Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 384 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

Both gauld and Morgan must be in with a shout for the squad now that it's 26 and we are potentially missing three attacking midfielders in Armstrong, mctominay and Ferguson.

Never know these guys plus Fraser might turn up to the euros and do really well. Feels the squad needs a wee shake up after the recent bad results.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Both gauld and Morgan must be in with a shout for the squad now that it's 26 and we are potentially missing three attacking midfielders in Armstrong, mctominay and Ferguson.

Never know these guys plus Fraser might turn up to the euros and do really well. Feels the squad needs a wee shake up after the recent bad results.

And our opposition at the euros will know absolutely jack shit about them too, which may be an advantage 🤔 

Clutching at straws here 😳

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think Fraser has a strong chance, although he’s not been starting for Southampton recently (apart from this weekend) or assisting/scoring. 

Not sure if there’s any lingering hostility between him and Clarke too. 

29 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I think Fraser has a strong chance, although he’s not been starting for Southampton recently (apart from this weekend) or assisting/scoring. 

Not sure if there’s any lingering hostility between him and Clarke too. 

I think at this rate its a case of Clarke will have to pick whoever is available and playing at a decent level. Fraser ticks that box easily as does Morgan and gauld. 

It's a real bummer losing some of our first picks but I will be excited to see how Morgan or gauld do if they get picked and I have always felt Fraser should be a first team pick anyways although he's fucked himself over the years by not turning up.

Morgan has a record of 25 goals in 53 for red bull, he should be in the squad already. 

Just hope Clarke gives him a chance. These injuries are a great chance for Morgan, gauld and Fraser to come in a prove themselves. I even think the injuries could help shankland as we  could be forced to go with 2 up top and I would like to see Adams and shankland form a partnership.

Morgan's goal yesterday.

Edited by mccaughey85

24 minutes ago, todd said:

And our opposition at the euros will know absolutely jack shit about them too, which may be an advantage 🤔 

Clutching at straws here 😳

Either way we maybe could do with some fresh players as recent results and performances have been poor.

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Either way we maybe could do with some fresh players as recent results and performances have been poor.

I agree,  Fraser ,Gauld , Morgan & Cairney are all good shouts . Would be even happier if Ross Stewart or especially Doak could get some first team action & make it. Turnbull not though, hasn't done anywhere near enough in recent times to deserve it. 

Anyone any news on McTominay ?

Edited by theabsentee
Grammar error

9 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I agree,  Fraser ,Gauld , Morgan & Cairney are all good shouts . Would be even happier if Ross Stewart or especially Doak could get some first team action & make it. Turnbull not though, hasn't done anywhere near enough in recent times to deserve it. 

Ten Hag’s quote after the game was: 

We have to assess this, to set the diagnosis," said Ten Hag. "I don't know in this moment to return [against Crystal Palace next month], I think it's a little bit too quick turnaround.

"You have seen he has a problem. We have to diagnose this and see what it is."

So it wasn’t instant, bad news. But could easily be after he’s been assessed. 

14 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

2 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Ten Hag’s quote after the game was: 

We have to assess this, to set the diagnosis," said Ten Hag. "I don't know in this moment to return [against Crystal Palace next month], I think it's a little bit too quick turnaround.

"You have seen he has a problem. We have to diagnose this and see what it is."

So it wasn’t instant, bad news. But could easily be after he’s been assessed. 

The more I think about it and tally up the numbers Clarke will seriously have to consider guys like gauld and Morgan. Especially now we have gone up to a 26 man squad.

Unless he starts picking journeymen from league1 or the spl.

I even think siriki dembele might be have an outside chance of getting asked.

Not that keen on picking Turnbull again but I think theres a decent chance Clarke might have to.

Would like Cairney to be picked. From interviews it sounds like he wants to be involved and I think he's a good player who has been slightly overlooked in recent years.

Also it sounds quite promising regarding mctominays injury but time will tell.

I think there’s far more of chance of him picking Turnbull, Forrest and possibly Ryan Jack (if he’s fit) as replacement/additional midfielders rather than Gauld. 

Although I think he will pick Tommy Conway considering he asked him to train with the senior team previously. 

Clarke loves to be loyal to keep the club mentality. Can only see Gauld being a popular call up with the players though, he was childhood mates with Souttar and was close to Robertson (and Armstrong?) at Dundee United. He must have played under 21s with a lot of the current squad too. 

I can’t imagine call ups for Elliot Anderson or Ryan Fraser being popular due to issues with their last call ups. Or Cairney as a 33 year old with patchy form or Turnbull with almost no form. 

5 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I think there’s far more of chance of him picking Turnbull, Forrest and possibly Ryan Jack (if he’s fit) as replacement/additional midfielders rather than Gauld. 

Although I think he will pick Tommy Conway considering he asked him to train with the senior team previously. 

Clarke loves to be loyal to keep the club mentality. Can only see Gauld being a popular call up with the players though, he was childhood mates with Souttar and was close to Robertson (and Armstrong?) at Dundee United. He must have played under 21s with a lot of the current squad too. 

I can’t imagine call ups for Elliot Anderson or Ryan Fraser being popular due to issues with their last call ups. Or Cairney as a 33 year old with patchy form or Turnbull with almost no form. 

Even if he does then theres still some places up for grabs, especially if mctominay doesn't make it. 

We are potentially losing 3 out of our 5 main attacking midfielders. There could also be more injuries. Still a month left of club football to be played. 

Tommy Conway must be close to guaranteeing himself a spot in the squad, especially now it's 26.

I am pretty sure Cairneys been quite good this season although I can understand ppl not being keen on a 33 year old getting picked who hasnt really featured for us much.

I really think turnbulls career has stalled and I don't want him in the squad. I would much rather give Gauld or Morgan a chance.

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think at this rate its a case of Clarke will have to pick whoever is available and playing at a decent level. Fraser ticks that box easily as does Morgan and gauld. 

It's a real bummer losing some of our first picks but I will be excited to see how Morgan or gauld do if they get picked and I have always felt Fraser should be a first team pick anyways although he's fucked himself over the years by not turning up.

Morgan has a record of 25 goals in 53 for red bull, he should be in the squad already. 

Just hope Clarke gives him a chance. These injuries are a great chance for Morgan, gauld and Fraser to come in a prove themselves. I even think the injuries could help shankland as we  could be forced to go with 2 up top and I would like to see Adams and shankland form a partnership.

Morgan's goal yesterday.

Steve Clark should have been there. Morgan and Gauld both starting 

51 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Plenty other Scottish players starting at the weekend who he was watching. 

I would hope his time is spent on players he isn't already familiar with. 

3 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I would hope his time is spent on players he isn't already familiar with. 

Not sure flying to the other side of the world to watch two players who haven't been near a squad in years would be a good use of his time. 

A little confused on this have just seen another thread on twitter on Callum Mcgregor  a number of  celtic fans discussing how Mcgregor has either just lost it or is still injured, now cannot say I have been watching him, but is this true? Obviously a concern with the amount of injurys we have and surprising considering was named team of the year. 

38 minutes ago, syecosse said:

A little confused on this have just seen another thread on twitter on Callum Mcgregor  a number of  celtic fans discussing how Mcgregor has either just lost it or is still injured, now cannot say I have been watching him, but is this true? Obviously a concern with the amount of injurys we have and surprising considering was named team of the year. 

Subbed off yesterday, which is unusual for a captain - unless he is injured.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not sure flying to the other side of the world to watch two players who haven't been near a squad in years would be a good use of his time. 

Two eligible players, in form, when we have gaps appearing because of injuries, with a major tournament this summer... I believe it absolutely is a good use of his time. 

Edited by romanticscot

6 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I imagine all our non-UK based players are watched via tapes rather than in person. Clarke wasn't exactly going over to Italy to watch Ferguson or Saudi Arabia to watch Hendry

Thats a fair comment but both of them are familiar him prior to those moves. Come meet them, develop a relationship. And if schedule permits go watch players like Gazdag fae Hungary.