Oliver McBurnie - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

Taylor1996

32 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

That was after your suspension. And you said that you signed 15 years. Your account says Feb, 2020.

Yes, you ran to the mods.

No, I didn’t get suspended or even warned.

Clear enough?

Now, can you say that you’ve never been warned, suspended or banned from here?

21 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Anyway.

Enough of people changing the topic.

Hopefully Oliver McBurnie is back for the Euros. :)

There’s probably more chance of me getting a call up than McBurnie being in our Euros squad at this point. 

Just now, Tiny Tim said:

Yes, you ran to the mods.

No, I didn’t get suspended or even warned.

Clear enough?

Now, can you say that you’ve never been warned, suspended or banned from here?

Ok, Mr I-signed-up-15-years-ago-but-my-account-says-that-I-registered-February-9-2020.

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

There’s probably more chance of me getting a call up than McBurnie being in our Euros squad at this point. 

Because of the injury or the arrest?

The lad has not let Scotland down (by always turning up) from u19, u21 and senior level.

It would be a shame if Adams (who played mo part in getting us to Euro 2020) took his place.. and took Dyke's place, too.

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

You mean "Online abuse, in all forms, is abuse. Doesnt matter the content or the victim. It shouldn't be tolerated."

Yes. I can see how that's hard to decipher. 

It’s not that it’s hard to decipher, sure online abuse is bad but I’m sure it’s the least of Mcburnie’s concern, now or ever, don’t like online abuse, go offline 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

2 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I’ve answered all your questions honestly.

Aren't you going to answer mine?

For months you have it in your mind that I was born in 1996. I've told you numerous times that you are mistaken.

It makes no difference to your thinking.

So why should I answer you? History has shown that you believe what you want to believe.

11 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Because of the injury or the arrest?

The lad has not let Scotland down (by always turning up) from u19, u21 and senior level.

It would be a shame if Adams (who played mo part in getting us to Euro 2020) took his place.. and took Dyke's place, too.

Both. I’ll be very surprised if he’s in the squad. He definitely won’t be if he gets charged with assault.

Even if he is selected he won’t get much of a look in at the tournament so he won’t be major loss if he doesn’t make it. 

Adams, however, will be in the squad (barring an injury) and will likely play a part in all 3 matches. As will Dykes. 

You clearly don’t want Adams in the squad but he will be so I guess you’ll just need to lump it. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Both. I’ll be very surprised if he’s in the squad. He definitely won’t be if he gets charged with assault.

Even if he is selected he won’t get much of a look in at the tournament so he won’t be major loss if he doesn’t make it. 

Adams, however, will be in the squad (barring an injury) and will likely play a part in all 3 matches. As will Dykes. 

You clearly don’t want Adams in the squad but he will be so I guess you’ll just need to lump it. 

For his commitment, I want him to make it.

It could be more than 3 matches. Who knows.

Adams, I don't rate as a player.

Add to the fact that he only elected to play for us when we qualified for the Euros. It doesnt sit well with me 

There's every chance that he'll retire from international football after Euro 2020.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Add to the fact that he only elected to play for us when we qualified for the Euros. It doesnt sit well with me 

There's every chance that he'll retire from international football after Euro 2020.

Yeah three group games I should have said. I’m looking no further ahead than that. Been there too many times before. 

Commitment only takes you so far. It hasn’t exactly made him put in a single good performance in a Scotland shirt. The guy’s head is obviously up his own arse and he is on the verge of pissing his career down the drain. I genuinely hope he gets it together but there’s a very real possibility that he could be heading to prison. 

As for Adams, speculating that he could retire from internationals after the euros is ridiculous. He could go on to get 50 caps for all you know. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah three group games I should have said. I’m looking no further ahead than that. Been there too many times before. 

Commitment only takes you so far. It hasn’t exactly made him put in a single good performance in a Scotland shirt. The guy’s head is obviously up his own arse and he is on the verge of pissing his career down the drain. I genuinely hope he gets it together but there’s a very real possibility that he could be heading to prison. 

As for Adams, speculating that he could retire from internationals after the euros is ridiculous. He could go on to get 50 caps for all you know. 

I know, but commitment has to count for something. Tierney and Fraser have taken pelters on here for pulling out so many times in the past.

I watched the Serbia again last week. He didn't do as badly as people say. Has he played well for us? No. But people forget that he hit the crossbar in two back-to-back matches.

I hope he pulls himself together. 

We'll see. Personally, I don't trust him or  his commitment. He could've easily have played for us the three times that he turned us down.

People might not like it, he's the same standard as McBurnie. McBurnie actually has a better career scoring record, goals per game.

Edited by Taylor1996

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

We all know the reasons you don't rate Adams or Armstrong & it's got very little to do with their footballing ability

As for this line 'There's every chance that he'll retire from international football after Euro 2020' 🤣🤣🤣 I really don't know why you bother writing such ridiculous boring nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

We all know the reasons you don't rate Adams or Armstrong & it's got very little to do with their footballing ability

As for this line 'There's every chance that he'll retire from international football after Euro 2020' 🤣🤣🤣 I really don't know why you bother writing such ridiculous boring nonsense. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that history shows that people will believe what they want to believe.

Armstrong. I don't like because he cost us a famous win against England.

Adams. I don't rate as he's not a good striker. He's had one season where he's hit double figures.

(Not sure how many times I have to repeat it)

Are you from the future? How do you know I'm wrong?

Edited by Taylor1996

54 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Jesus Christ, that's who.

Ah, well... I had a notification that you had mentioned me, and I couldn't remember posting in this thread so I'd thought I'd ask for clarity to save time and avoid confusion.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I know, but commitment has to count for something. Tierney and Fraser have taken pelters on here for pulling out so many times in the past.

I watched the Serbia again last week. He didn't do as badly as people say. Had he played well for us? No. But people forget that he hit the crossbar in two back-to-back matches.

I hope he pulls himself together. 

We'll see. Personally, I don't trust him or  his commitment. He could've easily have played for us the three times that he turned us down.

People might not like it, he's the same standard as McBurnie. McBurnie actually has a better career scoring record, goals per game.

Don’t you want Tierney or Fraser in the squad then?  

Adams has been selected whether you trust him or not. People are allowed to change their minds. People who are eligible to play for more than one country do it all the time. In fact, your mate Dykes was well up for playing for Australia up until fairly recently. 

I am willing to give Adams a chance to prove himself. 

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Ah, well... I had a notification that you had mentioned me, and I couldn't remember posting in this thread so I'd thought I'd ask for clarity to save time and avoid confusion.

Oh.

Sorry. I actually quoted one of your threads. I think it was your thread.

The "he" I was referring to was me.

Sorry for the confusion. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Don’t you want Tierney or Fraser in the squad then?  

Adams has been selected whether you trust him or not. People are allowed to change their minds. People who are eligible to play for more than one country do it all the time. In fact, your mate Dykes was well up for playing for Australia up until fairly recently. 

I am willing to give Adams a chance to prove himself. 

Where did I suggest that?

Yeah, Adams is literally an England C international. The only way he would be able to force his way into that squad if England had 15/20 injuries. 

Fact is, Dykes picked us over Australia. Adams only had one choice.

Fair enough. 

10 hours ago, Flipping eck said:

What parts of his game do you think he needs to improve at?

He has no ball control. Runs around like a headless  chicken..  Always caught ball watching and is useless in the air.. His first touch is that of a butcher...

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He has no ball control. Runs around like a headless  chicken..  Always caught ball watching and is useless in the air.. His first touch is that of a butcher...

I'm quite sure Christie is in the squad.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

It would show that you have no fear of Tiny Tim being correct.

He doesnt believe me when I tell him I wasnt born in 1996.

Why would he believe anything else?

He only believes what he wants to believe. History has shown that. It's a running theme with some people in this place.