codes from Uefa received? - Page 12 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

2 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm beginning to think I might just go for €195 tickets for game 1 & €60 for  2 and 3 on uefa.com ballot. It might be less stressful.

That was my intention if it had gone ahead. I can handle eur 195 rather than buffering etc trying to get the cheaper tickets and then ending up with eur 400. 

Who knows, maybe the sfa will discount them all for the inconvenience 😗

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Who among us can honestly be surprised! The SFA are good for just that! 🙈

I am certainly not surprised but you’d think they’d have made sure they got this right. 

Whoever made the decision to send the codes out 90 (originally 60) minutes before the start of the sale needs their baws booted. 

If they had sent them out yesterday the balls up should have been identified then and they might have had time to fix it before noon today. 

As I understood it (I could be wrong) UEFA were opening up the ticket portal for a day for each association to stagger the web traffic. Did another association go before us and was it OK for them ? Also if this is right does it mean there is only a limited window of today for them to get this sorted, Surely this would have been tested to the nth degree? IT's not just one error i.e. the release of codes to those with <12 points but getting the dates and days wrong for two out of three matches is just embarrassing - surely someone reviewed this before it was launched ?   

11 minutes ago, Exiled ICT said:

Not to panic you, but I had that the other day and contacted UEFA about it. They told me that "there was something wrong with my account" and told me to create a new one, which I did.

Not sure how that works now with the emails having to match the SSC one though.

So, was it just the case of creating a new uefa account with a different email address, or would I have to contact them as well

27 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

While I'm sure you can empathise with the outcome, it's hard to consider that the whole thing hasn't just been pure malpractice from the SSC.

All associations would have been working in conjunction with UEFA and presumably would have been linked through the same systems/technology. So then you have to ask:

Why couldn't they stagger the distribution more fairly like 32-24 points then 23-17 etc? - Like many other associations did.

If they could delay the specific sale for SSC members via UEFA at such short notice, surely they could have rectified the above issue?

Why did the email with the codes have the wrong days mentioned for 2 of the 3 games?

The whole thing just points to a lack of due care and quality control, which no doubt would have contributed to this. The worst thing is, expectations were low to begin with, and they have by far fallen below them still.

The answer to why they didn't stagger the sales with 32-24 etc like other associations was they couldnae be f..king arsed.

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I am certainly not surprised but you’d think they’d have made sure they got this right. 

Whoever made the decision to send the codes out 90 (originally 60) minutes before the start of the sale needs their baws booted. 

If they had sent them out yesterday the balls up should have been identified then and they might have had time to fix it before noon today. 

First sale shouldn't have been all 10k en masse. 

Codes were too late.

Window was too small.

All avoidable.

11-pointer here.
Unexpectedly got sent some codes at 11.34am.  
Just opened email and tried to log into UEFA but they don't work.

UEFA WEBSITE: There is no offer for the given code "XXXX".
Please check your code and make sure that the offer is still valid.

No email (yet) to say the sale has been suspended.

Edited by Haggis_trap

2 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

So, was it just the case of creating a new uefa account with a different email address, or would I have to contact them as well

I just created a new one, no bother.

Not sure the email addresses have to match now, I may have been mistaken about that one.

6 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

As I understood it (I could be wrong) UEFA were opening up the ticket portal for a day for each association to stagger the web traffic. Did another association go before us and was it OK for them ? Also if this is right does it mean there is only a limited window of today for them to get this sorted, Surely this would have been tested to the nth degree? IT's not just one error i.e. the release of codes to those with <12 points but getting the dates and days wrong for two out of three matches is just embarrassing - surely someone reviewed this before it was launched ?   

Think some Portugal fans have already bought.

1 minute ago, WeeJohnny said:

There is no problem with the UEFA website. Just SFA incompetence (or a system issue if you choose to believe them)