How the squad faired in the weekend: - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How the squad faired in the weekend:

Taylor1996

3 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Is Sergej in Serbia? People on Twitter were saying he was already there when he was playing for Lazio!

According to the Daily Record he's in Serbia. Honestly, though? We'll only really know on Thursday what the deal is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/serbia-star-duo-scotland-playoff-22978683.amp

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

"However, reports from Serbia indicate that both Kolarov and Milinkovic-Savic had left Italy before the measures were taken."

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

"However, reports from Serbia indicate that both Kolarov and Milinkovic-Savic had left Italy before the measures were taken."

All Serbs playing in Italy will play against Scotland (if fit). All the players can be told is they are not to travel. Meh. They did that at the last international break and Ronaldo and six Juventus players travelled anyway in private jets for international duty. All they will get is a fine - nothing else.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

All Serbs playing in Italy will play against Scotland (if fit). All the players can be told is they are not to travel. Meh. They did that at the last international break and Ronaldo and six Juventus players travelled anyway in private jets for international duty. All they will get is a fine - nothing else.

I don't actually mind. I'd prefer to beat them with their full-strength team. With what they've said in the press, I hope they're in tears by Thursday evening.

10 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

On his own?  Must have played really well! ;)

Pity Souttar plumped for Australia as he's been a beast for Stoke so far in a back three.  

lol

I know. He'll be in the EPL in a couple of years, with or without Stoke.... Or a year, if Stoke get promotion this season.

25 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Hanley out. Not that he would have started. 

Yes Hanley and Fraser ruled out. At least Clarke must have what side he willstart with already firmly in his mind. The Serbian coach though cannot be at that stage as he waits on several hurdles for his players to clear before the picture becomes clearer for him.

Ok my view of weekend

GK and defence

Marshall, playing well usually behind  a dodgy defence in a struggling team 7

Gordon: Ok but against ICT 7

McLaughlin: Did he actually touch the ball? (pass backs exempted) N/A

McKenna clean sheet and good ratings. 8

Cooper. Aahhh, no further comment. 4

Tierney, see Cooper but unusually poor performance 5

Robertson, looked like the best Liverpool defender 8

Gallagher: struggled against Celtic’s forwards ( !!!) but decent goal 6

Considine: Solid but need to look at the quality of the opposition. 6

O’donnell: See Gallagher but without the goal. 5

Midfield

McGinn: super strike ruled out and carried the game well. Outshone Tierney and Arsenal midfield 9

McGregor: Ok but did not dominate the game against well.  7

Christie: see McGregor

Jack; Self isolated in defensive midfield in first half ( No Accies players anywhere near him ) and subbed at half time 7

McTominey: In this section as he played in MF for Man utd. Always the same 100%, very successful. 9

McLean: No idea, did he play?

Forwards

Dykes, another penalty scored. Good for confidence

McBurnie, ineffective after coming on at Chelsea

Burke, thank God the bench at Chelsea is comfortable

Griffiths: No idea if he came on, if yes then no impact

Shankland: Why do I keep this guy in my fantasy team? Another duck egg.

Don’t think I have missed anybody out.

11 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Ok my view of weekend

GK and defence

Midfield

McGinn: super strike ruled out and carried the game well. Outshone Tierney and Arsenal midfield 9

Jack; Self isolated in defensive midfield in first half ( No Accies players anywhere near him ) and subbed at half time 7

McTominey: In this section as he played in MF for Man utd. Always the same 100%, very successful. 9

Forwards

McLean started and played the full game against Swansea. Not sure how he played though. 

Griffiths’ arse did not leave the Fir Park bench. 

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Ok my view of weekend

GK and defence

Midfield

Forwards

Bored so here are the who scored ratings to amuse some one equally bored

Marshall              6.0

Gordon:              n/a

McLaughlin:        6.8    26 out of 26 passes completed and a clean sheet but a pinch of salt needed.

McKenna            7.2

Cooper.              6.2

Palmer                7.1

Taylor                 n/a

Tierney,              6.1

Robertson,          6.4

Gallagher:           7.4      goal will have helped his rating

Considine:          7.2     entire Aberdeen team got high ratings, were they that good?

O’donnell:           6.2

Midfield

McGinn:             7.3

McGregor:         6.6

Christie:             7.2

Jack;                  7.4

McTominey:       7.0

McLean:            7.1

Armstrong        8.4 (M0M)

Forwards

Dykes,               6.5

McBurnie          5.8

Burke             ,  n/a 

Griffiths            n/a

Shankland:       6.1

Paterson           6.2

Ratings are based on the quality of the league so a 5.8 epl striker is probably better than a 6.1 SPL striker

16 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hopefully Marshalls confidence doesn't take a hit playing in that terrible Derby team. 

It can work both ways...he's been getting lots of action and despite his error at the weekend, he has been getting praised for some good performances.  Without wanting to signal him out, would you really want McLaughlin playing when he's probably not had to make 10 saves all season? 

Guest ElChris04
16 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Ok my view of weekend

GK and defence

Midfield

Forwards

On a light note, me and you both mate.. even named my FPL team “Shawshankland Redemption” thinking he was having a 80+ point season in him at the beginning.

every cloud knowing you’re not the only one eh ahaha.

4 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

It can work both ways...he's been getting lots of action and despite his error at the weekend, he has been getting praised for some good performances.  Without wanting to signal him out, would you really want McLaughlin playing when he's probably not had to make 10 saves all season? 

Yeh I ain't suggesting dropping him or anything. It's just a shame that our main keeper could be playing league 1 next season. I think he's too good for that level. I am Surprised celtic didn't take a chance on him. 

25 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh I ain't suggesting dropping him or anything. It's just a shame that our main keeper could be playing league 1 next season. I think he's too good for that level. I am Surprised celtic didn't take a chance on him. 

And Gordon may be making the opposite journey. Really don't think we need worry about our goalkeepers for a few years. 

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

And Gordon may be making the opposite journey. Really don't think we need worry about our goalkeepers for a few years. 

Worry? Are you suggesting we have brilliant goalkeepers because we clearly don't. As much as I am a fan of Marshall or Gordon it would be nice to have a goalkeeper playing at a high level. Marshall could be playing league 1 next season and Gordon will be a spl level at best for the remainder of his short career. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Worry? Are you suggesting we have brilliant goalkeepers because we clearly don't. As much as I am a fan of Marshall or Gordon it would be nice to have a goalkeeper playing at a high level. Marshall could be playing league 1 next season and Gordon will be a spl level at best for the remainder of his short career. 

Jordan Pickford is playing at a high level  but he is making a lot of mistakes. Wouldn't swap Marshall for him. 

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Jordan Pickford is playing at a high level  but he is making a lot of mistakes. Wouldn't swap Marshall for him. 

Pickford might make mistakes but he would walk into our team tomorrow. Just because we have had a wee run of results doesn't mean Marshall is a top keeper. There's a reason he's only played one season in the epl. Pickford is under alot of scrutiny because he's Englands no. 1 and therefore any mistakes he makes are magnified by a relentless media. We would love to have a Pickford level keeper in our squad and its madness to suggest a guy who has never played more than one top flight season is better. 

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Pickford might make mistakes but he would walk into our team tomorrow. Just because we have had a wee run of results doesn't mean Marshall is a top keeper. There's a reason he's only played one season in the epl. Pickford is under alot of scrutiny because he's Englands no. 1 and therefore any mistakes he makes are magnified by a relentless media. We would love to have a Pickford level keeper in our squad and its madness to suggest a guy who has never played more than one top flight season is better. 

Pickford is a bomb scare and I honestly would NOT love to have him.