Indyref 2 (2) - Page 221 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

On 2/29/2024 at 6:55 PM, scotlad said:

Exactly. People moan about the government telling them what to eat, then expect the government to fix them once their bodies start to pack-in because they've been filling themselves with junk for years and years, no questions asked. In those circumstances you can't really blame the government for trying to look at ways to discourage people from getting into that nick in the first place.

What I would say, though, is perhaps meal-deals aren't the worst culprit (unless we're including the infamous 'Munchie Box'!). For instance, why not focus on regulating the amount of sugar that is added to processed or pre-prepared foods? (Possibly because the SG has no control over that).

Also, compared to even twenty years ago there are a lot more places selling food that's tasty but bad for you. Takeaways and eateries are everywhere. I think down in London they were looking at limiting the number of takeaways located near schools to try and address issues with childhood obesity. I know this is "nannying" too but at least it might get to the root of the issue quicker.

At least the wee chubsters would get some exercise walking further to get their takeaways 🫣

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

In the words of the women’s aid, feminists and any other bowl cut blue haired fringed, double nose ringed dungaree wearing vegan loving climate freaks…

MY BODY. MY CHOICE.

Correct it is. However, the amount of overweight Scots who then tend to rely on the already overburdened NHS it then impacts on others.

23 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You couldn't make up the cheek and the BS of Tories. Douglas Ross in The Times (or maybe The Guardian) complaining that BBC Scotland are biased towards the SNP.

Did he give any examples?? I saw him on the front of one of the ignorance peddlers the other day saying "I fear for my children under the SNP" 🙄

5 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Did he give any examples?? I saw him on the front of one of the ignorance peddlers the other day saying "I fear for my children under the SNP" 🙄

Yes he said BBC Scotland allowed two full interviews or such-like from SNP leader and one other but refused him one.

23 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes he said BBC Scotland allowed two full interviews or such-like from SNP leader and one other but refused him one.

I saw the response below to his claim that the BBC weren't accounting for his "childcare duties" and "precious time with family away from politics". It probably clashed with a wee linesman shift 😀 

"Douglas Ross has childcare issues? I can't believe that not one person at the conference, not one, is willing to look after him for a wee while. Aw, the wee lamb."

33 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

I saw the response below to his claim that the BBC weren't accounting for his "childcare duties" and "precious time with family away from politics". It probably clashed with a wee linesman shift 😀 

"Douglas Ross has childcare issues? I can't believe that not one person at the conference, not one, is willing to look after him for a wee while. Aw, the wee lamb."

😆

I thought him and his party of ragamuffins  were against the nanny state.  

I've notice that from 2014, the Tories in particular come out first with complaints about Indy/SNP about stuff they do themselves.

I believe it's to make genuine complaints against them look like whataboutery.

10 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I've notice that from 2014, the Tories in particular come out first with complaints about Indy/SNP about stuff they do themselves.

I believe it's to make genuine complaints against them look like whataboutery.

It's pathetic they're using the kind of tactics used by the American right. 

Next time he does get an interview then perhaps someone could compare the bias or style of questioning content there and show him that. I know the govt of the day should get more scrutiny than the opposition but given we are still in the UK then he should be properly challenged on his party's vast failings. Has the BBC ever published a pro independence article? 🤔 

20 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Correct it is. However, the amount of overweight Scots who then tend to rely on the already overburdened NHS it then impacts on others.

And I'm not convinced we always have as much 'freedom' as we think, when people have never learnt to cook because of family or lack of lessons in school, when good food is expensive, when all the 'bad' stuff is cheap, when we're bombarded with ads for takeaways and processed food, how much real choice do we have? We choose what we 'want' but 'wants' can be manufactured by hidden persuaders otherwise these companies wouldn't spend so much on advertising.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

And I'm not convinced we always have as much 'freedom' as we think, when people have never learnt to cook because of family or lack of lessons in school, when good food is expensive, when all the 'bad' stuff is cheap, when we're bombarded with ads for takeaways and processed food, how much real choice do we have? We choose what we 'want' but 'wants' can be manufactured by hidden persuaders otherwise these companies wouldn't spend so much on advertising.

You have the freedom not to be weak willed if you choose to use it. Nobody is forcing you to buy stuff that is advertised. Nobody is forcing you to look at the advertising. 

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You have the freedom not to be weak willed if you choose to use it. Nobody is forcing you to buy stuff that is advertised. Nobody is forcing you to look at the advertising. 

🙄 seriously Orraloon? Hertsscot is making some decent points .  I think you know not everyone has that strength of will and that big business knows exactly what it’s doing by sucking people in. Advertising is everywhere. Why is cigarette advertising banned ? 

Unless I have been whooshed of course 😆

Edited by TDYER63

On 3/2/2024 at 10:58 AM, hampden_loon2878 said:

There are various sectors to the industry, the pelagic lads are raking it in so they just want left alone, however I will commend the latest legislation where a certain amount of fish caught has to be landed in Scotland instead of being shipped to Norway for processing. The capacity in our process sector needs to catch up but this is a good thing

regarding the white fish boats various thing can be done,, ie grant for new boats if they are built in this country, release more quotas on choke species. Ect

its more the inshore lads that need won over, the ones that were completely for independence and the snp that were scared away by that bloody insane HMPA legislation,, that was mental and has damaged the relationship massively..

Aye, I was being a bit facetious, I think we are both acquainted with a particular colourful character, who I had in mind. 

Looks like the SNP plan of disruption has started

They called a vote on the Budget before Starmer had a chance to respond

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

IMO the SNP need to keep doing what they are doing. Provide real opposition to the government because Labour aren't. Keep showing the people of Scotland how Westminster doesn't care about Scotland and its elected MPs

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Let’s be honest they were doing that no matter what the outcome of the budget was

The party of grievance and faux outrage trying to justify their meal ticket on the gravy train

36 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Let’s be honest they were doing that no matter what the outcome of the budget was

The party of grievance and faux outrage trying to justify their meal ticket on the gravy train

They are acting like a real opposition party not a diet version of the current government. 

Tell us, what would you have them do differently?

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Tell us, what would you have them do differently?

Be subserviant to England and start using the Union Jack more often

Some straight questions need to be asked within the snp,, how much seats will the snp/green alliance preserve or gain compared with going back to the historical snp stand point on oil and gas/carbon capture policies??? The snp have a chance to clear up the northeast/north with changing stance, the greens alliance will have zero bearing any seat.. 

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Some straight questions need to be asked within the snp,, how much seats will the snp/green alliance preserve or gain compared with going back to the historical snp stand point on oil and gas/carbon capture policies??? The snp have a chance to clear up the northeast/north with changing stance, the greens alliance will have zero bearing any seat.. 

ditch the greens.  Far left radicals.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Be subserviant to England and start using the Union Jack more often

That’s right because anyone who doesn’t cowtow to the SNP hanging on to their every word is a card holding member of Britain First

You could have gotten yourself an A+ but you forgot to chuck in a gammon, Daily Fail and GBeebies. Must do better 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That’s right because anyone who doesn’t cowtow to the SNP hanging on to their every word is a card holding member of Britain First

There is not one current person on the Tamb that fits that definition - Not one

You only have to scroll back page after page to see it - even Aaid chucked it as he couldn't/wouldn't defend the SNP anymore

That being said - we are still being fucking shafted by Westminster big time and only the blinkered refuse to see it  

Edited by Ally Bongo