Oliver McBurnie - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

Taylor1996

I don't think McBurnie will be in the squad for a few reasons - his rehab on his injury may be reason alone but also I think Clarke and his team should be compassionate and give him the summer to get counseling to help with this recent issue, anger management or some professional help. I don't think the lad is mental, and even if he was I think in this day and age we can have dignity towards people with mental illness. We don't know all the facts of what happened but it didn't appear to be entirely self defense so he needs help in how to behave in public. Covid is causing all sorts of issues also,it's just not a good time for anyone other than the likes of Bezos and power grabbing elites. 

33 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I don't think McBurnie will be in the squad for a few reasons - his rehab on his injury may be reason alone but also I think Clarke and his team should be compassionate and give him the summer to get counseling to help with this recent issue, anger management or some professional help. I don't think the lad is mental, and even if he was I think in this day and age we can have dignity towards people with mental illness. We don't know all the facts of what happened but it didn't appear to be entirely self defense so he needs help in how to behave in public. Covid is causing all sorts of issues also,it's just not a good time for anyone other than the likes of Bezos and power grabbing elites. 

Yes, there's always the big picture.

24 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I think compassion and grace is a good move, still not all the facts are known other than to the witnesses but the public embarrassment alone can often be punishment enough. 

7 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I think compassion and grace is a good move, still not all the facts are known other than to the witnesses but the public embarrassment alone can often be punishment enough. 

I just hope McBurnie learns from this and grows as a person... as well as a footballer. 

It's up to him, though. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

I think everyone is blowing this out of all proportion.

The guy was getting verbally abused for a sustained period of time. Not just the one incident as they are on different streets in the footage.

He has decided that he doesnt need to accept the abuse and his given the other lad a slap and a kick.

The vast majority of us have done worse and been proud of it.

I for one have no issue with players scrapping when being abused. Ive more issue with them drink driving etc

18 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think everyone is blowing this out of all proportion.

The guy was getting verbally abused for a sustained period of time. Not just the one incident as they are on different streets in the footage.

He has decided that he doesnt need to accept the abuse and his given the other lad a slap and a kick.

The vast majority of us have done worse and been proud of it.

I for one have no issue with players scrapping when being abused. Ive more issue with them drink driving etc

Agree.After watching and listening to that video,those guys that were verbally abusing McBurnie were asking for a seriously good seeing to,and that's what they got.Still laughing thinking about their faces when they saw McBurnie marching towards them.Snivelling little shits.

27 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Bet there's a lot of happy people here.

The lad is heartbroken (as any Scotland supporter would be if they missed out playing at a tournament) and yet there's pages and pages of bile.

Congrats.

I bet there isn't but whatever makes you feel all warm and smug 

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He won't be a miss IMO. We've got better strikers who will start ahead of him. 

Sad for him but zero loss and we will have a better squad because of it to be brutally honest. 

If he wasn’t injured he wouldn’t be in consideration after his recent arrest anyway in all likelihood. 

Gutted for him. He is going through a ruff patch and now missing out on the euros as well. 

It doesn't matter if you think he is good enough or not, he would of been in the squad if he was OK. He scored in the shootout and played a part in getting us there. Hopefully he comes back stronger mentally and maybe a season in the championship will help him get his scoring boots back on. 

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He won't be a miss IMO. We've got better strikers who will start ahead of him. 

Not many though, unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, stitch said:

Gutted for him. He is going through a ruff patch and now missing out on the euros as well. 

It doesn't matter if you think he is good enough or not, he would of been in the squad if he was OK. He scored in the shootout and played a part in getting us there. Hopefully he comes back stronger mentally and maybe a season in the championship will help him get his scoring boots back on. 

Aye, he's had a bit of bad time of things recently, this being the latest knock-back.  Hopefully his luck changes soon.

5 hours ago, stitch said:

Aye, on a human level it's a real shame for the guy.  He must be so disappointed.

Most of us were probably behind the couch when he stepped forward to take that penalty but he rolled it in without a problem.  That took some bottle as the pressure on him in particular must've been enormous.

I'm not a fan of his at all but would love to be proved wrong some day.