Man. Utd tickets - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man. Utd tickets

thesaint

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/18/2023 at 8:17 PM, ger intae them said:

so that thesaint can have a heart attack?

As soon as I seen the email I knew he would go mental . I wasn’t disappointed 🤭

Tbf though I agree with him. Utter nonsense.
And still no announcement for the Spain game ! 

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

Anybody who goes to watch man. utd at Murrayfield should be forced to eat a mug of hot dug shite 😄

I agree, I wouldn't even allow tabasco to take the edge aff it. 

On 5/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, TDYER63 said:

As soon as I seen the email I knew he would go mental . I wasn’t disappointed 🤭

Tbf though I agree with him. Utter nonsense.
And still no announcement for the Spain game ! 

I don't agree with this but I can see why some would take up the offer, As much as I hate seeing it........there are lots of fans in Scotland obsessed with the EPL, especially younger fans. If a parent has the opportunity to take them to see Man Utd, they will likely jump at the chance. 

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't agree with this but I can see why some would take up the offer, As much as I hate seeing it........there are lots of fans in Scotland obsessed with the EPL, especially younger fans. If a parent has the opportunity to take them to see Man Utd, they will likely jump at the chance. 

Oh I agree there are kids, and some adults , interested in seeing Man Utd. How many of them are members of the Scotland Supporters Club is highly debatable. 
The SFA should be nowhere near this. They should be concentrating on promoting Scottish teams.  Man U are a massive brand, they dont need the SFA  . Lets not pretend its for any other reason than promoting Man U. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Oh I agree there are kids, and some adults , interested in seeing Man Utd. How many of them are members of the Scotland Supporters Club is highly debatable. 
The SFA should be nowhere near this. They should be concentrating on promoting Scottish teams.  Man U are a massive brand, they dont need the SFA  . Lets not pretend its for any other reason than promoting Man U. 

Spot on. 

Have to agree to disagree here, I do believe the SFA or SSC saw an opportunity to give their members access to this match. 

43 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I’ll be there supporting Scott McTominay or does he fall into Gunn’s category given where he was born ☹️

Don't remember McTominay representing england at any level. If my memory is playing tricks on me i am sure you will let me know. 🙄

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Have to agree to disagree here, I do believe the SFA or SSC saw an opportunity to give their members access to this match. 

I could go onto Ticketmaster now and get any  amount of tickets I want for the match. Its hardly a massive attraction in Scotland and absolutely nothing to do with the SSC.

Will agree to disagree 😊👍

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I could go onto Ticketmaster now and get any  amount of tickets I want for the match. Its hardly a massive attraction in Scotland and absolutely nothing to do with the SSC.

Will agree to disagree 😊👍

Wasn't it early access? I can't remember

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Wasn't it early access? I can't remember

I think it was. But does anyone really think this was ever going to be a high profile game where early access had a huge advantage ?  If it was you can bet it would be nowhere near the SSC membership. Its a gimmick to flog as many tickets as they can for an out of season friendly.

Maybe I am being overly cynical. I have absolutely no problem with anyone in Scotland going to see Man U. I just think the SFA should focus on promoting Scottish teams . 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Why are the Scotland supporters club giving us access to a game between man. utd and lyon. What has that match got to do with Scotland? 

Ask the fucking Scotland supporters club 🤣

I think it was. But does anyone really think this was ever going to be a high profile game where early access had a huge advantage ?  If it was you can bet it would be nowhere near the SSC membership. Its a gimmick to flog as many tickets as they can for an out of season friendly.

Maybe I am being overly cynical. I have absolutely no problem with anyone in Scotland going to see Man U. I just think the SFA should focus on promoting Scottish teams . 

I guess the only advantage was getting the pick of the seats first but that's about it really.

• 1 month later...

Shows how high profile a game this is with the low number of senior players in the Man Utd squad. Still can't believe they have the audacity to charge £40

TRAVELLING SQUAD FOR EDINBURGH

Goalkeepers: Nathan Bishop, Elyh Harrison, Matej Kovar.

Defenders: Jonny Evans, Alvaro Fernandez, Will Fish, Marc Jurado, Lisandro Martinez, Raphael Varane, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams.

Midfielders: Fred, Dan Gore, Hannibal, Isak Hansen-Aaroen, Kobbie Mainoo, Mason Mount, Donny van de Beek.

Forwards: Amad, Antony, Noam Emeran, Omari Forson, Joe Hugill, Jadon Sancho.

10 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Shows how high profile a game this is with the low number of senior players in the Man Utd squad. Still can't believe they have the audacity to charge £40

TRAVELLING SQUAD FOR EDINBURGH

Goalkeepers: Nathan Bishop, Elyh Harrison, Matej Kovar.

Defenders: Jonny Evans, Alvaro Fernandez, Will Fish, Marc Jurado, Lisandro Martinez, Raphael Varane, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams.

Midfielders: Fred, Dan Gore, Hannibal, Isak Hansen-Aaroen, Kobbie Mainoo, Mason Mount, Donny van de Beek.

Forwards: Amad, Antony, Noam Emeran, Omari Forson, Joe Hugill, Jadon Sancho.

Poor show no McTominay in the squad for a game in Scotland.