codes from Uefa received? - Page 11 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the codes just on the off chance they got me tickets for Albania's matches. 

Glad its been cancelled, raging at 4 hours unpaid leave. Panicking I can't do the rearranged date. 

Release codes early or delay the window after code release, leave each window open 48 hours. Basic ways to avoid this even being a problem.

21 minutes ago, Grumpychops said:

Mixed emotions here. Initially, all I can think of is FFS how can you ar$e it up, but then, having worked in IT for years, I've been there myself when you run something and suddenly realise it's fecked up and you just have that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Having said that, I'd be curious as to what level of testing they've done and who signed it off. Email being sent to people on less points you'd imagine would be one of the first testing scenarios on the test plan!!

While I'm sure you can empathise with the outcome, it's hard to consider that the whole thing hasn't just been pure malpractice from the SSC.

All associations would have been working in conjunction with UEFA and presumably would have been linked through the same systems/technology. So then you have to ask:

Why couldn't they stagger the distribution more fairly like 32-24 points then 23-17 etc? - Like many other associations did.

If they could delay the specific sale for SSC members via UEFA at such short notice, surely they could have rectified the above issue?

Why did the email with the codes have the wrong days mentioned for 2 of the 3 games?

The whole thing just points to a lack of due care and quality control, which no doubt would have contributed to this. The worst thing is, expectations were low to begin with, and they have by far fallen below them still.

Just now, StirlingRover said:

If no one has checked this message board or twitter how will they know the sale has been postponed? There's been no email about it so loads of folk are probably still trying to access tickets ...

There has been an email.

It came at 11:18am

1 minute ago, StirlingRover said:

If no one has checked this message board or twitter how will they know the sale has been postponed? There's been no email about it so loads of folk are probably still trying to access tickets ...

i got an e mail from ssc at 11.20. am 

not all in our group did though 

Right when I click on the link from the SFA email to access the portal this comes up.

AUTHENTICATION IN PROGRESS

It looks like the email address for your UEFA.COM account is already in use. You can link your account to the correct ID after login.

By associating your UEFA.COM account with the existing identifier, you will enjoy greater flexibility with your next connections.

when I put in my password it says password is wrong, have reset about 3 times to new password but getting the same everytime, any ideas, cheers

I received codes this morning too and I’m on 11 points. Knew right away this doesn’t look right as I wasn’t meant to be receiving mines till the next day.

An absolute utter shambles by the SFA. Feel sorry for the folk that have been royally fucked over by their incompetence today.

Feck knows, when the next sale schedule is due to take place.

9 minutes ago, StirlingRover said:

There was an email. Worrying that you didn’t receive one.

J

7 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Right when I click on the link from the SFA email to access the portal this comes up.

It looks like the email address for your UEFA.COM account is already in use. You can link your account to the correct ID after login.

By associating your UEFA.COM account with the existing identifier, you will enjoy greater flexibility with your next connections.

when I put in my password it says password is wrong, have reset about 3 times to new password but getting the same everytime, any ideas, cheers

My only idea is why on earth you have waited until today to sort your UEFA login? You are lucky the sale has been delayed. 

8 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Not to panic you, but I had that the other day and contacted UEFA about it. They told me that "there was something wrong with my account" and told me to create a new one, which I did.

Not sure how that works now with the emails having to match the SSC one though.

Should've put a bet on yesterday that this would be a disaster.

That said as someone with 12 points, quite happy that those on higher points aren't getting first dibs like they usually do.

Fed up not getting tickets in ballots for away games because the same people, have points, get tickets & therefore more points. It's a closed shop unless you're willing to go to "friendly" in a war-zone, in the dead of winter.

Just now, Exiled ICT said:

Not to panic you, but I had that the other day and contacted UEFA about it. They told me that "there was something wrong with my account" and told me to create a new one, which I did.

Not sure how that works now with the emails having to match the SSC one though.

No they don't.