Transfer Chat 2023/24 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Chat 2023/24

36 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Reading now Shankland to Celtic.. Surely not.. Thought he was a rangers supporter... I know money talks. I would have him in a minute to be honest...

And bizarrely there are Rangers fans saying he's not good enough for us. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Reading now Shankland to Celtic.. Surely not.. Thought he was a rangers supporter... I know money talks. I would have him in a minute to be honest...

Shankland would be a terrible fit for us imo. He doesn’t run, doesn’t press. I’m not doubting his ability or finishing but he just doesn’t suit our style of play. I’d be very surprised if we went there plus I’ve heard some questionable things about his attitude in the past, admittedly mostly from Aberdeen fans. I think a move to Rangers would suit him better.

We’ve been linked with Miovski as well which probably would make more sense to me but I haven’t seen enough of him to say whether he’d be worth the sort of money the sheep will undoubtedly be looking for 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Shankland would be a terrible fit for us imo. He doesn’t run, doesn’t press. I’m not doubting his ability or finishing but he just doesn’t suit our style of play. I’d be very surprised if we went there plus I’ve heard some questionable things about his attitude in the past, admittedly mostly from Aberdeen fans. I think a move to Rangers would suit him better.

We’ve been linked with Miovski as well which probably would make more sense to me but I haven’t seen enough of him to say whether he’d be worth the sort of money the sheep will undoubtedly be looking for 🤷🏼‍♂️

Shankland by his own admission says he didn’t do enough at Aberdeen & sure he said that he had attitude/maturity issues, shame coz had high hopes he’d do well for us.

Celtic won’t pay the price Aberdeen would rightly expect for Miovski, I think he would want to move to a different/better league when he does leave Aberdeen.

8 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Shankland by his own admission says he didn’t do enough at Aberdeen & sure he said that he had attitude/maturity issues, shame coz had high hopes he’d do well for us.

Celtic won’t pay the price Aberdeen would rightly expect for Miovski, I think he would want to move to a different/better league when he does leave Aberdeen.

Personally I don’t think we’ll go for either m8. It’s probably going to be some project nobody has heard of. What kind of fee would Aberdeen be looking for just out of curiosity, £5m?

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

Personally I don’t think we’ll go for either m8. It’s probably going to be some project nobody has heard of. What kind of fee would Aberdeen be looking for just out of curiosity, £5m?

Minimum £5m, scores goals, he’s young & on a long contract. He could do with a bit more pace but he’s not slow.

Getting Utrecht to take Lammers on loan is impressive in itself but if they buy him for £2.75M in the summer as is being reported it’s probably the best bit of transfer business we’ll ever do. 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:56 AM, slasher said:

We need a striker, a goalkeeper, a defensive mid of some stature and a left back. So, of course we’ve bought a feckin winger! 🙈

Hearing Lyndon Dykes now. No thank-you..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Hearing Lyndon Dykes now. No thank-you..

No way Celtic would sign Dykes. I like him as a person, but he is incredibly limited as a player, and doesn't suit Celtic at all.

On 1/19/2024 at 9:08 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Greg Stewart back at Killie. 

Good bit of experience signed with him and GMS then likes of Watson, Mayo etc in the team. 

That's the most mcinnes signing mcinnes has ever made

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Van Veen is joining Killie

Aberdeen being linked with James Forrest 

Rangers trying to get Shankland and offer an injured Kemar Roofe to sweeten the deal

(All according the the insanity of Twitter), top one appears to be true. 

Edited by dandydunn

Not sure how the window went for us!  Had never heard of Diomande or Cortes before this week and Silva has yet to impress.  However we did ship out Lammers so should be stronger for that.  I continue to be concerned about the "DeScotification" of our squad, which was one of the reasons I wanted us to sign Shankland.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Not sure how the window went for us!  Had never heard of Diomande or Cortes before this week and Silva has yet to impress.  However we did ship out Lammers so should be stronger for that.  I continue to be concerned about the "DeScotification" of our squad, which was one of the reasons I wanted us to sign Shankland.

Shankland and Barron in the summer?

The chat is that Lawrence declined the contract offer, but didn't push for the move.  He secures Hearts 3rd place and then goes for a couple of million in the summer sounds like a good win all round. 

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I share your concern but hope that Devine does well in his loan spell.

• 1 month later...