I missed that. Can you elaborate?

Screenshot_20230329_103758_Messenger.jpg

Edited by Judith

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I know one player who did the same relatively recently. Not nearly as important games as his first three caps were all friendlies. This guy had 7 clean sheets in his 11 caps.

So I looked back on RSSSF and worked it out.

Would never have guessed the answer, especially having witness some of his performances at club level 🙈

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

So I looked back on RSSSF and worked it out.

Would never have guessed the answer, especially having witness some of his performances at club level 🙈

He was actually pretty decent for Scotland. Nothing spectacular but hardly ever made any mistakes either. A late developer.

Gerrard hounded Porteous out of Scotland.  I have heard it all now!!!  You get a good laugh on here at times and this is another instance.  I am sure it was a Rangers manager that banned tartan wearing in Scotland after Culloden.  Aye you get them told Loanhead Tartan!!!  You know yer stuff.

8 hours ago, SamP said:

Gerrard hounded Porteous out of Scotland.  I have heard it all now!!!  You get a good laugh on here at times and this is another instance.  I am sure it was a Rangers manager that banned tartan wearing in Scotland after Culloden.  Aye you get them told Loanhead Tartan!!!  You know yer stuff.

Never once did I say that he was hounded out of Scotland by gerrard . I said he was hounded non stop by the media after winding gerrard and the huns up . Nae bother though big boy 

4 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Never once did I say that he was hounded out of Scotland by gerrard . I said he was hounded non stop by the media after winding gerrard and the huns up . Nae bother though big boy 

I think someone else in this thread made that claim, not you.

Also, I think we can guess what team you support.

10 hours ago, Whelky75 said:

I think someone else in this thread made that claim, not you.

Also, I think we can guess what team you support.

Aye, some folk cannot hide their bile against one club on a TAMB.  And there are plenty on here.  The Dons and RA Victims spend more time on here slating Rangers than supporting Scotland and praising their own club.  A Bird in the Hand never won Fair Lady though.  

On 3/29/2023 at 9:28 PM, Texas Pete said:

This is a bit over dramatic is it not? 

If I was a betting man I'd bet he left hibs because he's getting paid more, facing a new challenge, living near London and gets to play in new places. 

I doubt it has much to do with paper headlines in Scotland. 

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If I was a betting man I'd bet he left hibs because he's getting paid more, facing a new challenge, living near London and gets to play in new places. 

Correct.  But don't let these facts get in the way of Rangers bashing on here.

48 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Personally can't help feeling it was a wasted opportunity. A move abroad would have done wonders for his game. 

Porteous is better off out of the poisonous culture of Scottish football where he can concentrate purely on the football. He does not have to worry about playing up to his mates going out of his way to noise up those bad Gers players. Also better off being away from the media press who will crucify you for daring to cross the OF. Works both ways.

Now he can concentrate on pure football and honing his skills and become a stronger defender and more disciplined individual without the needless attractions he would have got remaining in the SPL.

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Personally can't help feeling it was a wasted opportunity. A move abroad would have done wonders for his game. 

Were there teams from abroad looking to sign him? I can’t imagine there would be any offers from clubs who could come close to the wages that Watford are paying him.