The news thread - Page 170 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

I know being a 'shock jock' was the in thing at the time but how did this pass for humour and  how did he get away with this pish? She should have lamped the prick.

I guess because people just saw it as part of his "act". A bit like when Julian Clary said he'd been fisting Norman Lamont at the Brit Awards (I think) and loads of people found that hilarious.

Aside from the allegations - Is there anyone north of Watford, never mind Scotland, that actually liked him ?

When i mean like i dont mean some of the times when he has been in the News for his political rants that you agreed with

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Aside from the allegations - Is there anyone north of Watford, never mind Scotland, that actually liked him ?

When i mean like i dont mean some of the times when he has been in the News for his political rants that you agreed with

I honestly can't remember laughing at anything he said. Could someone share a link when he said something funny, just in case it's my memory..

Yes, quite unfunny as a comedian. Interesting to listen to up to a point as fairly smart (even though he flowered everything up to appear smart) but would agree with most of his political comment and stuff he did around the referendum on the trews and calling out the media…….. but don’t think I’ve ever laughed at him.

5 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Yes, quite unfunny as a comedian. Interesting to listen to up to a point as fairly smart (even though he flowered everything up to appear smart) but would agree with most of his political comment and stuff he did around the referendum on the trews and calling out the media…….. but don’t think I’ve ever laughed at him.

Iv always just thought of him as a mouthy cunt who could do with a bath

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I’ve never ever seen what his appeal was supposed to be.   

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

He has always made my skin crawl , his hair looks like it is infested with nits. Not remotely funny either and not remotely surprised at the allegations.

The question on mostly everyone's lips is why now ?

As the Vanessa Feltz clip shows there must have been plenty times in the last 15-20 years where he could have been outed

Also has anyone explained why (seemingly) the Police were the last to be informed and he has been tried by media ? 

Have the Police ignored previous complaints (presumably as it would have been The Met not surprising) ?

6 hours ago, Och Aye said:

I know being a 'shock jock' was the in thing at the time but how did this pass for humour and  how did he get away with this pish? She should have lamped the prick.

watched that for first time / as most folk commenting ; never much liked the guy tbh

but that brand of edgy/sleazy 'humour' seemed acceptable ; 'laddish' ? at the time ; feel that the jimmy saville 'hiding in plain sight' awareness and subsequent trial by media has him donald ducked

On 9/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, Rich NATA said:

See Liz Truss's big speech today?   F*cking bonkers.

After what happened last year, I can't believe she's even seen in public.   She can't enjoy the ridicule, surely?

She’s obvious to it, she claims it was other people who made all the mistakes 🤯

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The question on mostly everyone's lips is why now ?

As the Vanessa Feltz clip shows there must have been plenty times in the last 15-20 years where he could have been outed

Also has anyone explained why (seemingly) the Police were the last to be informed and he has been tried by media ? 

Have the Police ignored previous complaints (presumably as it would have been The Met not surprising) ?

Who knows. Its not the first time allegations have been made against someone years after the offences took place. And its the usual media frenzy of guilty till proven innocent.
For my part I have always found him an egotistical maniac . He thinks  he can get away with doing and saying whatever he wants , constantly pushing boundaries regardless of the situation. Rightly or wrongly, this makes its much easier for people to believe he is capable of the allegations. 

Bonkers seems to be all the rage nowadays.

russel brand was a horny shagger never short of a volunteer or three ? I thought that was his career after I first heard of him as a manic mouth in , I believe, a program for folk addicted to the big brother show. He’s obviously been to places he now regrets . Not at all surprised to see that media whore Feltz drag out some of her favourite footage with as much bap on show as possible to rattle a bit of victim attention. 

They’ve already revealed last centuries casting couch was indeed a method for folk wither power to exploit whichever way they wanted. 
what we knew as Beasting in our ruling classes Private Schools actually produced loads of poor Nicky Campbell like victims. Not a beast among them . Expect mebbies a few dead ones or the odd one in Australia or South Africa. None in positions of power . Nah 

see king Charlie , jimmy’ Saville best mate although jimmy preferred his Christmas celebrations with Margaret Thatcher , was taken down the Champs Elysee this afternoon. No traffic except the cavalry. 

44 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Maybe, but it's hard to understand how it could be.

The only thing i can think of (apart from her having a racist sub-conscious) is that if you look at the picture still there are other girls behind the line of medal winners - i.e non winners