Idiots In Our End Last Night - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Idiots In Our End Last Night

andyg83

I was in section 437 in the Jock Stein Upper and there was a section of about 150 Ireland fans in front of us and prior to the game starting the atmosphere was really good between everyone. But then right on kick off an Irish fan walked in to his seat and started sticking the fingers up and shouting off to all the Scotland fans behind him. It was bizarre. A few Scotland fans went to have a go at him and we're held back by their pals and irish fans were telling the boy to stop but he kept it going. After that I felt a real tension for the whole first half. i saw two coins thrown, one from each set of supporters. Disgusting behaviour on both their parts as there were a lot of kids in amongst it all. The irish guy seemed to realise it could turn nasty and started to backtrack and apologise but the damage was done. He was wearing a white top and he eventually left about half an hour in. I noticed he sneaked back in about 20 minutes later with a green top and a hoody on but I think his disguise worked and I certainly didn't feel near as much tension in the second half. On the whole the conduct of all the Ireland fans was impeccable and we had a great time in Malones and in Campus after the game.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We never chant IRA in our support home or away so anyone doing that is definitely not a regular Irish supporter. I met these Croatian fans at the euros and they started singing "Go on home British soldiers" thinking I'd find it funny. I had to tell them to stop and ended up apologising to an older group of Irish fans who were disgusted and thought I was telling them to sing it. The Croatian lads obviously met some Irish armchair ra head who told them we sing this.

Like yereselves we won't tolerate our fans acting the maggot abroad.

Similar to our fannies at home I assume. There were a lot of eejits from both sides intending to gain a reaction.

It's done now and I look forwarding to visiting Dublin in may for another 3 points

Taxi driver got stuck in traffic so ended up walking , through Bridgeton it so happened . Was with the mrs and there was a fair few TA but they seem to disappear as I reached Bridgeton. One brave punter standing at the entrance to a bar waited till we were 20 yards past before hurling the abuse the sad that he is, only twigged it was brigeton when the train station came into view ah well

No bother in the ground was in 115 LL lower but a fair bit reported by people I know/would trust

Organisation was shite ended up walking all the way back into town

Bit of abuse from some wee drunk as we were walking back to town, promptly shut up when I turned around

All in all a decent enough trip but to be honest Glasgow wasn't the most exotic destination I was hoping for (likely the same with Dublin for you) and the location occasion attracted a fair amount of tossers. Not helped by the FAI who if truth be told have acted appalingly re supporters

10 or so irish lads in front of us in the jock stein upper and one guy sitting next to me . Took it quite well when we scored as it was bedlam and he didn't have a choice , he was celebrating . Poor lad took it on the chin though hand shakes all round and wished us all the best .

Irish boys and girls top notch in the pub before the game too

The Irish fans by and large were great. I did see a largish group of Irish accented guys in the pub before wearing 'stylish' shirts and other casual clothes. Not a hint of green on any of them. They didn't actually do anything to warrent suspicion though. They might have just been paranoid about glasgow bouncers and football colours...

Apologies to anybody offended by my posts last night.

Alcohol filled after a long weekend celebrating.

Those comments were nasty and ill informed.

HOLD MY HANDS UP...

Except a ban from website if so deemed.

Comments welcome deserve a bit a crap...........................

When I read your posts that were totally out of order my first thoughts were the same as most. What a bell end but then I thought actually. He is pissed and going to be pretty embarrassed when he reads them in the morning and his hangover is going to feel worse.

fair play for having the balls to apologise and taking the flack.

Edited by Jagtag

The Irish fans by and large were great. I did see a largish group of Irish accented guys in the pub before wearing 'stylish' shirts and other casual clothes. Not a hint of green on any of them. They didn't actually do anything to warrent suspicion though. They might have just been paranoid about glasgow bouncers and football colours...

I suspect they were home end and had heeded warnings about colours. We were north stand just below the prawn sandwich gangster seats..loads of well dressed Irish in there and in the peasant area...beside us.

Coming from a rangers fan you would.

We had a great time with our irish cousins and looking forward to dublin next year.

Ive said it on hear already i would rather watch the match standing next to an irishman/woman than a plastic no voting Scotsman.

Bit harsh on Eddard.

I'm not a Rangers fan but I don't buy the Celtic brotherhood love-in guff. I've nothing against the Irish, but they're not my 'cousins'.

As I said earlier, most Scots have more in common with the English than we do the Irish.

Have to say I've suffered more casual racism at the hands of our celtic cousins the Welsh and irish,than I have living for years in England.so would have to agree.even if I was nicknamed jock at school.

Edited by allyc