Season 21/22 - Page 91 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No, nobody was fined.  A number of clubs were calling for the league to be called when it was incomplete.  Dundee were last to vote.  Initially voted no, the vote was “lost”, I understand a phone call was made by the spfl (incorrect in my last post), and Dundee changed their mind and changed their vote to yes.  This caused the league to be called, Celtic given the championship despite not having won it, merely on currently being top, and hearts relegated as they happened to be last at the time the league was called.

it will go down as one of the most infamous episodes in Scottish football ever.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Rangers women. they have emulated the feat of their men's counterparts last year.

And have won the first title in their history..👍

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

No, nobody was fined.  A number of clubs were calling for the league to be called when it was incomplete.  Dundee were last to vote.  Initially voted no, the vote was “lost”, I understand a phone call was made by the spfl (incorrect in my last post), and Dundee changed their mind and changed their vote to yes.  This caused the league to be called, Celtic given the championship despite not having won it, merely on currently being top, and hearts relegated as they happened to be last at the time the league was called.

it will go down as one of the most infamous episodes in Scottish football ever.

What displeased you most, Celtic getting the league title or your 2nd team getting relegated?

7 minutes ago, dj mick said:

What displeased you most, Celtic getting the league title or your 2nd team getting relegated?

Difficult call….  My 1st team getting relegated probably, and then my second team’s dossier being ignored and Celtic being given a league that they didn’t actually win.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:07 AM, Malcolm said:

I have to say im delighted to see Dundee, dunfermline and cowdenbeath all facing relegation….. karma… take your medicine.

hunbelievable 😂

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I hope Arbroath and their plucky hyrbrid squad of journeymen can do the business 👍

tough one for me ; am old enough to remember Arbroath in the old top dvision - pre prem days , and would like to see them go up as have done really well this season / but also like to support northern / highland teams - even though they are a relatively "new" club to the set up - ICT that is = obviously they've been in prem a few times before and likely more set up for it ? - havent been to Gayfield since dons cup game in early 2000s ; imagine its been done up since ; seats added

Cracking win (and performance) from Edinburgh City tonight. 2-0 win at home to Annan, great chance of going up now. 
Thought maybe emptying Gary Naysmith a couple of months ago was the wrong time to do it, but Alan Maybury has found a system that seems to be working 👍🏼

50 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

CHAMPIONEEEEES, CHAMPIONEEEEES,

OLAY, OLAY, OLAYYYYYY

CHAMPIONEEEEES,

CHAMPIONEEEEES, 

OLAY, OLAY, OLAY.....

WE NEVER STOP!

WE NEVER STOP!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Well done. It was a poor start to the season but Ange did well to turn it around. I think Celtics January window was better than ours and that was a key factor. 

19 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Never have so many Motherwell fans simultaneously asked the same question.

How the fuck did we just qualify for Europe?

Plenty Arabs, including myself, asking the same thing! Think it’s more a reflection of a really shite league this season (bar the top three) rather than ‘Well and United doing well. Isn’t tonight just Motherwell’s second win since Boxing Day? Although I think United did well in the second half tonight, the first half was completely inept. 

Still, I’m sure we’ll both take it! 😉🌍

Edited by McTeeko

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Best team wins the league over the course of a season, can’t have any complaints. Impressive from Postecoglu to turn it round the way he has as other than a spell in January we weren’t that bad. 

Fair play FB. Should be a good fight next year aswell..👍

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Well done. It was a poor start to the season but Ange did well to turn it around. I think Celtics January window was better than ours and that was a key factor. 

Definitely.. Some quality signings indeed. Cheers mate..👍

Did Rangers run in Europe cost them the league and would they have swopped it ?

Malmo away then lost to Dundee Utd

Home to Lyon then drew with Motherwell

Dortmund away then drew with Dundee Utd

Home to Dortmund then drew with Motherwell

3pts out of a possible 12