Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 206 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

His club form has been excellent this season, no internationals for 3 months as far as I’m aware 

Club form is irrelevant to me. I am only interested in international form.If a player was rubbish for his club or playing at a poor level but turned in very good performances for us that would satisfy me more.

5 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Definitely a lot of excitement about him. From the clips I’ve seen he looks a real prospect. Hopefully he at least gets a few sub appearances in the EPL this season. 

Im hoping that Doak, Anderson and Lowry all kick on now in 2nd half of season and can get in squad in march.

Our attacking Midfield options need freshening up. Cant keep relying on mcginn. 

28 minutes ago, magicTs said:

This kid is going to be very special. Check Klopps reaction, he knows! 

Its hard not to get excited by this lad. Theres been alot of false dawns but we could be looking at a golden generation(relatively speaking) if guys like patterson, gilmour doak etc become top players. We just have to make sure we make the most out of it and dont underachieve or mismanage our resources.

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its hard not to get excited by this lad. Theres been alot of false dawns but we could be looking at a golden generation(relatively speaking) if guys like patterson, gilmour doak etc become top players. We just have to make sure we make the most out of it and dont underachieve or mismanage our resources.

The best comparisons for him would be Gauld, Burke and Fraser. In terms of attacking players that broke through in their teens. No disrespect to these teams, but tearing it up at Dundee Utd, Nottingham Forest and Aberdeen is a bit different from Liverpool. Of those 3, only Gauld was doing it as young as Doak.

I keep going back to the fact that Celtic played him in an old firm Derby at 16 to convince him not to leave. I can't think of any other time that has happened. 

15 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Im hoping that Doak, Anderson and Lowry all kick on now in 2nd half of season and can get in squad in march.

Our attacking Midfield options need freshening up. Cant keep relying on mcginn. 

Certainly Doak and Lowry. Exciting times ahead 

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Shankland with a double yesterday. Get him in the squad instead of that turd McBurnie or Jacob Brown 

Shankland should defo get another chance in the squad if he finishes the season with 25 or more goals. Not often a scottish striker does gets that for a non old firm team. Saying that a fair few have been pens.

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Shankland should defo get another chance in the squad if he finishes the season with 25 or more goals. Not often a scottish striker does gets that for a non old firm team. Saying that a fair few have been pens.

Good weekend for most of our 3rd choice striker options. Stewart, Nisbet, Brown and Shankland all getting goals. Will be interesting to see who is in the best form to get chosen in March.