Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 371 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Mctominay not in the Man U squad. Hope he’s ok. 

Probably made the fall guy after their capitulation against Chelsea the other day 🙄

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Mcburnie with goal against Chelsea. Call him up! 

Know that plenty just can't get by a personal hatred of McBurnie but i think he is really coming into great form at the right time and could give us something different in attack(and he also defends pretty well when needed).He might just hit the ground running at the right time for us and give us another option.

Agreed. McBurnie is a very limited player, but a lot of our options are. Feel slight pain to say it, as he gives everything and has given us some great results, but think dykes should make way for him…….. IF he keeps it going to the end of the season.

Edited by ger intae them

17 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Agreed. McBurnie is a very limited player, but a lot of our options are. Feel slight pain to say it, as he gives everything and has given us some great results, but think dykes should make way for him…….. IF he keeps it going to the end of the season.

Certainly McBurnie is outperforming Dykes right now. Don't kow why he's hated by some on here. Think it might be because he is a Rangers supporter. But they will say, No! It's because he's rank. 

13 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Think we have hit a bit of a wall regarding our forwards and that they have  gone stale and look poor and something completely new is required.Taking Shankland and McBurnie might just might provide an impetus to our striking options.Realise that Clarke doesn't like to change things but sometimes you reach a stage where a change is needed.Going by our goal scoring record recently that stage might just have arrived.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Certainly McBurnie is outperforming Dykes right now. Don't kow why he's hated by some on here. Think it might be because he is a Rangers supporter. But they will say, No! It's because he's rank. 

No hatred from me, I just feel his performances were that bad that I didnt want him getting picked but I think he deserves another chance. He's scored enough this season in the epl for a terrible team that I think he maybe deserves another shot but I wouldn't be giving him any starts. He would have to show that he can play well off the bench or in the limited gametime he gets. 

I think thats fair as he performed so poorly for for Scotland in the chances he got. Even the u21s games I watched he was terrible in. 

I think the conversation with fleck didn't help things either. Ppl didn't like his attitude there despite him always turning up.

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

They always deny it but without doubt it it is a  personal hatred.If it was because he was rank then there would certainly be one or two other of our forwards that should be hated by them as well.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

No hatred from me, I just feel his performances were that bad that I didnt want him getting picked but I think he deserves another chance. He's scored enough this season in the epl for a terrible team that I think he maybe deserves another shot but I wouldn't be giving him any starts. He would have to show that he can play well off the bench or in the limited gametime he gets. 

I think thats fair as he performed so poorly for for Scotland in the chances he got. Even the u21s games I watched he was terrible in. 

I think the conversation with fleck didn't help things either. Ppl didn't like his attitude there despite him always turning up.

People always say his performances were shit but as i have said before tell me how many clear cut chances McBurnie actually missed.I was at most of the games or watched them and don't remember him missing sitters.In fact he hit the bar twice with decent efforts.Just feel he is in great form at a top level and might just provide the spark up front which is sadly lacking for us at the moment.

Said for a while that the door shouldnt be closed on McBurnie however its probably too late for the Euros unless somebody gets injured.

That being said, most games ive watched him in this season he does one or 2 things that would risk a straight red with foreign refs which would be a worry for me.

18 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Said for a while that the door shouldnt be closed on McBurnie however its probably too late for the Euros unless somebody gets injured.

That being said, most games ive watched him in this season he does one or 2 things that would risk a straight red with foreign refs which would be a worry for me.

Yeh, he can be pretty handy with his elbows, it seems. I was going to post earlier, saying what an uneventful weekend it has been for most of our players, and the only positive was that I don't think anyone got injured. 

Pleased Ollie has sparked the thread into life. He deserves another chance, and for me, he should get it this summer.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

People always say his performances were shit but as i have said before tell me how many clear cut chances McBurnie actually missed.I was at most of the games or watched them and don't remember him missing sitters.In fact he hit the bar twice with decent efforts.Just feel he is in great form at a top level and might just provide the spark up front which is sadly lacking for us at the moment.

Yeh he never missed much clear chances but he did look poor regarding his touch and ability. He honestly looked like he has never played football before when he played for us. I think it's quite telling that Clarke refuses to pick a guy who is scoring in the epl. 

I don't want to go overboard with how bad he was in a Scotland shirt as I have said it countless times and I actually don't mind the lad as person.

I don't mind him getting another chance but he will have to perform alot better in the small chances he gets.

Wether Clarke gives him that chance is another question.

If theres an injury or 2 then he will probably be in line to be called up. 

It's a sign of how far Adams and dykes have regressed that mcburnie probably can't be ignored atm. He is probably at where dykes was when in form for club and country and being touted for an epl move. And that is about as good as we've got. For me, shankland doesn't gave the fitness/mobility to start up top on his own. I wouldn't be averse to playing ferguson or mcT up top as an experiment. 

37 minutes ago, bdgsct said:

It's a sign of how far Adams and dykes have regressed that mcburnie probably can't be ignored atm. He is probably at where dykes was when in form for club and country and being touted for an epl move. And that is about as good as we've got. For me, shankland doesn't gave the fitness/mobility to start up top on his own. I wouldn't be averse to playing ferguson or mcT up top as an experiment. 

Tbf Adams has a goal every 158mins which is pretty good. I think the fact he's slumming it in the championship is why ppl feel he isn't doing well plus he isnt starting every game due to his uncertain future at saints. 

He's still very much an important member of the team/squad.

I think shankland deserves some more chances. Maybe a confidence boosting goal against either Finland or Gibraltar will set him up for the euros.

I dont mind trying Ferguson or mctominay upfront if it's in a pair but on their own I don't think would work. One thing's for sure is we need to give fergie more chances.

11 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Honestly, it is because he did not do it for us in just under 20 matches. But hey I am man enough to say he is beginning to knock on the door again. Perhaps call him up in next squad to see what he can do but would take a lot to displace a man with 9 goals for Scotland (Dykes) with a man with 0 goals for Scotland (McBurnie).

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Honestly, it is because he did not do it for us in just under 20 matches. But hey I am man enough to say he is beginning to knock on the door again. Perhaps call him up in next squad to see what he can do but would take a lot to displace a man with 9 goals for Scotland (Dykes) with a man with 0 goals for Scotland (McBurnie).

The Scotland stats are exactly why Dykes will remain in front of him in the pecking order. 

Clarke rewards consistent form at club level, but he doesn't make big changes based on purple patches. See Turnbull, Ralston, Souttar. They all got call ups eventually, but they had to bide their time and show it wasn't temporary.

McBurnie is probably 4th in the queue right now, I'd imagine, so it'll take an injury for him to get into the final 23. 

5 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

The Scotland stats are exactly why Dykes will remain in front of him in the pecking order. 

Clarke rewards consistent form at club level, but he doesn't make big changes based on purple patches. See Turnbull, Ralston, Souttar. They all got call ups eventually, but they had to bide their time and show it wasn't temporary.

McBurnie is probably 4th in the queue right now, I'd imagine, so it'll take an injury for him to get into the final 23. 

I agree. Any manager (not just Steve Clarke) would need to be immensely brave to make such a decision and it would be a huge leap in faith for a player who has just not done the business for us in the past.