#OorLadsOorTelly - campaign to get Scotland's games on Scotland's tv - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

#OorLadsOorTelly - campaign to get Scotland's games on Scotland's tv

Bzzzz

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes on Sky channels. Now surely if that is the case Sky should have no qualms with it being screened live on BBC Scotland or STV? And surely that being the case either the BBC or STV should be making a move to secure the match.

This is an opportunity for Sky to bump up their advertising revenues and will want as many viewers as possible. So no incentive to allow bbc or itv to take those viewers. Still great news though.

Dont want to be a party pooper as any help is a bonus, and it is a great win for Bzzz and friends, but how many Sky customers dont actually have Sky sports anyway ?

I take it you need to be subscribed to Sky or buy their packages through some other provider to get access ?  

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Dont want to be a party pooper as any help is a bonus, and it is a great win for Bzzz and friends, but how many Sky customers dont actually have Sky sports anyway ?

I take it you need to be subscribed to Sky or buy their packages through some other provider to get access ?  

Sky Pick is on freeview. 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Nah it's on freeview mate :)

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes on Sky channels. Now surely if that is the case Sky should have no qualms with it being screened live on BBC Scotland or STV? And surely that being the case either the BBC or STV should be making a move to secure the match.

Is there any difference? Pick is on all freeview which vast majority of U.K households now have so it's as free to air as you can get.

Good stuff from Sky, now up to team to make sure they do themselves justice infront of bigger audience (let's face it half of new audience will be tuning in to watch another Scotland near miss from doing something at international level).

Just now, Tartan Chris said:

Is there any difference? Pick is on all freeview which vast majority of U.K households now have so it's as free to air as you can get.

No there isn't but there are a fair few OAP's etc who cannot remember what channel Sky Pick is on their TV's and won't know how/where to find it. To a good fair few only the main channels exist.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No there isn't but there are a fair few OAP's etc who cannot remember what channel Sky Pick is on their TV's and won't know how/where to find it. To a good fair few only the main channels exist.

If they are that forgetful they'll probably forget the game is on anyway and just be confused about why Billy Bremner isnae playing.

I think your comments are very disrespectful to the older generation. They are not as daft as they want you to think they are.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If they are that forgetful they'll probably forget the game is on anyway and just be confused about why Billy Bremner isnae playing.

I think your comments are very disrespectful to the older generation. They are not as daft as they want you to think they are.

No I know of some who won't deviate from the tried and trusted channels. Sorry if you think that my thoughts/post was disrespectful.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I know of some who won't deviate from the tried and trusted channels. Sorry if you think that my thoughts/post was disrespectful.

If they won't deviate from the tried and trusted channels maybe they won't want to deviate from the programs they would normally watch. Plenty folk have no interest in watching football. There is no need for it to be on any more than one free channel. One is plenty. The folk who have worked hard to make this happen deserve our appreciation. Stop fukin whingin. ;)

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

If they won't deviate from the tried and trusted channels maybe they won't want to deviate from the programs they would normally watch. Plenty folk have no interest in watching football. There is no need for it to be on any more than one free channel. One is plenty. The folk who have worked hard to make this happen deserve our appreciation. Stop fukin whingin. ;)

Calm doon. Scroll back and have already heartily praised Bzzzz for making this happen. Have you?

On 10/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, TDYER63 said:

It’s a great idea. It beggars belief we get an England friendly but have to pay to see our own country in a massive game like this at a time when we are being asked to stay at home and so many people are/will be struggling for cash. 

With very little to look forward to this winter and such uncertainty with Covid this is something that IS within someone’s control . Everyone is having to do their bit , TV stations could take the lead and show some integrity. 

On 10/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, Orraloon said:

:lol:

Good luck with that.

There is a Santa afterall. Try filling that glass up more often 😊

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I think you’re being a bit ageist there mate. 

I’m sure the vast majority of old people  could find a TV channel if they are interested in watching the football. 

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I assume the tried and trusted channels will be giving detailed information on what channel Pick is on.

Actually moved this week, used to be 14 I think but now 34.

14 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Virtually nobody in Scotland who wants to see this game will miss it. That is an excellent result.

Exactly! there is much so apathy towards the national team and as much as anything that's because fowk cannae watch the games on the telly! just think how many fitba supporters there are out there, people might moan and spout the usual "Scotland's s***e" rubbish but if it's on fowk will watch and see if we win and qualify? there'll be a few more fowk enjoying that and that's the aim, get the nation behind oor national team and hopefully the nation as a whole might get a wee lift and in times like these, well that'd be just fantastic!

We know this isn't a normal situation and we know that Sky aren't now going to start showing the games free but it's a start and maybe the corporation that takes oor licence fees might note the viewing figures and think a bit more carefully about our coverage... We must be the only nation in the world that doesn't show ANY live games involving OUR OWN national team but "gets to watch" oor neighbours and biggest rivals, it's an absolute joke if you think about it and it's high time that changed. It's a clear decision being made somewhere up the line, we are now giving them a bigger decision to make and the campaign will continue. 

Now the whole nation can get behind the team, bring it on! WE CAN DO THIS! 

9 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Exactly! there is much so apathy towards the national team and as much as anything that's because fowk cannae watch the games on the telly! just think how many fitba supporters there are out there, people might moan and spout the usual "Scotland's s***e" rubbish but if it's on fowk will watch and see if we win and qualify? there'll be a few more fowk enjoying that and that's the aim, get the nation behind oor national team and hopefully the nation as a whole might get a wee lift and in times like these, well that'd be just fantastic!

We know this isn't a normal situation and we know that Sky aren't now going to start showing the games free but it's a start and maybe the corporation that takes oor licence fees might note the viewing figures and think a bit more carefully about our coverage... We must be the only nation in the world that doesn't show ANY live games involving OUR OWN national team but "gets to watch" oor neighbours and biggest rivals, it's an absolute joke if you think about it and it's high time that changed. It's a clear decision being made somewhere up the line, we are now giving them a bigger decision to make and the campaign will continue. 

Well said Bzzzz. More positivity and less negativity about our national football team. Positivity breeds confidence which breeds enhanced performance which breeds higher self-esteem which goes a long way to breeding better results.

5 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Which was the last Scotland game on FTA not involving playing another home nation team, Georgia in 2007?