Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The amount of pish being spouted on this thread is tedious, to say the least

The non TA section was always a difficult read, ramy and RH have made it unbearable. Every now and then youll get some chat about football but its very rare. Two mutants spam this section every s

Hopefully that have to stay there and forfeit games

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That’s a artificial pitch that can’t handle snow or rain. 
 

It was called off a week past Saturday too 🤬

Absolute joke. Frozen pitch last time. Game wouldn't have been called off last time with grass and undersoil heating. No one to blame other than the Scottish League bigwigs who allow these shitty pitches in the top league. Been to Hamilton v Motherwell a couple of times won't be back til they revert to grass. Not football as we know it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Absolute joke. Frozen pitch last time. Game wouldn't have been called off last time with grass and undersoil heating. No one to blame other than the Scottish League bigwigs who allow these shitty pitches in the top league. Been to Hamilton v Motherwell a couple of times won't be back til they revert to grass. Not football as we know it. 

Agree with that. I’ve made several visits to New Douglas Park and I’ve yet to see an outbreak of football! An absolute abomination of a surface.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Agree with that. I’ve made several visits to New Douglas Park and I’ve yet to see an outbreak of football! An absolute abomination of a surface.

Outbreak of football with Hamilton v Motherwell 🤣

Agree about the plastic pitches, Surely they should be able to handle rain, not as tho the water has to drain through earth/mud to get away, maybe the little black powder/beads you see kicking up during games blocks the draining process 🤯

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Outbreak of football with Hamilton v Motherwell 🤣

Agree about the plastic pitches, Surely they should be able to handle rain, not as tho the water has to drain through earth/mud to get away, maybe the little black powder/beads you see kicking up during games blocks the draining process 🤯

From a screenshot I’ve seen, the player seems to be saying the pitch was frozen solid underneath all the water. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

From a screenshot I’ve seen, the player seems to be saying the pitch was frozen solid underneath all the water. 

Obviously no under plastic heating & shite drainage, what we’re the prerequisites for allowing plastic pitches 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

The standard of artificial pitches differs greatly.

Livingston is without doubt the worst ive ever player on. Its uneven, super dry and your foot sticks all the time. Under no circumstances should it be used for any kind of top level football.

Ive played on some really good artificial pitches that id much rather see being used than uneven mud grass pitches. An artificial pitch needs continued investment in it though. Its not just lay and leave. I suspect thats how alot of Scottish clubs see it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

The standard of artificial pitches differs greatly.

Livingston is without doubt the worst ive ever player on. Its uneven, super dry and your foot sticks all the time. Under no circumstances should it be used for any kind of top level football.

Ive played on some really good artificial pitches that id much rather see being used than uneven mud grass pitches. An artificial pitch needs continued investment in it though. Its not just lay and leave. I suspect thats how alot of Scottish clubs see it though.

I took my seniors to Livi last year and it is ok for that age.  I was only at the side of the park but no good for top level.  We won 2-1 in the Scottish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I took my seniors to Livi last year and it is ok for that age.  I was only at the side of the park but no good for top level.  We won 2-1 in the Scottish.

Honestly, its totally different when you run about on it. I couldnt believe it. Ive played on a good few of the 4g in the spfl setup and most are decent. Miles better than Livi.

It randomly just dips and the "grass" is so long that your foor either sticks or gives way but you dont know which one its gonna be. Im hugely surprised theres not been more injuries on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Presume that means the £500K each club in the championship got in the last two weeks to keep them going, goes back to the Scottish Governement then? Anyone want a sweepstake on which club goes tits up first? 

Maxwell presumably trying to take the heat off the Doncaster after his shocker this week.

At least I suppose they are asking this time.....

Edited by Stu101
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55681330

I’m sure I’d have said it here at the time? (Who would know football fans to be fickle and change their position?)

I was never comfortable with Motherwell being given 6 points and would have preferred to have won them on the park, ... but.... 😂

If we had just replayed the original games, both would have been played in one of the many spare dates available since the original postponements. Ideally the 1st available date.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock have both moved fixtures into the spare weekend created by the postponement of Scottish cup ties, a weekend where either could have played this fixture.

I felt St Mirren could not fulfil the original fixture as they had a small squad with no contingency built in to allow for such a situation, I believe there were only 3 players unavailable due to Covid? Others were injury/suspension etc.

Celtic (albeit they were against the wall and have the biggest squad in the league) managed to fulfil a fixture without 13 of their 1st team squad, Motherwell and Aberdeen have also fulfilled fixtures without key players who were contact traced while away with Scotland u-21s.

Anyway, Motherwell are now forced to cram 2 games into a now congested fixture list against st Mirren and Killie teams who have both strengthened and have a full squad to pick from.

Round up the ramble, Id rather win the 6 points on the park, but I’d like to be able to bring in ringers. Turnbull? 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kilmarnock and St Mirren breached the rules, causing games to be suspended. IMO the 3-0 defeats were justified. 

From what I’ve read from Dyer and Fitzpatrick, both are arrogant, delusional and simply wrong. Both saying we haven’t done anything wrong, apart from doing stuff wrong, but you know, that’s not our fault, paraphrasing obviously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kumnio said:

Kilmarnock and St Mirren breached the rules, causing games to be suspended. IMO the 3-0 defeats were justified. 

From what I’ve read from Dyer and Fitzpatrick, both are arrogant, delusional and simply wrong. Both saying we haven’t done anything wrong, apart from doing stuff wrong, but you know, that’s not our fault, paraphrasing obviously. 

It's a ridiculous decision to hand them 10k fines for effectively not bothering their arses with covid protocols 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The approach needs to be (1) if a game is postponed then every effort should be made to reschedule and fulfill the fixture as soon as practically possible (2) if there have been alleged breaches of covid or other rules (regardless of whether a postponement is involved) then the correct authority should investigate these (police, SPFl, SFA) and take appropriate action (fines, points deductions). 

The approach that Scottish football thought (and folk mind-blowingly still seem to think) is rational where you only bother to care if the game is postponed, and whereby you meet the most minor of offences with the severest of punishments, whereas you'll ignore the most blatant of offences so long as it's a big enough club (with enough players to get away with it). Is, in fact, dug shite. 

It's analogous to dishing out red cards for unintentional trips because the opposing player took an awkward fall and broke his leg, while letting two footed challenges to the head go unpunished because the guy shook it off. 

Folk going on about killie having a blatant disregard for the rules and all this pish are getting themselves worked up into a hysterical lather that isn't justified by the facts. A fine is just fine in this case.

That being said, Motherwell have been giving a good pumping here. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

The approach needs to be (1) if a game is postponed then every effort should be made to reschedule and fulfill the fixture as soon as practically possible (2) if there have been alleged breaches of covid or other rules (regardless of whether a postponement is involved) then the correct authority should investigate these (police, SPFl, SFA) and take appropriate action (fines, points deductions). 

The approach that Scottish football thought (and folk mind-blowingly still seem to think) is rational where you only bother to care if the game is postponed, and whereby you meet the most minor of offences with the severest of punishments, whereas you'll ignore the most blatant of offences so long as it's a big enough club (with enough players to get away with it). Is, in fact, dug shite. 

It's analogous to dishing out red cards for unintentional trips because the opposing player took an awkward fall and broke his leg, while letting two footed challenges to the head go unpunished because the guy shook it off. 

Folk going on about killie having a blatant disregard for the rules and all this pish are getting themselves worked up into a hysterical lather that isn't justified by the facts. A fine is just fine in this case.

That being said, Motherwell have been giving a good pumping here. 

Agree with that. Punishing the consequences rather than the crime.

I had said at the time, but I think St Mirren could and should have fulfilled the fixture. The squad wasn’t big enough (they hadn’t filled their bench the previous week without Covid) and they have added players since who will be eligible to play Motherwell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Agree with that. Punishing the consequences rather than the crime.

I had said at the time, but I think St Mirren could and should have fulfilled the fixture. The squad wasn’t big enough (they hadn’t filled their bench the previous week without Covid) and they have added players since who will be eligible to play Motherwell.

Aye and agree that killie have probably (unfairly) picked up a small competitive advantage, which would have been avoided had the game been rescheduled asap and the punishment for breaches considered separately. 

I'd almost feel bad if we manage to pick up any points 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...