Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Hampden Debenture tickets.
The 2.5K extra tickets that Aberdeen *might* get clearly dependent on debenture returns.
Most of these will be Glasgow based corporate tickets (i.e Rangers fans) making segregation next to impossible.

Why won't SPL come out and admit that Aberdeen's allocation was 17K, in a ground that holds 52K.  Clearly, they never planned to give us anymore tickets that this. The "small" teams in Scotland need to take a stand against this nonsense.

Neutral venue my @rse. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Hampden was redeveloped in 1998 they sold 5160 seats under Gold, Silver and Bronze packages where you paid a lump sum.The original 20-year Hampden scheme secured fans and companies the right to buy packages of tickets and different hosoitality levels covering a minimum of eight games, typically the semi-finals and finals of the Scottish and League cups and two internationals. The debenture seats are like an investment and rights they give can be sold on/traded. 

Tickets not taken up by the Debenture owners become available to normal sale. 

Sales blurb at time "The debentures may be the best way to secure tickets for top international and major domestic cup matches, especially for keen Scotland supporters and Celtic and Rangers fans whose teams are most likely to appear at Hampden and have the greatest demand for seats."

A maximum of 960 gold, 1800 silver and 2400 bronze debentures were offered. 

"All debenture holders will have a specific seat but, on club match occasions when the stadium is segregated, bronze holders must declare which team they support when applying for tickets and seating arrangements in the bronze area will reflect segregation requirements. On some occasions, bronze holders may have to be seated in other parts of the stadium."

I would love to see Aberdeen, or Hearts/Hibs if in a similar position, to simply the the SPFL to fuck off, and refuse to take any tickets. If the club wants half of the available tickets, then the should get them, the SFPL should simply say fine, thats xxxxx x £xx, here's the bill, then deduct that from the prize money, or however the finances are handled.

And the OF ending of Hampden needs to end, its a neutral venue for christ sake, the OF get enough advantages, its time to stop bending over for them. Well, it was time a few centuries ago.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I would love to see Aberdeen, or Hearts/Hibs if in a similar position, to simply the the SPFL to fuck off, and refuse to take any tickets. If the club wants half of the available tickets, then the should get them, the SFPL should simply say fine, thats xxxxx x £xx, here's the bill, then deduct that from the prize money, or however the finances are handled.

And the OF ending of Hampden needs to end, its a neutral venue for christ sake, the OF get enough advantages, its time to stop bending over for them. Well, it was time a few centuries ago.

Yup : the SPL need to realise their product is the league (or cup) rather than the old firm.  

I am almost certain they had no intention of ever giving Aberdeen the extra 2.5k tickets in upper tier of main stand. Rather they had initially been promised to Rangers. Hence the delay in issuing them....

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

All clubs should set their stall out from the beginning of the season:

Tell the SPFL / SFA that the STARTING point for tickets in either final is the opportunity to have a 50/50 split, if not, said club will withdraw from that game - It can be done section by section, even if they have to half one of them

Correct - The Hun & Tim 'ends' need to get in the bin, too - Let's see how much it's not, or ever been, an advantage / problem / consideration when that eventually happens

*Not having a fukin roof over the East Terrace / Stand c.25 years ago is a belter, right enough

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

👏👏👏

The grievance junky’s have finally arrived 👏

Yeah, let’s make them change ends! Radical!

Or, let’s make us financially liable for tickets we don’t sell! Wtf🙄

You cunts are mental. 

The best advert any plc board could have against any fan involvement is right here! 

Congrats!👏

I'm honestly at a loss as to why people don't think it's fair to START with a 50 50 split and toss a coin to determin who gets what end and changing facility, im sure thats how its done the FA cup as an example. The non OF club has the chance to 

A) refuse 50% of the tickets at the start if they don't feel they can sell that much

or 

B) Attempt to sell their 50% by a certain date, at which point they give them back to the OF team

The governing body making the decsion is wrong on every level

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

seems Aberdeen fans are perpetuating whacko conspiracy theories to deflect from a total balls by their club. I agree though. Should have started with 50:50. 

There are no whacko conspiracy theories, just facts

Aberdeen were given 17500 tickets initially and told another 2500 would be made available. Aberdeen have asked for these tickets but are being ignored by the authorities. 

Jeezo, fans of Victim Fc & the Deadco think this is only about Aberdeen

Also, the veiled defence of 'their ends' tells the real story

AFC have done nothing more than going through the gears faster, or anything different to how they have sold previously

As expected, facts don't sit easily with some cnuts, though

Now, WTF are our additional 2500 tickets you SPFL cocksuckers.......

When St Mirren played Rangers in the 2009 Scottish Cup semi final the Police instructed all of the St Mirren supporters buses had to head out along to the M8/M74 junction, head South initially and approach Hampden from the East.

As you probably all know Paisley lies to the West of Hampden, what should have been a 20-25 minute bus journey ( with several different optional routes ) became an hour and a half for some supporters, many of whom missed the start of the game.

Logistical madness, the reason why? So Rangers supporters could have “their end”.

Fkn joke. 

“edited to change it from the 2010 league cup final, got my Hampden trips mixed up”

Edited by Jersey Jim

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Thanks lads, I’ve had a great nap this afternoon after reading these! 😃

Always enjoyed reading your posts Slasher ( including your book 👍)

Not picking an argument here do you really think what the police made the St Mirren supporters do that day was acceptable? 

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

So much for celtic supporters fight for those who have injustices done against them, hashtag cfc victims hail hail.

I think we’ve reached our threshold of causes to fight for for this season 😉

To be fair that was in my top 3 of naps I’ve had this year! Well done to all involved 😂

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Always enjoyed reading your posts Slasher ( including your book 👍)

Not picking an argument here do you really think what the police made the St Mirren supporters do that day was acceptable? 

Hi Jim. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them and no of course I don’t think that is fair. No reasonable person would. However you did mention Police Scotland’s involvement and I think we can all agree that they do as little as possible to facilitate a good match day experience for fans.

Listen, I’m not bothered about the whole ‘ends’ thing. It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if we were moved to the west to accommodate a support from Edinburgh or wherever, even though logistically I would be coming from the same side of the country. What I would say about it is that if you walked into one of the committee rooms at Hampden with a list of grievances and that and something about dressing rooms is at the top of your list, then you’re not thinking things through properly and I doubt you would be taken seriously. It comes across as petty and given that some seem to think that the history of it is now irrelevant the debate seems pretty selective in some quarters.

There are far more important issues that all the clubs could be addressing imo and yet this is constantly trotted out as a major factor. The vitriol that is beginning to seep out in the thread is not lost on me either so given that I don’t even have a dog in this particular fight I’ll probably check out of this one from now on. Anyway, thanks for asking a question rather than just having a pop as others do 👍

PS edit to add to Mr Haggis Trap if you read the thread back I have already said Aberdeen have a legitimate complaint here 🤷🏼‍♂️

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm honestly at a loss as to why people don't think it's fair to START with a 50 50 split and toss a coin to determin who gets what end and changing facility, im sure thats how its done the FA cup as an example. The non OF club has the chance to 

A) refuse 50% of the tickets at the start if they don't feel they can sell that much

or 

B) Attempt to sell their 50% by a certain date, at which point they give them back to the OF team

The governing body making the decsion is wrong on every level

This is just not accurate I’m afraid VA. There is no tossing of a coin as you put it. The FA in conjunction with the Met will agree a security plan for the FA cup final which will encompass allocations and and decide which end of the ground. They also give 10% of tickets to affiliated coaches and clubs and another 10% possibly more go to corporate. I’ve no idea how they allocate dressing rooms nor do I have any interest but the sensible thing would be to give them the side their fans are on. It was only recently that they actually looked to increase competing club’s allocations and clubs used to get even less.

So, to sum up , you’d probably be even worse off under the English system 🤷🏼‍♂️

54 minutes ago, slasher said:

I think we’ve reached our threshold of causes to fight for for this season 😉

To be fair that was in my top 3 of naps I’ve had this year! Well done to all involved 😂

Let’s see what happens the next time the ugly sisters play against each other in a cup final at Hampden and rangers get most of the tickets because of the stated problems with divvying up the north stand due to operational issues 👍

Aberdeen have been royaly shafted here and most fair minded football fans would agree. The "ends" thing is probably small fry however its an obvious indicator of the bigger problem.

My question is why dont the other clubs do anything about it? Every season its the same thing, with just a different team. No other club seems to care until its them again even though its probably happened to them within the last 5 years. Are fans raising this at AGMs etc. Why dont fans groups put pressure on their own clubs by threatening to boycot shirt sales or certain matches etc?

As others have said, if a large number of non OF clubs got together and said that unless certain guarentees were put in place then they would withdraw from the competition then something would get done. Not least because the sponsor of the tournament wouldnt stand for it, especially if the OF drew each other in an earlier round and the only other teams left were low end Championship for example.

The league cup is the perfect competition to take a stand. No european place, disruption to how the format works (ie if some teams pulled out at group stage and others pulled out having already got a bye)

2 hours ago, slasher said:

PS edit to add to Mr Haggis Trap if you read the thread back I have already said Aberdeen have a legitimate complaint here 🤷🏼‍♂️

Right - so you were just fishing for a reply when waffling aimlessly about "grievance junkys".

Edited by Haggis_trap

11 hours ago, slasher said:

This is just not accurate I’m afraid VA. There is no tossing of a coin as you put it. The FA in conjunction with the Met will agree a security plan for the FA cup final which will encompass allocations and and decide which end of the ground. They also give 10% of tickets to affiliated coaches and clubs and another 10% possibly more go to corporate. I’ve no idea how they allocate dressing rooms nor do I have any interest but the sensible thing would be to give them the side their fans are on. It was only recently that they actually looked to increase competing club’s allocations and clubs used to get even less.

So, to sum up , you’d probably be even worse off under the English system 🤷🏼‍♂️

Do the FA favour one side over the other or is the allocation of tickets?

The pont being made is not the number irs yhe fact one side is being treated better than another. That's neutrality.