Man. Utd tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man. Utd tickets

thesaint

What the f. ck is that all about. A message from the SSC telling us about tickets for Man Utd v Lyon. They are the Scotland supporters club. What the f. ck are they doing getting involved in selling tickets for that f. cking nonsense. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Looks like it's Scotland Rugby who've organised it so not quite sure why the SSC is involved. 

£39.40 for a pre season friendly too. daft prices

Should be no reason for the SSC getting involved in a match involving Man Utd and Lyon. What the f. ck has it got to do with Scotland. Anybody going to that shit needs their head examined. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Should be no reason for the SSC getting involved in a match involving Man Utd and Lyon. What the f. ck has it got to do with Scotland. Anybody going to that shit needs their head examined. 

👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Utd were trying to get a friendly against hearts and the rumours was was it  waiting for final clarification as they are having a week at St Andrews again. Everyone was shocked when this got announced.

Trouble is independent events organisations arrange the matches and offer the club a fee to play. Once they accept the fee logistics and locations they only have a slight say in. Just as has happened with Liverpool vs napoli and matches in Dublin etc. The firm in charge of the America tour have paid them 3 million to promote it and are selling tickets for 200 dollars with utd saying it will be a reserve team vs Wrexham but the clubs have no control over this.

Unfortunately with the euro qualifiers late on and first game of America tour 3 days later it won't be a full strength team from utd so again fans are being exploited and for the ssc to jump on this it really doesn't surprise me.

So then then organiser goes about trying to charge what they want to make it profitable for them. They put it on pre sale to utd season ticket holders, members etc on Tuesday. Knowing the sfa can imagine they got a little fee for promoting tickets as there seems to have been about 20 different pre sale windows in 3 days for the match From different sources.

Like has been said before a weird thing for sfa to promote. If it ended up the hearts game wouldn't need to be promoted. But they must be getting something out of it which in effect diminishes the Scottish game.

Maybe if they put more effort into fighting for fan allocations, venue announcements etc. This would be good like club sides to have a fan liason officer on board to explain every decision taken.

1 hour ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Utd were trying to get a friendly against hearts and the rumours was was it  waiting for final clarification as they are having a week at St Andrews again. Everyone was shocked when this got announced.

Trouble is independent events organisations arrange the matches and offer the club a fee to play. Once they accept the fee logistics and locations they only have a slight say in. Just as has happened with Liverpool vs napoli and matches in Dublin etc. The firm in charge of the America tour have paid them 3 million to promote it and are selling tickets for 200 dollars with utd saying it will be a reserve team vs Wrexham but the clubs have no control over this.

Unfortunately with the euro qualifiers late on and first game of America tour 3 days later it won't be a full strength team from utd so again fans are being exploited and for the ssc to jump on this it really doesn't surprise me.

So then then organiser goes about trying to charge what they want to make it profitable for them. They put it on pre sale to utd season ticket holders, members etc on Tuesday. Knowing the sfa can imagine they got a little fee for promoting tickets as there seems to have been about 20 different pre sale windows in 3 days for the match From different sources.

Like has been said before a weird thing for sfa to promote. If it ended up the hearts game wouldn't need to be promoted. But they must be getting something out of it which in effect diminishes the Scottish game.

Maybe if they put more effort into fighting for fan allocations, venue announcements etc. This would be good like club sides to have a fan liason officer on board to explain every decision taken.

Totally diminishes Scottish football. A total embarrassment. They exist to promote Scottish football and not teams from other countries. Couldn't give a fu. k about a team from england or france. 

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

Happy with this, i got 2. I’m getting fuck all else for my membership these days and the Liverpool v Napoli tickets where a nightmare to secure so we’ll done SSC

What time is your appointment at the shrink then? What the f. ck has man. td v lyon got to do with the SSC?. Get tae f. ck with that shit. 

I'm guessing the SSC/SFA know that so many young scottish fans support an English side, sometimes exclusively. So the SSC/SFA see this as a chance to give some of their members a chance to see one of the worlds most famous sides and a chance their scottish fans to see man utd in the flesh in Scotland

It's not for me though and I don't think the SSC should promote these glamour games. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm guessing the SSC/SFA know that so many young scottish fans support an English side, sometimes exclusively. So the SSC/SFA see this as a chance to give some of their members a chance to see one of the worlds most famous sides and a chance their scottish fans to see man utd in the flesh in Scotland

It's not for me though and I don't think the SSC should promote these glamour games. 

The SSC shouldn't be anywhere near it. They are all about following SCOTLAND and nothing else. Starting to promote games involving club teams from other countries is a road they should definately not be going down. 

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

The SSC shouldn't be anywhere near it. They are all about following SCOTLAND and nothing else. Starting to promote games involving club teams from other countries is a road they should definately not be going down. 

Agrees,  I just said that.

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Agrees,  I just said that.

Technically i was agreeing with you agreeing with me as i started the topic saying the SSC should be nowhere near this game. Didn't think self plagiarism was possible... but you learn something everyday. 😅😅

3 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

The frustrating thing for me is that we are being offered exclusive early access for these tickets but were not offered the same option for the football top. This still bugs me!

Aye. Talking about not getting your priorities right. F. cking Man Utd v Lyon indeed. What the f. ck has that got to do with the SSC? 

48 minutes ago, stocky said:

Why is this in TA Specific...🤔🤔

As good a place as any.A good number of the tartan army will be members of the SSC.Interested in what they think about them getting involved in publicising  a club game between english and french teams.Shouldn't be a place in the SSC for that nonsense.

8 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

The frustrating thing for me is that we are being offered exclusive early access for these tickets but were not offered the same option for the football top. This still bugs me!

Hopefully they’ll do a deal on the Man Utd/Lyon merchandise, i fancy one of those half and half scarfs