Season 21/22 - Page 88 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I do see big Rab wandering about 😂 Lee Wilkie and Jim McInally are also weel kent faces locally. Got to give it to Arbroath - they've been brilliant. I'm sitting opposite an Arbroath fan on the train back from Inverness 😂 Some gentle teasing going on but he's saying they're obviously delighted to have it their own hands and hoping for a really big travelling support.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/9/2022 at 10:30 PM, Toepoke said:

Exciting old day as the glob separated.

Still tense at the top end of the Championship but it looks like Raith have blown it.

Back in the game now though, courtesy of an injury time winner against Partick "couldn't hit a coos arse wi a banjo" Thistle.  🙄

At the other end of the table, Queen of the South look done for. They're now in the unenviable position of needing to win their next two games, as well as Thistle beating Dunfermline and Ayr, to stay up.

Given the Jags' current form I'd urge any Doonhamer, for the sake of his or her own health and wellbeing, not to hold their breath!

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I do see big Rab wandering about 😂 Lee Wilkie and Jim McInally are also weel kent faces locally. Got to give it to Arbroath - they've been brilliant. I'm sitting opposite an Arbroath fan on the train back from Inverness 😂 Some gentle teasing going on but he's saying they're obviously delighted to have it their own hands and hoping for a really big travelling support.

Good to hear.

I don't think I could ever say I was a 'fan' - unfair to the actual fans who go week in/out and followed them through a lot of shite ; but I'm a huge Arbroath part-time supporter, and for the last 15 years whenever home tried to fit in a home or close away game, but the last few years have just been tremendous. I'm at a wedding on the 29th, and hoping there will be a screen somewhere (or bring the laptop even).

Hear from a pal (proper Lichtie) that they've sold 900 already! Think the biggest away support might have been at Brechin a few years ago to seal promotion (was around 1300) so I'm thinking they'll beat that.

Here's to a decent game and McInnes to shite it as he always does 😃in the big games. ;)

53 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Great that Rovers are winning! Need them to still be in with a sniff of the playoffs for that last game of the season.

They won - the game was yesterday.

(By "back in the game" I meant they're back in play-off contention - I can see why you might have been confused though!)

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Not mush to read into really with that, but going by recent experience, it sounds like Motherwell “bois” thinking they’re big shots and actually achieving nothing. 

Will be interesting to see when they get their big boy pants on and actually face someone 🙄

Edited by dandydunn

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Will be interesting to see when they get their big boy pants on and actually face someone 🙄

Pretty certain that the wee Motherwell fannies jumped a few pensioners outside Dens this season, then the dozen of them got an absolute battering from the rest of the Dees. Think most of them were anorexic 15 year old twats, thinking they were tough, then they got what they deserved.

Rumours have it that it was the Rangers Ultras who did this. 

Union Bears or whatever the Feck they’re  called.

Edited by Jersey Jim
https://videocelts.com/2022/04/blogs/latest-news/union-bears-accused-of-attacking-family-groups-attending-ladies-spfl-match-at-motherwell/

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

Pretty certain that the wee Motherwell fannies jumped a few pensioners outside Dens this season, then the dozen of them got an absolute battering from the rest of the Dees. Think most of them were anorexic 15 year old twats, thinking they were tough, then they got what they deserved.

Not sure of their ages, but that attacked a bar in Aberdeen last year, knowing that it was full of people that had zero interest in a fight. 

They know exactly where to go for that, but refuse to go anywhere near it, that also attacked people with dog chains etc at fir park too then took off. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

VAR voted in with only one club in Scotland not voting in favour of it

It'd be interesting to see who that one club was.  The only reason i can think of is the financial implications to the clubs.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It'd be interesting to see who that one club was.  The only reason i can think of is the financial implications to the clubs.

I can see refereeing in Scotland becoming a bigger circus

32 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Clubs are prepared to pay an average of 130K a season each for this pish? The two faced fukers were pleading poverty a few months a go. 

It's going to be the biggest waste of money ever seen in Scottish football. You can just see John Beaton going to VAR and watching the most blatant penalty you will ever see but then Beaton waves play on🤣

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's going to be the biggest waste of money ever seen in Scottish football. You can just see John Beaton going to VAR and watching the most blatant penalty you will ever see but then Beaton waves play on🤣

Didn't realise John Hartson had a log in for the TAMB.

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

They should have just gone for the cheapo version. No need for any videos or any of that nonsense, just a sign saying "PENALTY RANGERS"

On 4/19/2022 at 1:27 PM, vanderark14 said:

I can see refereeing in Scotland becoming a bigger circus

Oh, they'll find a way to fuck it up, you can be sure of that.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, Toepoke said:

Partick Thistle apparently. 

I doubt it, we hardly ever get penalties (and when we do we usually miss them 🙄).

Then again, the club is currently being run by doolies, so who knows.