Europe 23/24 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Sparta Prague win tonight means Rangers are in Pot 1 for the EL draw tomorrow. Means we avoid the likes of Liverpool, West Ham, Roma, Atalanta, Leverkusen, Villarreal and Ajax. A welcome silver lining after last nights debacle. 

Sorry. Didn’t see this. I posted the same later. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Aberdeen will play in Europa Conference won’t they so still plenty to play for. 

They do but tonight was an opportunity to do go one better and aberdeen shat the bed

Not many dons fans will agree yet but alarm bells are ringing for me. Duk is fat as fuck, he turned up for pre season totally out for shape, Morris is not good enough for highland league and the new Serbian centre half is a donkey.

Not a single win this season in any competition and to make it worse....Aberdeen haven't looked like winning a game yet.

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They do but tonight was an opportunity to do go one better and aberdeen shat the bed

Not many dons fans will agree yet but alarm bells are ringing for me. Duk is fat as fuck, he turned up for pre season totally out for shape, Morris is not good enough for highland league and the new Serbian centre half is a donkey.

Not a single win this season in any competition and to make it worse....Aberdeen haven't looked like winning a game yet.

Certainly Duk hasn't been performing as well as last season and it was a really rash challenge by the centre half that gave away the penalty. Shame because at that point Aberdeen were giving it a go and I felt they might get back into the tie.

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thoroughly deseve is a bit of a stretch. There's not been much in it. Hacken werw more clinical, that's all

You must have been watching a different game from me then. From where I was sitting they looked far technically superior in midfield and up front. Both defences are equally shite, I’ll give you that.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Certainly Duk hasn't been performing as well as last season and it was a really rash challenge by the centre half that gave away the penalty. Shame because at that point Aberdeen were giving it a go and I felt they might get back into the tie.

Over the 2 leg’s Aberdeen showed up for 20 minutes, we were totally out played by St Mirren on Sunday yet Robson persisted with Morris who is a waste of a jersey & a totally unfit Duk, missing Ramadani big time.

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Aberdeen absolutely abysmal tonight, clueless & nae playing as a team, Morris a waste of a jersey & Duk nae fit 🤬

I've seen him numerous times now and I think Morris might be the worst player I've ever seen in an Aberdeen shirt. I honestly think you could pick someone off the local park pitches each weekend and they'd do every bit as good a job. I have no idea what Robson sees in him that makes them think he deserved 87 minutes tonight.

Although I wish there was less of a focus on foreigners, I think some of Aberdeen's summer business will prove to be good investments... but that Serbian boy at the back is a total bombscare. I suspect he'll be home by Christmas.

8 hours ago, COLT NY said:

I've seen him numerous times now and I think Morris might be the worst player I've ever seen in an Aberdeen shirt. I honestly think you could pick someone off the local park pitches each weekend and they'd do every bit as good a job. I have no idea what Robson sees in him that makes them think he deserved 87 minutes tonight.

Although I wish there was less of a focus on foreigners, I think some of Aberdeen's summer business will prove to be good investments... but that Serbian boy at the back is a total bombscare. I suspect he'll be home by Christmas.

Robson takes too long to make changes when things aren’t working, the St Mirren game should have been a wake up call, the midfield got out played, bullied & overrun. I liked Ramadani but didn’t think he was that great but we are certainly missing him now, he made time & space for Clarkson to make passes, Shinnie seems to have lost a bit of pace as well.

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeens biggest problem this season will be squad depth. They have  6 European games and that coupled with a LC run will take its toll before Christmas. There are some quality sides in the Conference and they have big budgets. 

48 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Rangers, Betis, Sparta Prague, Aris Limassol

Tough Group I would say in terms of pot 2 and 3 draws. Wins are home are a must. 

Some good away trips though

Tough group but could have been worse. Should hopefully have enough to finish at least 3rd and get football after Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Tough group but could have been worse. Should hopefully have enough to finish at least 3rd and get football after Christmas. 

I struggle to consider dropping to the conference league after Xmas as anything other than an unwelcome distraction from the league. Realistically with the coefficient the way it is, even finishing 2nd basically guarantees Europa League group stages unless I'm missing some expected coefficient downgrade.

Conference league is another UEFA cash grab and at best a nice novelty for fans of clubs who wouldn't normally get a taste of European games other than getting pumped in a single qualifier. A club of established Europa League stature shouldn't see dropping to that as an achievement, the same way as the likes of Dortmund, Barcelona etc falling out of the CL shouldn't be proud of it.

I think a much more legitimate use of the Conference would be to ring fence it below a certain country coefficient ranking e.g outside the big 5.

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Hopefully the Hibernians get a manager in before Aberdeen and Hertz are looking for one, we fish in the same pond according to the lazy Scottish media

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Frankfurt booked, £13 for standing tickets, Scottish football could learn a lot from the German model. 

Fans in the UK get fleeced beyond belief. The price you are paying to watch a Bundesliga side is  just above the price you would pay to watch a Highland league side in Scotland

I was thinking of going to see Fulham with some friends in two weeks. The tickets left were priced between £105 and £160, these tickets weren't for a specific hospitality spot, they were regular tickets. We won't be going to watch fulham

Edited by vanderark14

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, dan cake said:

A lot of negativity after the initial first couple of rounds for the Scottish teams, 7/2 for a midweek traitors treble 

Heading over Thursday morning, overnight only, back home Fri

I suspect the best bit about the day will be meeting up with some friends for lunch and a few beers

The club / support 'should' be absolutely bouncing for this given the absence we've had from group stage football

Fucking depressing state of affairs as things stand

SF

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Heading over Thursday morning, overnight only, back home Fri

I suspect the best bit about the day will be meeting up with some friends for lunch and a few beers

The club / support 'should' be absolutely bouncing for this given the absence we've had from group stage football

Fucking depressing state of affairs as things stand

SF

Same here, from Heathrow, heading to Dublin Friday night for another night out and home Saturday.