Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 181 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Leon King played well against one of Europe’s best teams. Would be very happy to see him in the November friendly squad 

He was solid. Passing looked a lot better than it did under Gemmell against NI u21.

I said at the last squad I'd have King in the squad as a 6th choice CB. No need for him to play but he will learn a lot playing and training with top players. Also integrates him early into the squad and get used to everything and everyone.

He's going to be a top player. Because he's been talked about for so long. People forget King's only 18. King was one of Rangers only bright lights today.

King has been rated the best prospect at Ibrox since he was a kid. Rated higher than Gilmour and Patterson, which says a lot.

My 5/6 CBs would be

McKenna, Hendry, Porteous, King, Tierney. Then 1/2 of Hanley, Souttar, Cooper, Kingsley.

1 minute ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He was solid. Passing looked a lot better than it did under Gemmell against NI u21.

I said at the last squad I'd have King in the squad as a 6th choice CB. No need for him to play but he will learn a lot playing and training with top players. Also integrates him early into the squad and get used to everything and everyone.

He's going to be a top player. Because he's been talked about for so long. People forget King's only 18. King was one of Rangers only bright lights today.

King has been rated the best prospect at Ibrox since he was a kid. Rated higher than Gilmour and Patterson, which says a lot.

My 5/6 CBs would be

McKenna, Hendry, Porteous, King, Tierney. Then 1/2 of Hanley, Souttar, Cooper, Kingsley.

We've also got Tom McIntyre at Reading and Dominic Hyam at Blackburn, both of whom are apparently playing well of late and have half a chance of playing Premier League football next year.

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Leon King played well against one of Europe’s best teams. Would be very happy to see him in the November friendly squad 

Fuckin hell. One CL game and he's in the squad 🤣🤣

15 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He either is, or is about, to be starting training with the first team.

I work with a scouser who’s son plays in the youth at Liverpool, he was talking to the coach early in the season and doak came into the discussion. He said that they have already fast tracked him into the under 18’s? And are looking to get him some game time this season in the first team in one of the cups. 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I work with a scouser who’s son plays in the youth at Liverpool, he was talking to the coach early in the season and doak came into the discussion. He said that they have already fast tracked him into the under 18’s? And are looking to get him some game time this season in the first team in one of the cups. 

Yes that tallies with various reports on websites connected with Liverpool FC beit club or fan-related.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Fuckin hell. One CL game and he's in the squad 🤣🤣

You know this is probably the only time in the last 25 years where it wouldn't mean automatic inclusion into the squad. Semi-regular appearances for Celtic and Rangers in the SPFL used to be enough as well. 

The likes of Wright, Welsh and Forrest would all be in the squad in years gone by.

12 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I think he’d be better off actually playing for the u21s than not playing for the first team. He played last night because Rangers played with a back three and Sands was suspended. He is still being used fairly sporadically in the Rangers first team, so getting games for the u21s would be good for him. 

7 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

You know this is probably the only time in the last 25 years where it wouldn't mean automatic inclusion into the squad. Semi-regular appearances for Celtic and Rangers in the SPFL used to be enough as well. 

The likes of Wright, Welsh and Forrest would all be in the squad in years gone by.

THIS.

We are passed the days where a couple of games for the OF means we want them in the squad. 

We should never rule out OF players, for example Mcregor is an important part of the first team  

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

THIS.

We are passed the days where a couple of games for the OF means we want them in the squad. 

We should never rule out OF players, for example Mcregor is an important part of the first team  

Why would OF players be ruled out? 😂