel to games in large numbers are generally well behaved.we are being very harsh on ourselves.every team has an element of eejits.it is apparent around every large club game I have attended.the trouble is in Scotland the club games are so poorly attended that it isn't so apparent any more.derbies in Scotland with the exception of the old firm are generally pretty soulless.everyone forgets what football is like.the danger is everything become too politically correct.

Edited by allyc

This game was different - there was the McGeady/McCarthy issue, the obvious connection with Celtic and Ireland, knowing so many of each others players, the importance of the game, even sharing the same language, there was always a higher than usual chance of bother. Still can't believe SFAs handling of this, probably worse than their ticket pricing policy.

This nails it for me.

The SFA got damn lucky. They were one Ireland goal away from having some serious questions to answer.

Not to mention a major disturbance.

Just reading through our forum about the abuse/coins thrown/threats our fans received in the home end. Seems to be a lot more than just one or two incidents which is unfortunate.

Our fans did say though that a lot of Scots were apologising for their behaviour plus there was no hassle outside the stadium which is good to hear.

Our FAI's bollockacting over the ticket allocation created those conditions for Irish fans that really shouldn't have had to be in the home end, especially with a derby game like that with high tension along with the McGeady/McCarthy dynamic thrown in.

I'd imagine a a lot of these arsholes wouldn't go to the Scotland away games or the rest of you wouldn't tolerate them acting the bollocks especially when they're wearing the jersey and representing Scotland. With ourselves the worst you'll really get is people getting paraletic drunk at aways but they're more danger to them selves than anyone else really.

Just reading through our forum about the abuse/coins thrown/threats our fans received in the home end. Seems to be a lot more than just one or two incidents which is unfortunate.

Our fans did say though that a lot of Scots were apologising for their behaviour plus there was no hassle outside the stadium which is good to hear.

Our FAI's bollockacting over the ticket allocation created those conditions for Irish fans that really shouldn't have had to be in the home end, especially with a derby game like that with high tension along with the McGeady/McCarthy dynamic thrown in.

I'd imagine a a lot of these arsholes wouldn't go to the Scotland away games or the rest of you wouldn't tolerate them acting the bollocks especially when they're wearing the jersey and representing Scotland. With ourselves the worst you'll really get is people getting paraletic drunk at aways but they're more danger to them selves than anyone else really.

That's normally our position too.

I'll be using bollockacting.

I'd imagine a a lot of these arsholes wouldn't go to the Scotland away games or the rest of you wouldn't tolerate them acting the bollocks especially when they're wearing the jersey and representing Scotland.

The majority of them probably don't go to Scotland home games either. This fixture was always going to attract the knuckle draggers unfortunately.

We never chant IRA in our support home or away so anyone doing that is definitely not a regular Irish supporter. I met these Croatian fans at the euros and they started singing "Go on home British soldiers" thinking I'd find it funny. I had to tell them to stop and ended up apologising to an older group of Irish fans who were disgusted and thought I was telling them to sing it. The Croatian lads obviously met some Irish armchair ra head who told them we sing this.

Like yereselves we won't tolerate our fans acting the maggot abroad.

He was also lucky to remain on the pitch, seemed flustered by the crowd, misplaced numerous passes, fluffed crosses and corners and was dispossessed time and again. As I said, he's shit.

Frankly, he was a brave man to even come on to the pitch.

But he still provoked Marshall's most challenging save of the evening.

Just imagine what the repercussions would have been had he scored.

Darryl ####wit would have had to work overtime for the first time since dipping Michelle.

We never chant IRA in our support home or away so anyone doing that is definitely not a regular Irish supporter. I met these Croatian fans at the euros and they started singing "Go on home British soldiers" thinking I'd find it funny. I had to tell them to stop and ended up apologising to an older group of Irish fans who were disgusted and thought I was telling them to sing it. The Croatian lads obviously met some Irish armchair ra head who told them we sing this.

Like yereselves we won't tolerate our fans acting the maggot abroad.

I would imagine that those partaking in IRA chants would have been "Irish" of the Coatbridge or Cleland variety.