The news thread - Page 31 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, kumnio said:

What a fucking cunt.

I was watching CNN today. I was utterly disgusted. Interviewing young children asking them how they felt, what did they do. One child described how his wee pal got shot in the face. How sick. These children should be in therapy, but No, it's all about the fucking TV ratings as far as CNN is concerned.  Also state Senators arguing about who has more shootings instead facing the obvious problem. All they give a fuck about is who has a bigger dick.. Fucking arrogant  narcissistic cunts the lot of them..

I'm off to see Alice Cooper at the hydro tomorrow. Can't wait. The guy's got one foot in the grave but he always looked like he'd crawled out of hell anyway. 

He also has a tremendous female lead guitarist in the band. 

The Cult, supporting act. I love 80s bands. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

What a fucking cunt.

The irony is, it was reported that guns were banned from the conference. Although i suspect that's a secret service thing since former president Trump was going to attend.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Wtf. 

I would like to know why people  in this country want to remain in this cesspit?

Can anyone on here that wants to remain part of the Uk explain to my why ? Anyone? There must be someone? 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Wtf. 

I would like to know why people  in this country want to remain in this cesspit?

Can anyone on here that wants to remain part of the Uk explain to my why ? Anyone? There must be someone? 

The current PM is terrible, but you don't just end a 300+ year union just because the current PM is an embarrassment. That would be like burning your house down because you've gone off your choice of wallpaper.

Besides, soon enough Johnson will be gone, and we'll have a PM we can be proud of. Like Winston Churchill.

As part of the UK, Scotland is respected throughout the world as a key member of the international community which is currently leading the fight against Russian aggression.

<something about the queen>

Finally, FTP WATP KAT.

3 hours ago, Dave78 said:

The current PM is terrible, but you don't just end a 300+ year union just because the current PM is an embarrassment. That would be like burning your house down because you've gone off your choice of wallpaper.

Besides, soon enough Johnson will be gone, and we'll have a PM we can be proud of. Like Winston Churchill.

As part of the UK, Scotland is respected throughout the world as a key member of the international community which is currently leading the fight against Russian aggression.

Finally, FTP WATP KAT.

😁

Britnats  aside, if it was just the current PM they might have a point, but England is voting in one dumplin after another , and worse still there seems no urgency or interest to change it. Johnson is ripping the piss and the apathy is breathtaking. Scotland has a chance to say ‘enough’ but the majority would rather settle for a PM  that breaks the rules he sets then changes the law to help get himself off the hook . There comes a time surely when going alone is a lesser gamble than remaining in a corrupt union . 

6 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Finally, FTP WATP KAT.

😂

According to social media our esteemed PM is going to reintroduce imperial measurements. I would be incredulous but Pippa Crerar is the source who has been very reliable on Partygate. I still think it's incredible but this Government has done things I thought I'd never see (and hoped I'd never see)...

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

According to social media our esteemed PM is going to reintroduce imperial measurements. I would be incredulous but Pippa Crerar is the source who has been very reliable on Partygate. I still think it's incredible but this Government has done things I thought I'd never see (and hoped I'd never see)...

It’s a dead cat and we can see this morning what it was designed to deflect from, more Partygate revelations - further parties and nobbling of the Sue Gray Report.

58 minutes ago, aaid said:

It’s a dead cat and we can see this morning what it was designed to deflect from, more Partygate revelations - further parties and nobbling of the Sue Gray Report.

I see the Mail is running a story about MP’s lining up Hunt as a replacement for Johnson. It’s probably a load of shite like most of the news in that paper but nor would I be the least bit surprised if it were true. 
 It’s also saying that rebels are waiting for the outcome of by elections on 23 June before submitting letters of no confidence. Honest tae fook , how about just doing the right bloody thing now than wait to see what outcome will save your job. 

Tom Larkin of SKY has heard that it is likely that the 54 letter threshold to the Tory Party Chairman will be hit

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Tom Larkin of SKY has heard that it is likely that the 54 letter threshold to the Tory Party Chairman will be hit

Recess this week, so Tory MPs will be back in their constituencies and "testing the water"

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The 54 letters doesn't mean much though. It will just trigger a vote, which he will win, and we are back to square one again. The only thing that will change anything is if the high heed yins decide they need a new leader before the next election. There isn't much democracy inside the Tory party. I would prefer Boris to stay, to be honest. 

21 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The 54 letters doesn't mean much though. It will just trigger a vote, which he will win, and we are back to square one again. 

Not necessarily.  Really comes down to the size of any victory.  If he loses by 1 vote, then he’s toast and out immediately.  If he picks up 80% of the MPs then he’s home free and his opponents will have to shut up and accept it.  What’s trickier are any result between those.  Something around say, 60% probably means he’s a dead man walking and would be gone within months.

Theresa May won her VOC with 63% of the vote and resigned three months later.

Given the situation that Johnson either lost a VOC or won it narrowly - and given his record for not playing to the rules - I wonder if he wouldn’t stand down and would instead call a snap general election and justify that as saying he would let the electorate decide.   That would be a complete scorched earth approach and could potentially damage the Tories for decades but I wouldn’t put it past him.  I suspect that if he can’t be PM, he doesn’t want to be an MP and doesn’t care about anyone other than himself. 

I’m not sure about the rules of the Tory party over what happens if a leader loses a VOC and refuses to stand down, can they be removed “by force” but since the Fixed Parliament Act has been repealed a government can call an election at any time they want.

In 1977 the spell of Unionism, Britishnesss and Monarchy was spread widely - despite there still being fucking slums

In 2022 that same spell only exists amongst the people in Scotland that will always vote No even if they knew they would be better off in an Independent Scotland

Everyone else couldnt give a fuck

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

im definitely real… here is a wee pic of king Kenny captaining a glasgow select playing a silver jubilee celebration 

image.jpeg.b7d41f8dbccb2a5f43698481f9e7e141.jpeg

Unlikely. (If I had commissioned the most honking strip imaginable I am pretty sure it would look like that above. That is beyond hideous.)

I dont know one person that is attending a jubilee event. If they are they are not admitting it. Though my neighbours will definitely have something on, there was a picture of them in the Daily Mail a few years ago when there was some other British commemoration , he was dressed like Biggles and she had a UJ hat on . It was like a tea party, must have been a war commemoration . I nearly spat out my Scottish Blend when i saw it.