Norway v Scotland - match day thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway v Scotland - match day thread

romanticscot

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am lost for words.  The Norway coach taking off Haaland when they are only 1 up was a real shocker.  Dykes should be the man of the match, he could easily have gone to sleep but scored once and was massive with his layoff for the second.  McGinn with his cross instead of shooting showed real awareness.

The problem I find with Scotland is always considering the future and not enjoying the moment and deferring the enjoyment.  We are 8 points off our 2nd place main rival in Norway and 6 points clear of Spain who don't play until September.  If we keep our composure and beat Georgia then we are 9 points ahead of 2nd place in the league in Spain we can totally enjoy the summer which I think mathematically means 4 points in our last 4 matches would get us to Germany. 

Edited by romanticscot

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Dykes very quiet, then a goal and assist, brilliant

Tbf he didnt really get much service in the match. He was getting dodgy long balls fired up to him. Gotta hand it to him he pulled out a nice lay off for mclean and the first goal he probably got a bit lucky but still done well to finish it. The guys been solid for scotland which is all we can ask for.

45 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Worst tactical game from Clarke in a good 12 months.

Barely created anything all game and he dosen't even bring Ferguson on?! Nevermind one of the strikers.

Been very disappointing today, need to play much better on Tuesday.

Oh dear, ain’t over til it’s over ya muppet 😂

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf he didnt really get much service in the match. He was getting dodgy long balls fired up to him. Gotta hand it to him he pulled out a nice lay off for mclean and the first goal he probably got a bit lucky but still done well to finish it. The guys been solid for scotland which is all we can ask for.

Completely agree mate, very difficult when you're on your own 👍

2 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

and the harder we work, the luckier we get

Lets be honest we looked dire most of the game. There was no creativity or urgency to our game. We looked like we wanted the draw from the outset and thats a dangerous game to play. 

We have gotten a huge bit of luck and its great to see.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Completely agree mate, very difficult when you're on your own 👍

Lets be honest we looked poor up until the last 5/10mins. We didnt have any urgency or creativity and that result is done to a lucky goal and one brilliant move late on for mcleans goal.

I will take it all day long but we need to be a bit better in our remaining matches.

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Did anyone else think the pen was harsh. Didnt look like much in it. I actually thought hendrys arm pull on haaland before that was more of a pen. 

Agreed. I think the decision not to award a penalty influenced the second one.

1 minute ago, todd said:

Must say, special mention to the Norwegian dude at pitchside, totally gracious in defeat, stark contrast to that Rodri wank stain

Totally agree mate, big Fjortoft was different class. 

02:40 here and av nae chance of sleeping

9 minutes ago, todd said:

Must say, special mention to the Norwegian dude at pitchside, totally gracious in defeat, stark contrast to that Rodri wank stain

Didn't his son play for Hamilton Accies last year? Anyway very gracious and brutally honest about the Norwegian team's coach and defence. 

Just now, bigfingers said:

Does anyone else like the fact we don’t rely on a world class or even top class striker but still manage to score and win games? 

Our midfielders and even defenders get the goals needed. Dykes has also scored a few despite not really being a natural goalscorer. Its all good but a goal poacher would be great to have as well.

26 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lets be honest we looked poor up until the last 5/10mins. We didnt have any urgency or creativity and that result is done to a lucky goal and one brilliant move late on for mcleans goal.

I will take it all day long but we need to be a bit better in our remaining matches.

👍 Completely agree

Let's remember that Haaland did fuck all, that tactic deffo worked, then our own Haaland came up with the goods 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿