The news thread - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes I watched him yesterday. A total arsehole who seemed oblivious to the slack gun laws in the US as blame for these shootings. Flung a hissy fit when pushed on banning guns. Jeez you'd think he was earning from the sales.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Cunt is too kind a word. 

Personally I would have said the sky journalist was the bigger cunt in that exchange. Cruz became visibly offended when he started talking down about the USA as a whole. The bodies are barely cold and he is pimping them out to score points in a very Sky News / Kay Burley cunty fashion.

Speaking of cunts though I've been sucked into the Johnny Depp trial. Wowzer. If ever they make a movie about the stitch up of Salmond, Amber Heard would be a natural to play Woman H. 'Cunt' is simply not enough to do her justice... mega-cunt or cuntzilla but something far bigger on the c-scale is required. My money is on Depp. Think he will take her to the cleaners.

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Personally I would have said the sky journalist was the bigger cunt in that exchange. Cruz became visibly offended when he started talking down about the USA as a whole. The bodies are barely cold and he is pimping them out to score points in a very Sky News / Kay Burley cunty fashion.

Speaking of cunts though I've been sucked into the Johnny Depp trial. Wowzer. If ever they make a movie about the stitch up of Salmond, Amber Heard would be a natural to play Woman H. 'Cunt' is simply not enough to do her justice... mega-cunt or cuntzilla but something far bigger on the c-scale is required. My money is on Depp. Think he will take her to the cleaners.

Meh, the journalist did harass him a bit but Cruz was being a condescending prick and definitely the bigger cunt . Only a real cunt would get more emotional about their country being criticised than children dying.  I say this as someone who hates the word cunt an only uses it in extreme circumstances. 

Have managed to avoid the Johnny/Amber fiasco thankfully but from what i have heard I dont think you are in the minority. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Well, she might have to dye her hair but, aye, Amber Heard might be a good shout for that part.

I haven't followed the trial too closely myself but I find it interesting that many women are taking Johnny Depp's side rather than Amber Heard's. I've found females tend to be very adapt at identifying bad yins amongst their number. Ma wee mammy once warned me to be very wary of women that other women don't like (if only I'd listened to her! 😭🤣).

28 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

My prayers have been answered and thevSNP kicked out of Edinburgh council… let’s hope some sanity returns to the Transport policy and we see the last of that subtrans London based company destroying Edinburgh.

Some people's stupidity often amazes ...

Ray Liotta dies aged 67

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Meh, the journalist did harass him a bit but Cruz was being a condescending prick and definitely the bigger cunt . Only a real cunt would get more emotional about their country being criticised than children dying.  I say this as someone who hates the word cunt an only uses it in extreme circumstances. 

Of course

Cruz is one of the most dangerous cunts on the planet and beating him is one of the few good things Trump achieved

It's a wonder how any sane person can think denegrating America's gun laws is point scoring unless they are reading alt-right websites daily

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

My prayers have been answered and thevSNP kicked out of Edinburgh council… let’s hope some sanity returns to the Transport policy and we see the last of that subtrans London based company destroying Edinburgh.

I think it's shocking the way Edinburgh's been turned into a tartan-dreeped theme park, with many locals priced out of both the housing market and a lot of the fun stuff that goes on, but do you think the Lab-Lib-Tory coalition will run the city any better?

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

I think it's shocking the way Edinburgh's been turned into a tartan-dreeped theme park, with many locals priced out of both the housing market and a lot of the fun stuff that goes on, but do you think the Lab-Lib-Tory coalition will run the city any better?

I don’t know, but I can’t imagine it being worse.  Edinburgh was much better when it was a Tory council which it was up until the 80s.  The snp have been hell bent on moving people out o cars and wasting millions on their hair brain schemes.

you need only look at the old photos of Edinburgh to see how beautiful the centre was in the past - its shocking what a shit hole it’s become .  I appreciate that some of the out of town estates were not maintained to the same standard.

we need a Rudolph guiliani to rescue us.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I don’t know, but I can’t imagine it being worse.  Edinburgh was much better when it was a Tory council which it was up until the 80s.  The snp have been hell bent on moving people out o cars and wasting millions on their hair brain schemes.

you need only look at the old photos of Edinburgh to see how beautiful the centre was in the past - its shocking what a shit hole it’s become .  I appreciate that some of the out of town estates were not maintained to the same standard.

we need a Rudolph guiliani to rescue us.

😂😂😂 

You are a pretty funny wind up merchant. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

A Tory/ Labour/Lib Dem coalition will achieve heehaw, they will be too busy bickering and trying to grandstand and when nothing happens it will be: 

‘ Wah, wah 😩 we havent got enough money from the nasty separatist government’. 

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-44a7cfb990feaa6ffe482483df6e4683

Seems to have been a lot of milling about outside the school. Which isn't best practices according to different countries where you're meant to engage immediatley as soon as shooting occurs.

No idea how US cops are trained though, maybe they were following their protocol

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Of course

Cruz is one of the most dangerous cunts on the planet and beating him is one of the few good things Trump achieved

It's a wonder how any sane person can think denegrating America's gun laws is point scoring unless they are reading alt-right websites daily

I get annoyed sometimes at reporters/journalists who are trying to take advantage of situations in order to make a name for themselves or humiliate someone for the sake of it. But this is not one of those situations. This is not a tragedy that has happened once and with no way of avoiding it. Cruz and his chums have systematically voted against these reforms despite knowing this could happen. I am pretty certain the parents of the children who have been killed dont give a fook that some reporter is badgering these people .  
If it was my child,  I would be hoping someone did a lot  more than stick a microphone under Cruz’s nose demanding to  know why the law hadn’t been changed. 

10 minutes ago, phart said:

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-44a7cfb990feaa6ffe482483df6e4683

Seems to have been a lot of milling about outside the school. Which isn't best practices according to different countries where you're meant to engage immediatley as soon as shooting occurs.

No idea how US cops are trained though, maybe they were following their protocol

https://i.redd.it/zdj1vk100t191.jpg

If the testimony is to be believed seems like a disaster. A survivor (child) saying the cops were shouting , "shout if you need help" before the gunman was engaged and someone shouted help from where they were hiding and the gunman shot and killed them, no wonder folk are going mental if this is known.

to be honest, hee haw is better than the alternative which is the snp making an arse of it.  

narrowing the streets to where i can barely squeeze my car down them

😩

This is not a tragedy that has happened once and with no way of avoiding it.

So many of these mass-shootings over the years.

No doubt many parents over these years would have been pro-gun folk.

So, I wonder what those pro-gun folk think after their child has been taken in such a way.

The very thing they believed in, took their child away.

43 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Have not a clue how the jury will go and never knew much about Johnny Depp before all of this... but I really like him. That's news to me! 😀

He's suing Amber heard for 50 million dollars. He'll win easy. 

Only heard bits and pieces. Can't believe its been strung out for 26 days the lawyers will be the real winners. 

She sounds like the domestic abuser. Coercive control. 

Depp says he's never laid a finger on her. 

Today the bruises photos of her face were proven to be edited. 

A picture of Chris Brown thumping Rihanna was mentioned. Amber Heard said she was abused on a heavier scale, burst lip etc. She did a TV interview the next day with no evidence of the attack. 

Kate Moss said Johnny Depp didn't push her down the stairs. Said he was a lovely guy. 

She shit on his side of the bed. 

Was in cahoots with TMZ magazine and paperazzi to destroy him. Telling them to be in certain place while not wearing make up. Send them an edited video which cut out bits of her laughing. The court saw the full thing. 

She was seen laughing with her girlfriend with no bruising on her face after their divorce. 

Lots of lies discredited by witnesses. Heard suggested they were committing perjury. 

I hope he wins the 50 million. Rinses her. And I hope this kick starts a male Me Too Movement. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

39 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Andy Fletcher Depeche mode keyboardist dies at 60.

Awful news. I've seen Depeche mode more than any other band, the highlight being a few years ago in the barrowland for the BBC 6 music festival.