Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 58 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Ryan Jack on the bench for Rangers today. 

Next squad isn’t until March obviously and it’s debatable whether he would get back into the team but still good to see him back. 

great news. Jack was immense prior to his injury for Scotland.  We will have four good options for two centre mid roles with Mctominay, gilmour, jack and McGregor. Assume Mcginn is a certain starter for the advanced role.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

great news. Jack was immense prior to his injury for Scotland.  We will have four good options for two centre mid roles with Mctominay, gilmour, jack and McGregor. Assume Mcginn is a certain starter for the advanced role.

It'll be interesting to see what the international pool of players will look like in March. By then there will likely be 4 or 5 more players banging on Steve Clarke's door. 

You'd think Jack will take Ferguson's place. In the same way Turnbull forced himself in last year, Ralston will be too good not to include. (2 assists today) Souttar and Hickey can't be too far behind either. We could see another mini-transformation in March. The team is upgrading all the time!

32 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

It'll be interesting to see what the international pool of players will look like in March. By then there will likely be 4 or 5 more players banging on Steve Clarke's door. 

You'd think Jack will take Ferguson's place. In the same way Turnbull forced himself in last year, Ralston will be too good not to include. (2 assists today) Souttar and Hickey can't be too far behind either. We could see another mini-transformation in March. The team is upgrading all the time!

yeah, assuming things progress in the same way I would see ralston replacing o donnel, and hickey will be ahead of Greg Taylor.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:49 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Both are bang average. 

Much better player is a bit ic an exaggeration. Put Ralston in a Motherwell side and he'll be pish, just like he was on loan at Perth. Ralston still makes a hell of a lot of mistakes

Ralston with 3 assists today. 

He can’t be far behind Tavernier with assists this season.

Everyone has their own opinion but on the basis of this season Ralston has been one of the best players in the league. 

Great to see Jack back on the park. Hopefully he can get back to his preinjury form. He was great last season and was integral in Scotland's midfield alongside McGregor. They formed a great pairing and completely nullified Serbia in the final.

If he can get fit again hopefully we'll see him back in the march squad. He won't be a starter due to Gilmour's ascension but when fully fit he is a great squad option. He definitely offers and suits our midfield more than McLean does. 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Was on a train last night with a load of Sheffield United fans on their way back from Blackburn.   To a man they were scathing about both Fleck and McBurnie. 

I wouldn't be shocked if one or both end up at Ibrox next season (probably on loan). It might be just what both of them need tbh. Get their confidence back and playing for the club they support might see them try harder.

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

They taken to slating players who don't even get on the pitch.

Fleck started yesterday.  I asked them specifically what their views were on McBurnie and they also weighed in in Fleck as well.

51 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I wouldn't be shocked if one or both end up at Ibrox next season (probably on loan). It might be just what both of them need tbh. Get their confidence back and playing for the club they support might see them try harder.

Fleck would slot into midfield and do fine & probably push himself back into Scotland contention.

McBurnie is horrific and would be a terrible signing. He’s more likely to end up in league 1 next season as he doesn’t seem to be able to cut it even at championship level now. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Fleck started yesterday.  I asked them specifically what their views were on McBurnie and they also weighed in in Fleck as well.

I Read their forum to see what they are saying and looks like Fleck is pretty much finished and I'm surprised any one has an opinion on McBurnie that would consist of more than two words. He barely gets a mention on there.

Doubt if McBurnie will ever get close to the player he was in the championship for a season and a half a couple of years ago.

41 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I Read their forum to see what they are saying and looks like Fleck is pretty much finished and I'm surprised any one has an opinion on McBurnie that would consist of more than two words. He barely gets a mention on there.

Doubt if McBurnie will ever get close to the player he was in the championship for a season and a half a couple of years ago.

Expensive mistake and not the cleverest guy going was the general opinion on McBurnie.  On Fleck, they thought he was good at the start as they had the promotions but clearly wasn’t an EPL player and these days isn’t Championship level either.